HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos - Edm

Old
07-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAKHS10 View Post
Smid alone is worth more
HAHAHA

Get real I wouldn't trade that package for smid and all those spare parts much less taking out the spares

Dr Danglefest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:11 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
No, no and no.

One year of 32y Seidenberg
Some random 29y 4th liner named Paille
Some random 36y 4th liner named Thornton
Some random player who you got as a throw in

No.
First off how are Thornton and Paille random?

Secondly they have SC rings, and were a part of the reason why we won the cup. You don't win a cup with 4 scoring lines.

And Hello!

Outside of EDM...by your standards...

Lander = Random
Marincin = Random
3rd = don't even need to go there

Add that with how useless Hemsky is and you have a not so great package (yes Hemsky is terrible otherwise you wouldn't have to retain his salary just to get rid of him)

Old
07-29-2013, 08:22 AM
MeestaDeteta

Seidenberg only has one year left on his deal I believe. Why trade Smid (who's signed for several years) for one year of Seidenberg? Not to mention throwing in one of our best D prospects. Pass from me.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 08:30 AM
hlaverty06

Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Agreed. Boston would need to add something significant to get this deal done. Maybe replace Seidenberg with Chara?

Smid, Lander, Hemsky (50% retained), Marincin, 2014 3rd round draft pick
Chara, Paille, Smith, Thornton?

Please dont do this to the thread

hlaverty06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:11 AM
Kulleroinen
Oilers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Danglefest View Post
First off how are Thornton and Paille random?

Secondly they have SC rings, and were a part of the reason why we won the cup. You don't win a cup with 4 scoring lines.

And Hello!

Outside of EDM...by your standards...

Lander = Random
Marincin = Random
3rd = don't even need to go there

Add that with how useless Hemsky is and you have a not so great package (yes Hemsky is terrible otherwise you wouldn't have to retain his salary just to get rid of him)
They are just some 4th line scrubs. 36y scrub is worth very little, but I guess you are just happy to keep them? What is the problem here then?

Kulleroinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:14 AM
Hugo Sham

good deal. anything that continues to remove the toughness and grit from Boston.

Hugo Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:15 AM
HuskyBruinPride

Quote:
Agreed. Boston would need to add something significant to get this deal done. Maybe replace Seidenberg with Chara?

Smid, Lander, Hemsky (50% retained), Marincin, 2014 3rd round draft pick

Dream on, pal.

HuskyBruinPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:25 AM
alpine4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by AAKHS10 View Post
Smid alone is worth more
I dont think, that you have watched to many Bs game... and I highly value Smid

Fiar proposal but but I dont think, the Bs do that, unless Kelly is in that deal (Salary Cap)

alpine4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:42 AM
CupofOil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulleroinen View Post
They are just some 4th line scrubs. 36y scrub is worth very little, but I guess you are just happy to keep them? What is the problem here then?
No, what the Oilers currently have on their 4th line is scrubs. Paille and Thornton are great 4th liners and would instantly make the Oilers a better team.
As to the trade, Seidenberg is definitely better than Smid but Smid is locked up to a reasonable, long term contract while Seidenberg only has 1 year left and when you add in a very good prospect like Marincin, this is an easy no from the Oilers.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:23 AM
TylerSVT*

Quote:

Smid, Lander, Hemsky (50% retained), Marincin, 2014 2nd round draft pick, Darnell Nurse
There you go.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:25 AM
weaponomega

This trade makes no sense for the Bruins. It removes a lot of the toughness from the Bruins and I don't see Hemsky as a good fit in Boston anyway.

weaponomega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 11:03 AM
Dr Danglefest
Vindication

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupofOil View Post
No, what the Oilers currently have on their 4th line is scrubs. Paille and Thornton are great 4th liners and would instantly make the Oilers a better team.
As to the trade, Seidenberg is definitely better than Smid but Smid is locked up to a reasonable, long term contract while Seidenberg only has 1 year left and when you add in a very good prospect like Marincin, this is an easy no from the Oilers.
This is more how I feel, it's a no from both sides, and mainly Because of the makeup of each team, but Seids is the better d-man NOW, but obviously with a lot less productive years left in him than Smid. The contract also gives Smid value

Bruins are better of with what Seids brings now, oilers better off with what Smid brings for now and more so in the next couple of years, the extras from Boston are more valuable than the extras from EDM but all those moving parts really just get lost in translation

But EDM with a few upgrades on your 4th line could work wonders, Gordon was a good start

Old
07-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjack13 View Post

Smid
Lander
Hemsky (half salary retained)
2014 3rd Round Pick
Marincin

Seidenberg
Paille
Reilly Smith
Thornton
Well, before the obligatory knee jerk, homer reaction, I just want to say that as far as proposals on HFBoards go, this is quite good in terms of value.

Moreover, before commenting definitively, I'd need to do this totally radical thing (around these parts) called looking at the data and info before affirming or rejecting the proposal. I want to see Seidenberg and Paille/Kelly's underlying numbers, Reilly Smith's projections, and whether Thornton would be a particularly notable upgrade for the role.

