HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

This article mentions some Flyers' players

Closed Thread

Old
06-22-2005, 08:44 AM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2618
This article mentions some Flyers' players

This article in the Boston Herald mentions some Flyers' players and their salaries.

http://bruins.bostonherald.com/bruin...format=&page=1

Old
06-22-2005, 08:49 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 840
I think he forgot the 24% rollback unless I missed that being removed.

Old
06-22-2005, 08:55 AM
Dr Love

vCash: 500
Quote:
That would leave teams like Detroit, with $50.255 million committed in contracts, Philadelphia ($44.451 million), Phoenix ($37.375 million) and Toronto ($35.614 million) little choice but to use the buyout option.
Big deal. They were going to anyway.

Quote:
Could the Flyers afford to keep talent like Jeremy Roenick ($7 million), Eric Desjardins ($4 million) or Keith Primeau ($4.5 million)?
Yes, yes, and yes. Isn't Rico a free agent? And does this guy realize that LeClair and Amonte will be the first to go?

Quote:
Wouldn't local guys Roenick or Shanahan look pretty good in B's sweaters, earning in the neighborhood of $2 million to $3 million?
In the highly unlikely event that he is bought out, I doubt JR would go to Boston, I think he'd go back to Phoenix.

Old
06-22-2005, 09:18 AM
blah

I don't think Rico will be back, Primeau makes less than 4.5 (17mil/4 years IIRC), and there's no way Roenick would play for the Bruins.

Old
06-22-2005, 09:54 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
In the highly unlikely event that he is bought out, I doubt JR would go to Boston, I think he'd go back to Phoenix.
Or maybe Chicago.

Old
06-22-2005, 11:00 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Or maybe Chicago.
JR has very little reason to go back to Chicago, unless the Wirtz sell the team.

Phoenix would be choice #1 I think in major part because he lives there.

Old
06-22-2005, 11:09 AM
GoneFullHextall
RIP Andy B.

vCash: 50
The Boston Herald sucks. The only writers worth anything in the Boston Papers are the writers for the Boston Globe.
Leclair,TA, and Rico are gone before JR leaves IMO.

Old
06-22-2005, 04:39 PM
IronMarshal

Quote:
Yes, yes, and yes. Isn't Rico a free agent? And does this guy realize that LeClair and Amonte will be the first to go?
Doesn't the writer realize the Bruin's are owned and managed by cheapskates and idiots?

Old
06-22-2005, 04:43 PM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMarshal
Doesn't the writer realize the Bruin's are owned and managed by cheapskates and idiots?
Yeah, that too. And when they are not being cheap, they are spending dumb.

It wouldn't surprize me in the least if Amonte signed there.

Old
06-24-2005, 10:13 AM
iceman42

Hummm not too long ago I remember having discussions with lots of Bruins fans who thought that their team would be bad off after a salary cap and cheap owners. Seems to me typical Boston colored glasses in the reporting here, I mean sure LeClair has to go, Amonte has to go and others will get the 24% reduction, but its not like LeClair and Amonte were lighting it up.

Old
06-24-2005, 10:53 AM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Bruins definitly have some money to work with. How much will Thornton and Raycroft cost will depend on what they do. If they can still be under 10 million after they get those guys signed then they probably will make some kind of splash. Also Bergeron will be in the lineup and Hilbert also will probably be there. Bruins could be a strong contender if they sign the right guys in free agency.

Any who back to the Flyers. Assuming Roenick, LeClair, and Amonte are all gone do we just have Carter, Richards, Sharp, ect replace them or do we go after a proven player. I would love to see Kariya in a Flyer jersey (going back to my early years when I liked the ducks because of the movies).

I also get the idea that were going to need a defenseman. Dan McGillis might provide a physical presence. Just throwing it out.

Old
06-24-2005, 10:53 AM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Love
I don't think it's highly unlikely that JR could be bought out. If we're going to go with a full out youth movement, then I'd have no qualms with buying out JR. People fail to realize that we still have big Keith, we still have Zeus, we still have Markov, we still have Jonsson, and we still have Gagne who can be leaders on this team. It wouldn't be detrimental if we bought out five or six players. I mean, it's already assumed that we're saying adios to Leclair, Amonte, and Desjardins, but I'd have no problems as well if the team said adios to Roenick, big baby ****** cakes (Brashear) and said adios to Somik and a few others. That's gotta be about 20 to 25 right off the payroll and I think we would be quite a bit under the cap that we can get some decent priced defensemen and a couple of wingers to help fill out the lines. However, I'd be more than content to have a couple of defensemen come in and give full time wing spots to Radivojevic and Umberger.

Old
06-24-2005, 10:59 AM
FlyersFan10*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
Any who back to the Flyers. Assuming Roenick, LeClair, and Amonte are all gone do we just have Carter, Richards, Sharp, ect replace them or do we go after a proven player. I would love to see Kariya in a Flyer jersey (going back to my early years when I liked the ducks because of the movies).

I also get the idea that were going to need a defenseman. Dan McGillis might provide a physical presence. Just throwing it out.
Hmmm, I don't know about Kariya coming to Philadelphia. I just don't see him meshing well in the East. However, I wouldn't mind seeing someone who actually played well in the East sign in Philadelphia. Yep, Cory Stillman is who I'm hoping the Flyers sign. Yeah, he may have been a product of the system that he played in in Tampa Bay, but he's also defensively responsible and I think he could really help generate offense from the wing and could be an ideal linemate with Gagne and Carter or you could put him on a line with Primeau and Radivojevic (I still think Kaps will call it a career). I actually like the idea of playing with Primeau and Radivojevic simply because of the fact that there would be an element of offense on that line and you have two players in Primeau and Radivojevic who could be the bangers to create space for Stillman.

Old
06-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Roger's Pancreas*

Send a message via AIM to Roger's Pancreas*
Quote:
I would love to see Kariya in a Flyer jersey (going back to my early years when I liked the ducks because of the movies).

Kariya had that massive concussion so he will be immediately prone. He's going to have to face Holik, Kasparitis, and Tucker; enough said.

I thought McGillis was a Flyer and that it didn't work out too well??

Old
06-24-2005, 11:58 AM
Dr Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
Kariya had that massive concussion so he will be immediately prone. He's going to have to face Holik, Kasparitis, and Tucker; enough said.

I thought McGillis was a Flyer and that it didn't work out too well??
Seems like Holik will be bought out. I wouldn't mind Kariya under a one or two year deal, we need depth at wing; but I don't see it happening. I think the biggest non-promotion from within move the Flyers will make will not blow anyone's socks off.

Old
06-24-2005, 12:53 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 2618
Quote:
Bruins definitly have some money to work with. How much will Thornton and Raycroft cost will depend on what they do. If they can still be under 10 million after they get those guys signed then they probably will make some kind of splash. Also Bergeron will be in the lineup and Hilbert also will probably be there. Bruins could be a strong contender if they sign the right guys in free agency.

McGillis played best with the Flyers when teamed with Luke Richardson on defense and prior to Coach Hitchcock's arrival. I seem to recall he struggled under Hitchcock's system.

Old
06-24-2005, 01:03 PM
MojoJojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles
McGillis played best with the Flyers when teamed with Luke Richardson on defense and prior to Coach Hitchcock's arrival. I seem to recall he struggled under Hitchcock's system.
He struggled with the crackdown on obstruction. He was landing in the box too much, so Hitch decided he would prefer a defenseman who could skate and kill penalties (Ragnarsson). I wonder if Dan would have stayed in Philly if the officials were calling penalties in October like they were in March.

Old
06-24-2005, 03:46 PM
FlyersProspect2

Send a message via AIM to FlyersProspect2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles

Scratch him off the list then. I'm sure someone will show up on the list of potential buy out players that is worth signing.

Old
06-24-2005, 04:45 PM
FlyersFan10*

If we go after two d-men (and I'm thinking that the winger spots are going to be filled by either the kids or moving some of the centers on the team to the wing), then I would mind seeing someone like a Mike Rathje and someone like Adrian Aucoin being brought in.

As for a forward, I'm still thinking it's going to be Stillman who will be signed. Of course, I want to see what the new CBA is going to look like first. Right now, we have nothing but speculation, and until we get the nitty gritty, we can only suspect what the new deal will look like.

Old
06-24-2005, 07:54 PM
DaveBrown21

I agree wholeheartedly the Flyers need to bring a dman or two in...but I'm not sure I agree with those who say Rico will go. If we bring in Aucoin, or Rathje, or apply some magical-cap-voodoo and land Pronger, there would be limited cap space to bring in yet another dman. That is I doubt we could sign a second dman that would be considered an upgrade to Rico. True, Desjardins is past his prime, but he's not bad by any means.

Closed Thread