HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Järnkrok's future?

View Poll Results: What happens to Calle?
Move him to wing 8 9.64%
Trade asset 7 8.43%
Bring him up slowly, starting at 3C 61 73.49%
Who cares, he busts anyway 7 8.43%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old
07-28-2013, 02:36 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Järnkrok's future?

Have touched this on few occasions and I'm interested to hear other people's thoughts.

3 top 6 C's signed for 4 or more years. Doubt anyone moves before that. Maybe Weiss after year 3 of his deal but doubt it.

So is he trade asset now? Are they planning on him as third line C (or Weiss) and roll with 3 scoring lines? And shipping Helm or moving him to wing.

Do they see him as winger? Wings are already pretty deep at wing in our pool so there would be lost of moves then, I think. And as Wings are already smallish down the middle, there would need to be some size at wing imo.

Maybe they keep him down this season, and next, maybe some call ups. Then 3rd line winger or C in three years and 3rd line C or 2nd line winger in year 4, then move to top 6 C.

Or maybe they are not as high on him as we've thought and are taking wait and see approach?

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 02:44 PM
Eye of Ra
Mr.Negativo

vCash: 500
Move Helm to 4th line. Problem solved.

Eye of Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 02:58 PM
GoAwayDanCleary
DRWCC

Don't think he's our #1 prospect like others. On topic I'd keep him down this year then provided he does well while bulking up move him to 3C and Helm to 4C. Put Calle on the 2nd unit PP.

GoAwayDanCleary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
I think we bring him up as a wing and then give him looks at center as injuries permit before maybe moving him there full time 2-3 years after he come sup. Similar to Zetterberg.

07-28-2013, 03:15 PM
Phil18

Next year roster should be like that not this season the other

Z-Dats-Mule
Nyquist-Weiss-Tatar
Abdel-Jarnkork-UFA(Or a guy from the Griffins Pulkkinen, Frk, Jurco Glendening..)
Miller-Helm-Andersson

I think it could be really good in a couple years i really dont want to trader Calle really a good prospect<

He need to play in North America a bit before making the jump

Phil18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 03:26 PM
jaster
i'm maybe not drunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger98 View Post
I think we bring him up as a wing and then give him looks at center as injuries permit before maybe moving him there full time 2-3 years after he come sup. Similar to Zetterberg.
Yeah, with Hank, Dats, Weiss, and Helm all signed for 3-8 years, I'm starting to think Jarnkrok is going to have to go on the wing for a while. Not much of a choice.

And no, Jarnkrok will not be bumping Helm down to 4C. Not as long as Babcock is the coach.

jaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Eye of Ra
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post

And no, Jarnkrok will not be bumping Helm down to 4C. Not as long as Babcock is the coach.
but that is common sense.

Eye of Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 03:47 PM
monisten

Hate to say this, but to me Järnkrok most probably will be a bust. I don't believe he has the tools (speed, strenght) to become an top6-forward in NHL. I've been seeing him quite a lot in Sweden last year and to me his development has flattened out. Of course I could be wrong on this one (and I really hope that is the case, since Wings lacks top end center prospects).

Will be interesting to see him in the Griffins this season to come.

monisten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:06 PM
DatsyukToZetterberg
Alligator!

He'll spend at least this year in the AHL, if he doesn't do well or we don't have a spot for him, maybe both, IIRC he can spend another year in the AHL.

If he does come up next year I think he'll start off on the wing for 1 or 2 years. If he does well I think we'll see him slide into the offensive 3rd line C role, he'll get the easy matchups and easy minutes, while playing/QBing the 2nd PP unit.

If he does surpass Weiss we should be show to move Weiss as he isn't overpaid by much if at all.

So I think he will go like this

AHL-> 3rd line W->3/4C->#2/3C->#2C

This is if course assuming he doesnt bust.

So none of the above to the question.

DatsyukToZetterberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:14 PM
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT

Hmm any swedes here who watches the SHL and national team, did järnkrok play wing there? Or only center?

I think third line center is the best thing for him to start his NHL career.

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:29 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by monisten View Post
Hate to say this, but to me Järnkrok most probably will be a bust. I don't believe he has the tools (speed, strenght) to become an top6-forward in NHL. I've been seeing him quite a lot in Sweden last year and to me his development has flattened out. Of course I could be wrong on this one (and I really hope that is the case, since Wings lacks top end center prospects).

Will be interesting to see him in the Griffins this season to come.
I wouldn't be too concerned since he is only 21 and he has a pretty decent frame, being about 6'0".

Datsyuk and Zetterberg were both pretty light at that age also, though maybe not as slight.

Strength is something you can improve pretty significantly through training. Even if he can't add a step on skating, gaining 10-12 lbs of muscle and being a 6'0" crafty forward, he should be fine. Think he needs another year to put on some muscle and some weight, then he'll be fine.

I think a lot of people on this board make it seem like "gaining a step" on skating is easy, and something that everyone can do. I think that is a misconception and not a trib for every player. Se guys top out speed wise and even with a skating coach they aren't going to improve. Maybe they're agility or edging, but not their speed.

