HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Seats and Tickets for Habs games

Old
07-28-2013, 04:01 PM
kevkev

vCash: 500
Seats and Tickets for Habs games

I am planning a trip to Montreal in October and as the schedule has worked out I will be in town for the Blue Jackets and Predators game.
Now this will be my first NHL game in its home continent, my previous experiences being the NHL Premiere games.

I see on the Montreal site they are detailing a lottery process in order for fans to get tickets.
I am wondering if anyone here has any experience with the buying process -
Is there a chance Ill be able to pick up 3 tickets for a game, or will they dissapear before I even get the chance: notably my budget on this is $100 max.

I have seen a few tickets on sale on Stubhub- notably ones for $96 in section 317: How is this pricewise and is that a good place to sit?
I could also pay the same for 321; or $3 more for section 329

Any help on this would be brilliant.

Kev

Last edited by kevkev: 07-28-2013 at 04:14 PM.
kevkev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:42 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Tickets go on sale in early September. They also release a small number of tickets on the 15th of each month. The lottery system makes it completely random. You could get lucky and access the "system" early and pick the game you want.

Most people will get tickets but not necessarily the games or the seats that they wanted.

Since Nashville and Columbus are some of the least popular teams, there is a good chance of you getting 3 tickets to 1 of those games, if not both. You will need 2 credit cards to buy tickets for 2 games. Have a friend buy the 2nd game to avoid any troubles.

I doubt you will be getting 3 tickets for $100. Unless you meant $100 each. The cheapest tickets are around $40 iirc.

Pierre Dagenais is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2013, 04:47 PM
kevkev

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
Most people will get tickets but not necessarily the games or the seats that they wanted.

Since Nashville and Columbus are some of the least popular teams, there is a good chance of you getting 3 tickets to 1 of those games, if not both. You will need 2 credit cards to buy tickets for 2 games. Have a friend buy the 2nd game to avoid any troubles.

I doubt you will be getting 3 tickets for $100. Unless you meant $100 each. The cheapest tickets are around $40 iirc.
Thanks for the reply. It seems then there will be some hope for getting tickets direct versus a reseller.
Just to clarify it would be $96 a ticket.

Out of curiosity has anyone on here also had any experience with Billets.com?

Kev.

Old
07-28-2013, 05:07 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Like the other poster says, its all based on luck. Worst comes to worst, you shouldn't have any problems finding tickets on stubhub

07-28-2013, 05:50 PM
Price My Man Crush

Here's the Bell Centre:

Anywhere you're going to sit in the arena, you're going to see the game really well. Section 321 would be the best choice IMO. White centre and the Canadiens shoot two times. Great place to watch a game.

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 02:54 PM
kevkev

Thanks for your help.
Lets hope I can pick up some good seats for at least one of the games.

Pretty excited to see the Habs.

Kev.

Old
07-29-2013, 03:37 PM
HABS win CUPS*

in my experience there really aren't many bad seats in Bell centre the bigger gamble is out of the 2 games will either be a good game

I remember I went to like 6 games one year between Montreal and also Air Canada Center (which i got really fancy tix for which was coooool) and i think maybe 2 were actually good competitive nhl game

I did get to see the Leafs get massacred from like 2nd row off the ice in ACC which was special I've never seen defeat so up close like that

HABS win CUPS* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:11 PM
Dagistitsyn

Didn't want to start another thread for this question, but I was wondering..

Say I do luck out and make it through the waiting room on the Canadiens website.. Do I have the option to pick which game or is that random too? Has anyone actually purchased tickets through the Habs website before? Sounds like everyone just gets stuck in the waiting room.

I always just buy my tickets from Ebay or Stubhub. I figure I may aswell atleast try to get them for the actual price this year..

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:15 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagistitsyn View Post
Didn't want to start another thread for this question, but I was wondering..

Say I do luck out and make it through the waiting room on the Canadiens website.. Do I have the option to pick which game or is that random too? Has anyone actually purchased tickets through the Habs website before? Sounds like everyone just gets stuck in the waiting room.

I always just buy my tickets from Ebay or Stubhub. I figure I may aswell atleast try to get them for the actual price this year..
I always buy my tickets through the Habs website and never have a problem getting the game I want...maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

But yes, of course you get to pick the game you want.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:20 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
I always buy my tickets through the Habs website and never have a problem getting the game I want...maybe I'm one of the lucky ones.

But yes, of course you get to pick the game you want.
Oh..well then, that's good to hear. Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm trying to get tickets to the first two games. Hoping one game I can get Reds center ice and the other game somewhere in the White/Grey center ice will be fine. I imagine the home opener will sell out within seconds so I'll likely have to pay 3x on Stubhub..

Old
07-31-2013, 12:31 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Oh..well then, that's good to hear. Thanks for the quick reply!

I'm trying to get tickets to the first two games. Hoping one game I can get Reds center ice and the other game somewhere in the White/Grey center ice will be fine. I imagine the home opener will sell out within seconds so I'll likely have to pay 3x on Stubhub..
Obviously, the more expensive seats tend to sell out faster, so if you're resigned to just paying more on stubhub for inferior seats later, just go for broke and get yourself some nice reds or desjardins section tickets. Pricey, but the peace of mind is worth it

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 12:34 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Obviously, the more expensive seats tend to sell out faster, so if you're resigned to just paying more on stubhub for inferior seats later, just go for broke and get yourself some nice reds or desjardins section tickets. Pricey, but the peace of mind is worth it
That is definitely the plan, if I have the chance to get them.

Old
07-31-2013, 12:38 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

The last tickets to sell out are probably the Desjardins section seats and the Best buy family zone seats.

