HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > General Fantasy Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
General Fantasy Talk Forum for fantasy leagues, mock and all time drafts, and hockey video games.

A ton of Questions that need answering please

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 11:41 AM
Sirantlers

vCash: 500
A ton of Questions that need answering please

I have my draft coming up next wednesday in a 12 team league with 8 forwards, 2 utl, 4 defense, and 2 goalies......I have a ton of questions that I need to find answers to and I though, where better than my friends at HFboards.com so here they go:

1)These are my forwards worthy of a first round pick.....let me know if you dissagree:
Sakic Forsberg Hejduk Hossa Thornton Naslund Bertuzzi Heatley.
urer
2)The way I see it there is 4 goalies in the highest class of goaltenders and then it drops off a bit: Brodeur, Turco, Hasek, Lalime. The next level would be Kolzig, Cechmanek, Giguere, and Belfour.
3)Will Theadore and Thibault really be that good this year or not? I say Thibault will slip a bit and Theadore will be better than he was last year.
4) I am wordering how much playing time these goalies will get and if it is enough to be worth taking. Hackett, Osgood, Potvin, Burke.
5) I feel that Nabakov & Salo have slipped a bit and are not as good of picks as compared to Theadore or Khabibulin....what do you think?
6)I'm very high on Fedorov and I like Sykora but I'm not sure about Prospal. Do you think his points will decline or that he will pick up points cause of his linemates??
7) Straka! No one is even remotely high on him but is he playing on a line with Lemieux or not???
8) Rolston has had 2 great seasons but no one is picking him very high, why is that?
9) I'm starting to think that Selanne and Kariya will be great picks, but the Hype wont match they're point production. Also Kariya will have more points than Selanne
10) Is it just me, or is Samsonov if healthy going to kick ass on that top B's line with Thornton??
11)Is Carter playing on that line with Kovalev and Nedved??
12) Elias has fallen off the map but I still regard him as a 3rd or fourth round pick.....not anymore???
13) Is Lemieux worthy of a second round pick cause I think so, but only if I have selected a Goalie in the first.
14)Rank these players in projected point totals:Allison, Sundin, Modano, Weight.
15) Palffy VS Tkachuk?
16) Is Comrie signed? If so who between Smyth and Comrie?
17) Lecavalier, St Louis, or Richards???
18) Oates vs Damphousse
19) I am really excited about Derek Morris on D along with Ozolinsh, Markov, and Neidermayer.....how do you guys feel about these 4
and the final question:
my first round draft list goes like this:
1) Forsberg 2) Sakic 3) Brodeur 4) Thornton 5) Lalime 6) Bertuzzi 7) Hejduk 8) Hasek 9) Naslund 10)Heatley 11) Turco 12)Hossa
what would you change about this if anything??

Sorry I know this is long guys but I have a ton of questions....

Thanks for all of your help!

Oh, and is Aebischer or Cujo worth the risk if I can only have 2 goalies?

Old
09-27-2003, 12:23 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
If you need to ask all these questions, you shouldn't be drafting.

Old
09-27-2003, 12:47 PM
Sirantlers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen Wilson
If you need to ask all these questions, you shouldn't be drafting.

Thanks for all your help dick.....I was looking for a second opinion on this stuff....

Old
09-27-2003, 12:51 PM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbeahs
Thanks for all your help dick.....I was looking for a second opinion on this stuff....
If you look through the back pages you'll probably find asnwers to all of those questions.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:26 PM
Feenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahbeahs
I have my draft coming up next wednesday in a 12 team league with 8 forwards, 2 utl, 4 defense, and 2 goalies......I have a ton of questions that I need to find answers to and I though, where better than my friends at HFboards.com so here they go:

1)These are my forwards worthy of a first round pick.....let me know if you dissagree:
Sakic Forsberg Hejduk Hossa Thornton Naslund Bertuzzi Heatley.
urer
2)The way I see it there is 4 goalies in the highest class of goaltenders and then it drops off a bit: Brodeur, Turco, Hasek, Lalime. The next level would be Kolzig, Cechmanek, Giguere, and Belfour.
3)Will Theadore and Thibault really be that good this year or not? I say Thibault will slip a bit and Theadore will be better than he was last year.
4) I am wordering how much playing time these goalies will get and if it is enough to be worth taking. Hackett, Osgood, Potvin, Burke.
5) I feel that Nabakov & Salo have slipped a bit and are not as good of picks as compared to Theadore or Khabibulin....what do you think?
6)I'm very high on Fedorov and I like Sykora but I'm not sure about Prospal. Do you think his points will decline or that he will pick up points cause of his linemates??
7) Straka! No one is even remotely high on him but is he playing on a line with Lemieux or not???
8) Rolston has had 2 great seasons but no one is picking him very high, why is that?
9) I'm starting to think that Selanne and Kariya will be great picks, but the Hype wont match they're point production. Also Kariya will have more points than Selanne
10) Is it just me, or is Samsonov if healthy going to kick ass on that top B's line with Thornton??
11)Is Carter playing on that line with Kovalev and Nedved??
12) Elias has fallen off the map but I still regard him as a 3rd or fourth round pick.....not anymore???
13) Is Lemieux worthy of a second round pick cause I think so, but only if I have selected a Goalie in the first.
14)Rank these players in projected point totals:Allison, Sundin, Modano, Weight.
15) Palffy VS Tkachuk?
16) Is Comrie signed? If so who between Smyth and Comrie?
17) Lecavalier, St Louis, or Richards???
18) Oates vs Damphousse
19) I am really excited about Derek Morris on D along with Ozolinsh, Markov, and Neidermayer.....how do you guys feel about these 4
and the final question:
my first round draft list goes like this:
1) Forsberg 2) Sakic 3) Brodeur 4) Thornton 5) Lalime 6) Bertuzzi 7) Hejduk 8) Hasek 9) Naslund 10)Heatley 11) Turco 12)Hossa
what would you change about this if anything??

Sorry I know this is long guys but I have a ton of questions....

Thanks for all of your help!

Oh, and is Aebischer or Cujo worth the risk if I can only have 2 goalies?
1) I agree (take Thornton)
2) I agree (take Brodeur)
3) stay away from them
4) Burke may play alot (in Colorado)
5) I like Khabby
6) Prospal should remain the same or increase his totals but under Babcock maybe not.
7) Straka is worth a shot.
8) Overatted too defensive
9) Can't go wrong with either. Both should get over 70pts easily
10) It's not just you.
11) That I'm not sure but it is the Rangers so you never know
12) I agree
13) Let someone else handle Lemieux, he will retire after this year
14) Mod, Weight, Sundin and Allison (Allison and Weight might have injury probs)
15) All round game: Tkachuk, Pure raw talent: Palffy
16) Smyth is safer
17) Richards
18) Damphousse
19) I am as excited if not more
20) Thornton and Bertuzzi over Sakic and Nas, Heatley and even Hossa over hejduk.

I tried hope it helps, good luck...

Old
09-27-2003, 04:36 PM
Sirantlers

Thanks a ton......very appreciated

Closed Thread