Thought Nyquist was an exception since he is a more explosive skater and faster, and he's a winger. He clearly was good enough to get by with A skinnier frame. Plus he has really good vision and a high hockey IQ

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:32 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

I think Jarnkork will start as a 3rd line winger and hopefully make his way to 2nd line center eventually.

I think in 2 years a line of Jarnkrok-Sheahan-Nyquist would be unreal. Though I am less optimistic about Helm's long term health than most. Hopefully it's not an issue, but I don't know...

Last edited by Frk It: 07-28-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Old
07-28-2013, 06:22 PM
SirKillalot
HFB Partner

I'd like to see him and Zetterberg alternate on the center position and wing.

But, he might be to small for the task, we'll see.

If Helm comes back in good health, I really don't want to demote him to 4th line, but hopefully someone chops some stone of his hands.

07-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Wingsfan2965*

Weiss was brought on to move Zetterberg to wing, so we have two top six centers...

And if Jarnkrok lives up to the hype Detroit will trade Weiss. (Or move Datsyuk down as he begins to slow down)

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 06:35 PM
InjuredChoker

vCash: 925
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Weiss was brought on to move Zetterberg to wing, so we have two top six centers...

And if Jarnkrok lives up to the hype Detroit will trade Weiss. (Or move Datsyuk down as he begins to slow down)
Weiss has NMC and modified NTC, may limit trade options.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 06:51 PM
joe89

Winger probably.

I would play him at center or trade him, personally. Time to make some moves with the prospects that are already 21-22 years old while they hold good trade value, can't fit them all in.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 07:08 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

vCash: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post

Weiss could also be a third line center at that point. This is really a first world problem to have if Jarnkrok forces his way up the lineup faster than anticipated. I actually think what is more likely here to the shock of everyone is if Andersson, Sheahan, and Jarnkrok start proving out, Helm will be shopped and probably for a decent return towards the end of his current deal.

Could start on the wing could start at #3C, depends on why he is up to begin with or what they want to do with the roster. If Jarnkrok shreds the AHL, not out of the realm of possibilities, all it does is give the Wings more options and quicker.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 07:34 PM
Flowah

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Zetterberg Era View Post
Weiss could also be a third line center at that point. This is really a first world problem to have if Jarnkrok forces his way up the lineup faster than anticipated. I actually think what is more likely here to the shock of everyone is if Andersson, Sheahan, and Jarnkrok start proving out, Helm will be shopped and probably for a decent return towards the end of his current deal.

Could start on the wing could start at #3C, depends on why he is up to begin with or what they want to do with the roster. If Jarnkrok shreds the AHL, not out of the realm of possibilities, all it does is give the Wings more options and quicker.
He only got like a game or two up, but Sheahan didn't show very much. Andersson at least looked good out there like right away. Curious to see how Sheahan shapes up in the next couple of years.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:21 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
He only got like a game or two up, but Sheahan didn't show very much. Andersson at least looked good out there like right away. Curious to see how Sheahan shapes up in the next couple of years.
I wouldn't be too overly critical of 1 game.

A lot of people complained and weren't impressed with Nyquist after his first game or 2. By the end of the year he was dangling Brent Seabrook. These guys need time to settle in and adjust.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:32 PM
pdd

Maybe...

2014-15 (assuming no UFA)
Datsyuk/Zetterberg/Abdelkader
Franzen/Weiss/Jurco
Nyquist/Jarnkrok/Tatar
Miller/Helm/Andersson

pdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 08:33 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowah View Post
One game a year isn't very fair, can tell you he outplayed Andersson especially after his super drunk charge for a good two months when both were still down last year. Had actually supplanted him on the first line in late November through January camp.

He has been called up for one game each season, give him a little time to get his feet wet and get comfortable. He is reliable defensively, faster and has more offensive tools than Andy.

Old
07-28-2013, 08:34 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Thank you Mr. I, RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Maybe...

Franzen/Weiss/Jurco
Nyquist/Jarnkrok/Tatar
Miller/Helm/Andersson
Miller's contract was stupid for just this reason. A cheaper Sheahan or Ferraro is much more attractive there, although I am assuming they are the forwards you have benched/in the press box.

Old
07-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Pizzarena91
hot and REaDy Wings

Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
Move Helm to 4th line. Problem solved.
this is assuming Helm ever plays another NHL game

Pizzarena91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Winger98
powers combined

Send a message via Yahoo to Winger98
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaster View Post
Yeah, with Hank, Dats, Weiss, and Helm all signed for 3-8 years, I'm starting to think Jarnkrok is going to have to go on the wing for a while. Not much of a choice.

Which is a damn shame if Jarnkrok shows he can handle the center duties. Able to roll three legit scoring centers is the sort of thing we should be pushing for.

Winger98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Amyklas

Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Maybe...

Franzen/Weiss/Jurco
Nyquist/Jarnkrok/Tatar