Notices

Minnesota Pro Sports Thread #8

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2013, 09:48 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
That was abysmal. On the plus side, next year we should be able to draft our franchise QB.

Also, another players' coach who can't actually coach.

Old
10-22-2013, 09:57 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

The biggest issue is that they need a competent GM. And therefore a QB.

I want Spielman and his staff nowhere near that decision.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
Old
10-22-2013, 10:08 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Sucks that all three of the first rounders look pretty bad.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:11 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
They've had 6 the last three seasons. Only Harrison Smith makes a real impact. And like I said back to last season's draft, there's zero value in drafting a LT highly. And we're seeing that play out.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:12 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I just hope a different coach can salvage some of those pieces. They seemed so good on paper headed into the season.

Old
10-22-2013, 10:52 AM
Loopy0ne
tastes like burning

vCash: 680
I actually spent money to go to that game so I could see the Vikings play outside of MN

(staying in nyc area atm)

Old
10-22-2013, 11:19 AM
Sportserie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
Did I really just watch that?

Kudos for ESPN for ripping on the game though. That was funny.

Has to be one of the worst MNF games ever. Advertisers probably want there money back after that way. What a snoozefest.
It was so bad... seriously, embarrassing for both Vikings and Giants fans. I just can't even wrap my brain around how bad it truly was, even now! That's what ESPN gets though for their love affair with NY.

Quote:
I must add: This one is not on Freeman. There is no way he should have been playing. He does not give us the best chance to win, after learning the offense for 10? days, and being rusty and just gone through a trainwreck situation in TB. Ponder should have started this game. It wasn't fair to the team or especially AP for them throwing out this kid who clearly wasn't ready.Big mistake by the coaching staff.
Agreed 100%. He didn't know what he was doing and it had nothing to do with not being physically able to perform in general. He needed at least one more week to get his head together intellectually and emotionally. He was not ready and it was the wrong move in every way.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:30 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Floyd has gotten better as the year has gone on. Other two look pretty meh.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:30 AM
elnewby
We got em'!

vCash: 475
I'm hoping Pittsburgh cleans house, and we can get Tomlin back. I think he's an excellent head coach.

Thoughts on the 1st rounders. Kalil is having a sub-par season. But, we have seen the talent that is there; it doesn't help that defenses throw pressure at us all the time because they know our QP can't pass effectively.

Smith: Good pick, good player. Shame he's injured.

Shariff Floyd: Made some good plays, makes some bad plays. Our D line is aging fast and aren't nearly effective as they have been in the past. I think he can be a good player, just needs some time. Will be interesting to see how they replace Williams and Allen.

Patterson: I've seen a lot of talent here. Been effective in the return game for sure. I believe he is clearly underutilized by Musgrave, and I think with some better coaching/play calling, this kid could be a good player for us down the road.

Rhodes: Pretty meh so far. THe Giants were going after him last night. Made some decent plays. Our whole secondary minus Smith is beyond horrible, so it's hard to gauge him. I see talent. He won't ever been an elite corner, but he can surely be better than anything we have.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:36 AM
forthewild

Kalil was a pro bowler last year, he's a solid tackle who's having a down year, most of our team is having a down year and i'm thinking it might be more to do with the staff than the players.

I think Frazer is gone.

Old
10-22-2013, 11:38 AM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnewby View Post
I'm hoping Pittsburgh cleans house, and we can get Tomlin back. I think he's an excellent head coach.

Thoughts on the 1st rounders. Kalil is having a sub-par season. But, we have seen the talent that is there; it doesn't help that defenses throw pressure at us all the time because they know our QP can't pass effectively.

Smith: Good pick, good player. Shame he's injured.

Shariff Floyd: Made some good plays, makes some bad plays. Our D line is aging fast and aren't nearly effective as they have been in the past. I think he can be a good player, just needs some time. Will be interesting to see how they replace Williams and Allen.

Patterson: I've seen a lot of talent here. Been effective in the return game for sure. I believe he is clearly underutilized by Musgrave, and I think with some better coaching/play calling, this kid could be a good player for us down the road.

Rhodes: Pretty meh so far. THe Giants were going after him last night. Made some decent plays. Our whole secondary minus Smith is beyond horrible, so it's hard to gauge him. I see talent. He won't ever been an elite corner, but he can surely be better than anything we have.
Nah they won't let him leave, they will rebuild and he'll take them far again, you don't fire a good coach who has a ****** roster you fire a bad coach who can't get his roster to do ****.

Old
10-22-2013, 12:35 PM
Sportserie

I was just listening to Dubay's show on 1500 ESPN AM and I cannot believe this stat:

Freeman threw 53 times and AP ran for 13... I think I heard that right. How is that possible, WHY is that the reality?

Bill Musgrave needs to leave.

Old
10-22-2013, 02:40 PM
forthewild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post
I was just listening to Dubay's show on 1500 ESPN AM and I cannot believe this stat:

Freeman threw 53 times and AP ran for 13... I think I heard that right. How is that possible, WHY is that the reality?

Its simple, Giants stacked the box, AP can't run vs that specially with our o-line now playing poorly it compounds the problem.

Freeman needed to throw to stretch the field but he wasn't getting the job done so last night happen.

Old
10-22-2013, 02:42 PM
thestonedkoala
Everyone! PANIC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
The biggest issue is that they need a competent GM. And therefore a QB.
They have a competent GM. Why aren't you going after Fletcher for the issues Minnesota is having on the ice? Both the Vikings and the Wild suffer from coaching problems. Not GM problems. Spielman has had two years and has remade a good chunk of the Vikings team. Problem is the coaches that were brought in are archaic. From my understanding Spielman wasn't too keen on keeping Frazier as the coach.

Quote:
I want Spielman and his staff nowhere near that decision.
He's been fine. Spielman has had to rebuild the team with limited cap space and he's done fine.

Quote:
They are fine. Defensive tackles, cornerbacks take a while. We have depth at wide receiver so Patterson isn't seeing much of the field. Khalil looked like a stud last year. The entire offensive line though has been fairly bad. Not just Khalil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
They've had 6 the last three seasons. Only Harrison Smith makes a real impact. And like I said back to last season's draft, there's zero value in drafting a LT highly. And we're seeing that play out.
Actually, there is. You really wanted Charlie Johnson to start again? You're telling me that a guy like Joe Thomas hasn't been one of the bright spots on a terrible Browns team? Khalil had a fantastic year last year. He's just having a bad sophomore season. We'll see how it plays out. But Khalil definitely made an impact. Walsh has made an impact. Ellison has made an impact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportserie View Post

I semi agree with this but Peterson wasn't getting any yards.

Old
10-22-2013, 04:01 PM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaLoN View Post
Someone already mentioned 41-0... But a but more recent... 34-0 loss at Green Bay in the Chilly era. (2007)

Quit stating rumor as fact. There was a RUMOR that the Giants had stolen the Vikings signals, but there was no evidence to launch an investigation on. The Vikes sucked that day, end of story. When you have a starting corner named Wassawa Surwanga that should have been expected anyway (the defense was horrible that year, getting to that game should never have happened in the first place but they had some luck on the way).

Avder, there's nothing more to read on it. Nothing more than a rumor based on no actual evidence other than the Giants offense was never challenged by the Vikings defense. Back in those days the defense used hand signals to call plays from the sideline, some people thought the Giants knew the Vikings signals... IMO that was never required because the Vikings defense was pretty bad that year and I was actually afraid that was going to happen before the game was even played. The Vikings were very fortunate to have gotten that far that year. They were never that great that year.
I admit it's mostly rumor, but I tend to think this rumor was credible based on things players said afterward.

Link

I believe the Eagles also accused them of the same thing that year.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:42 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Freeman has a concussion.

Unreal.

Old
10-23-2013, 12:46 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You can't make this stuff up.

Old
10-23-2013, 01:15 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomgilbertfan View Post
Freeman has a concussion.

Unreal.
Are you ****ing serious?

What is this I don't even

Old
10-23-2013, 04:19 PM
BigT2002

I don't know if I should laugh or be insulted by this organization believing the fanbase has no intelligence to realize this is just a stupid ass ploy so their QB's save face or some crap.

Old
10-23-2013, 04:48 PM
Engebretson
Dooooooooooooob!

vCash: 260
Also, Ponder is likely starting.

I know Cassel isn't the answer, but I'm not sure Ponder is the lesser of the two evils...

Old
10-23-2013, 05:05 PM
Uberdachen

Cassel at QB, Ponder at fullback, Webb at WR, flea flicker fumble frenzy until nobody knows what's what.

Old
10-23-2013, 05:06 PM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Vikings have the 2nd toughest remaining schedule in the NFC

Tampa a close 3rd. Jags have the 3rd toughest in the AFC. Gonna be a tight race to the bottom, but my money is on the Jags.

Old
10-23-2013, 08:41 PM
Kaptain
WarBortles

You guys don't know what pain is.
My team's best player is the guy in my avy. And he's our punter.

Old
10-23-2013, 09:37 PM
Avder
Global Moderator
Michael Bay Mode GO!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaptain View Post
You guys don't know what pain is.
My team's best player is the guy in my avy. And he's our punter.
Are you seriously questioning the familiarity we Minnesota sports fans have with pain?

Old
10-23-2013, 09:44 PM
Kaptain
WarBortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avder View Post
Are you seriously questioning the familiarity we Minnesota sports fans have with pain?
Your team has one win.
Mine has 0.

Closed Thread