My initial thought is that Edmonton would win this trade. But the economics of it concern me. Even if they were to agree to an extension with Seidenberg before the trade went down, value is going to be a BIG concern for the Oilers moving forward. And, Smid represents the only long-term, very good value contract the Oilers have (I'd say Hall is a bargain too, actually). So that would be my biggest theoretical opposition. But that may well be offset with incoming value and roster flexibility over the next 2 years.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 04:57 PM
czar99

vCash: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post

Seidenberg would be your best defenseman
Not that I agree one way or another with the proposal one way or another but that is a stupid argument. If we had a team full of bottom pairing defenseman doesn't mean we're going to trade one of the kids for a #4 dman just because he would be our best dman on the team.

czar99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:13 PM
HuskyBruinPride

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Not that I agree one way or another with the proposal one way or another but that is a stupid argument. If we had a team full of bottom pairing defenseman doesn't mean we're going to trade one of the kids for a #4 dman just because he would be our best dman on the team.
You clearly haven't watched Seidenberg if you think he's a #4

HuskyBruinPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 05:19 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by czar99 View Post
Who is the #4 defenseman you are talking about? Seidenberg is a very good #2 shutdown defenseman.

Seidenberg would instantly be the best defenseman on the Oilers but it wouldn't make sense for them to trade for him or for Boston to trade him. Seidenberg has a few good years left in his career most likely but he only has one year left on this deal and then he will be an UFA. He fits on Boston and because of his age and length of contract he doesn't fit on Edmonton.

nmbr_24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 06:06 PM
Boston Bruins248*

I find it funny how Edmonton fans who are in great need of a #1,#2, Defence keeps making these vary one sided trade proposals first it was boychuk, then McQuaid, now Siedenburg. Then tries to I convince us that it is slanted in our favour by suggesting Boston needs to add. Siedenburg is Boston #2 Dman right after Chara.
1. chara. 2. Siedenburg 3. Boychuk 4. McQuaid. 5. Hamilton

Last edited by Boston Bruins248*: 07-29-2013 at 06:13 PM. Reason: Ranking Boston D 1 - 4
Boston Bruins248* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 09:16 PM
slim399

I would like something around Kelly and Hemsky. Maybe Boston adds B prospect or a pick. Oilers get a gritty two way forward with heart and Boston gets some more skill.

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Marchand-Bergeron-Eriksson
Spooner-Soderberg-Hemsky

That is quite the top nine

slim399 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:05 PM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post
I would like something around Kelly and Hemsky. Maybe Boston adds B prospect or a pick. Oilers get a gritty two way forward with heart and Boston gets some more skill.

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Spooner-Soderberg-Hemsky

I'd rather Paille at this point....We don't have the cap space for Hemsky and his 40 games.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Sniper99
STEPAN!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by supert View Post
I want no part of a guy name Denise playing for the Oilers and who the hell is Dzeno . If you mean D , Zero as in Dumb and Zero chance the Bruins make this trade I agree . As an Oiler fan , I also see many reason for the Oilers not to do it .
No kidding. There is already an Alice Hemsky

Sniper99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 05:38 PM
hockeyjack89
R.I.P. Thrashers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
Well, before the obligatory knee jerk, homer reaction, I just want to say that as far as proposals on HFBoards go, this is quite good in terms of value.

Moreover, before commenting definitively, I'd need to do this totally radical thing (around these parts) called looking at the data and info before affirming or rejecting the proposal. I want to see Seidenberg and Paille/Kelly's underlying numbers, Reilly Smith's projections, and whether Thornton would be a particularly notable upgrade for the role.

My initial thought is that Edmonton would win this trade. But the economics of it concern me. Even if they were to agree to an extension with Seidenberg before the trade went down, value is going to be a BIG concern for the Oilers moving forward. And, Smid represents the only long-term, very good value contract the Oilers have (I'd say Hall is a bargain too, actually). So that would be my biggest theoretical opposition. But that may well be offset with incoming value and roster flexibility over the next 2 years.
Well first of all thank you! That means a lot, I've made some bad proposals now that I look back on them. Now for THIS proposal. I read on the Hockey's Future website that Reilly Smith should be a second-line scoring forward similar to Petr Sykora. (here's the link) http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/reilly_smith/

and I don't know if this is what you're looking for but here's some stats on the following players

Dainel Paille - http://www.rotowire.com/hockey/player.htm?id=1689

Chris Kelly - http://www.rotowire.com/hockey/player.htm?ID=2114

Dennis Seidenberg - http://www.rotowire.com/hockey/player.htm?ID=1781

Shawn Thornton - http://www.rotowire.com/hockey/player.htm?ID=1804

hockeyjack89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 06:18 PM
Bonecrusher11
Swedish goal king

Some scrub fourth liners

Bonecrusher11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2013, 07:42 PM
wintersej

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim399 View Post

Lucic-Krejci-Iginla
Spooner-Soderberg-Hemsky

I am a big fan of making the Bruins 3rd line more of an offensive line. With how insane the 2nd line is going to be defensively, and how offensively Seguin/Horton > Iginla/Eriksson, having an offensive 3rd line like the old Wheeler/Krejci/Ryder line would be good.

Kelly, I think, would fit well in EDM. Not sure about Hemsky in Boston (if something could be worked out with the salary issue). Not saying no to Hemsky, but its less of a slam dunk than Kelly in EDM would be.

wintersej is offline   Reply With Quote