Season opener is one of the fastest sellouts too. Leafs, Bruins, Red Wings, Penguins, Flyers and maybe Lightning are the most popular teams.

Old
07-31-2013, 12:40 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Also just keep in mind that the "big" games of the year (home opener, games against Leafs/Bruins/Pens, etc...basically the ones most people will be gunning for) are usually designated as "optimum" games, which means that they cost more. Not substantially more, but just enough to be annoying.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 01:06 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Dagenais View Post
The last tickets to sell out are probably the Desjardins section seats and the Best buy family zone seats.

Season opener is one of the fastest sellouts too. Leafs, Bruins, Red Wings, Penguins, Flyers and maybe Lightning are the most popular teams.
Why do the Desjardins section seats last longer? I thought they were supposed to be good.
I'll pretty much take whatever I can get for the home opener but I'm gunning for center Reds. Especially through the Canadiens website.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Also just keep in mind that the "big" games of the year (home opener, games against Leafs/Bruins/Pens, etc...basically the ones most people will be gunning for) are usually designated as "optimum" games, which means that they cost more. Not substantially more, but just enough to be annoying.
Yeah I expected the Leafs game to be an optimum game and it is. The second game against the Flyers is regular price. I'm willing to pay the extra $100 for the Leafs/Home opener.

Old
07-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Team_Spirit
SAINT RADULOV

Jackets and Preds in October...... you will be able to buy tickets cheap from scalpers, imo.

Team_Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 01:29 PM
Pierre Dagenais
pissening

Quote:
Why do the Desjardins section seats last longer? I thought they were supposed to be good.
I'll pretty much take whatever I can get for the home opener but I'm gunning for center Reds. Especially through the Canadiens website.

Yeah I expected the Leafs game to be an optimum game and it is. The second game against the Flyers is regular price. I'm willing to pay the extra $100 for the Leafs/Home opener.
Desjardins seats are higher up than Reds but cost more than the cheapest Reds. You do get unlimited food though!

Old
07-31-2013, 01:42 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by overlords View Post
Just noticed that I wrote 'sell out faster' when I meant the complete opposite.

Everyone guns for the blues and greys right off the bat, in my experience.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2013, 02:04 PM
NobleSix
Dynasty to Tragedy

vCash: 416
I see there is different pricing for "regular games" and "optimum games". What's the difference between the two?

Edit: Nevermind, hototogisu already answered this question

NobleSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 04:51 PM
BrandNewDream

Hey everyone, thinking about trekking up to Montreal in November for their Saturday night game against the Rangers. What are my possibilities of scoring tickets? I've looked at StubHub, and I'm just unsure whether or not they'll decrease in price once general sale tickets hit.

Also, any suggestions on where to stay? Ideally would be central to the Bell Centre, but also other attractions, as I'd be coming in for Friday, Saturday, and most of Sunday. Thanks!

BrandNewDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Dagistitsyn

Hey guys, I have another question I'm hoping someone can answer.

http://www.stubhub.com/montreal-cana...-2013-4323686/

Section 113 Row R. Why are those tickets only $277.50 when all the seats around them are going for $500 ish (which is what I expected).

Does anyone know if there is another camera near row R, maybe causing the value of the tickets to be lower?

Seems like too good of a deal and I can't think of any other reason for that person to sell the tickets at that price with all surrounding seats being nearly double the amount.

I sat in section 113 row B before and I was literally RIGHT beside the camera and I hated it, but I never bothered to look behind me / can't remember if row R has another camera or if it is far enough back to be able to see the whole ice clearly over the cameras.

I'm tempted to grab these from Stubhub right now but I don't want to be beside or behind another big camera.

Old
08-04-2013, 09:42 PM
Price My Man Crush

Quote:
Hey guys, I have another question I'm hoping someone can answer.

http://www.stubhub.com/montreal-cana...-2013-4323686/

Section 113 Row R. Why are those tickets only $277.50 when all the seats around them are going for $500 ish (which is what I expected).

Does anyone know if there is another camera near row R, maybe causing the value of the tickets to be lower?

Seems like too good of a deal and I can't think of any other reason for that person to sell the tickets at that price with all surrounding seats being nearly double the amount.

I sat in section 113 row B before and I was literally RIGHT beside the camera and I hated it, but I never bothered to look behind me / can't remember if row R has another camera or if it is far enough back to be able to see the whole ice clearly over the cameras.

I'm tempted to grab these from Stubhub right now but I don't want to be beside or behind another big camera.
Or maybe it's just some chill dude selling the tickets...

Price My Man Crush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 09:58 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mover View Post
Or maybe it's just some chill dude selling the tickets...
That's what I'm hoping for! Just need some sort of confirmation that row R doesn't suck for some reason, because getting stuck beside the giant camera taking away half the ice was so frustrating.

Old
08-05-2013, 08:57 AM
Dagistitsyn

Okay, since I don't expect to get an answer about my last question (Row R 113) I decided I was just going to go ahead and grab the tickets anyways, but I ran into another problem and here I am with another question

When I go to the checkout screen it says estimated delivery is the day before the game? I'll already be in Montreal by then and I was hoping to have the tickets with me. Is this accurate with Stubhub, can you really not get the tickets any earlier?

Old
08-05-2013, 09:23 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Okay, since I don't expect to get an answer about my last question (Row R 113) I decided I was just going to go ahead and grab the tickets anyways, but I ran into another problem and here I am with another question

When I go to the checkout screen it says estimated delivery is the day before the game? I'll already be in Montreal by then and I was hoping to have the tickets with me. Is this accurate with Stubhub, can you really not get the tickets any earlier?
Have the tickets delivered to your hotel.

Call the hotel beforehand and confirm all details with them, but it's standard practice.

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote