HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

I have a question- Crosby related...

Closed Thread

Old
06-25-2005, 03:13 PM
Sens4Cup

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry
we share the same view on this.... prolly on many more thing lol, but that's my thought exactly.

I think that the odds of winning the lottery are better than this package working.
And the only teams that would trade Crosby for Theodore would be contending teams lacking a top end goalie. I'd say that list is relatively short but includes Vancouver, Ottawa, Philly(I'm not big on Esche, though Nittymaki is intriguing), Toronto(once Belfour's done), Detroit(assuming Cujo doesn't return) and that's about it. Realistically probably only Vancouver and Ottawa would look to acquire a goalie right now. So that's relatively unlikely as far as either of them winning the lottery, and Montreal would not make a huge trade with Ottawa, nor would Ottawa trade away a franchise player.

Old
07-01-2005, 01:01 PM
David Puddy

New Jersey Devils: Here's what I think I would be willing to trade for him, though I'm not sure that it would be enough.
Scott Gomez- very good playmaking center, tied for lead in assists in '03-04.
Scott Niedermayer- has 1 year left on his contract. the right team could
2005 1st Round
2006 2nd Round

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Vlady27
Crosby for Pitkanen?
Crosby for Carter?

The Flyers wouldn't do either trade...surely you jest.
You wouldn't trade Joanie Pitkanen, henceforth know as Pinky, straight up for Sidney Crosby? Pitkannen has fine offensive abilities, but they don't compare to those of Crosby. Pinky is also a whipping boy for the opponents. Someone should show the kid the tape from Game 7 of the 1999-00 ECF. Show him the consequences of skating with his head down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt
Crosby wouldn't put this team in the regional sports spotlight, but a playoff run would.
If the Coyotes did have Crosby, how great would the photos of Sidney Crosby in uniform posing with Wayne Gretzky be? I think he would quickly become a household name in the desert. People are going to go to games if Crosby performs like he is expected, lots of people.

Old
07-01-2005, 02:25 PM
Jaded-Fan

Absent a really lopsided Lindros-like offer impossible to refuse, the Pens if lucky enough to win the lottery would not trade him. They are mostly composed of very young players with supposedly high upside. They are building for a few years from now, not now, and have many potential third and forth line players in the minors, they need top end talent who will come up with the others they have now. Crosby would fit the bill perfectly and would form some core with Malkin and Fleury of players all about the same age and with some high end potential.

Old
07-01-2005, 05:44 PM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sens4Cup
And the only teams that would trade Crosby for Theodore would be contending teams lacking a top end goalie. I'd say that list is relatively short but includes Vancouver, Ottawa, Philly(I'm not big on Esche, though Nittymaki is intriguing), Toronto(once Belfour's done), Detroit(assuming Cujo doesn't return) and that's about it. Realistically probably only Vancouver and Ottawa would look to acquire a goalie right now. So that's relatively unlikely as far as either of them winning the lottery, and Montreal would not make a huge trade with Ottawa, nor would Ottawa trade away a franchise player.
just switch
theodore for any other player if you want ...
Ryder,Zednik,Ribeiro,etc...

Old
07-01-2005, 05:58 PM
Gags1288

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Puddy
New Jersey Devils: Here's what I think I would be willing to trade for him, though I'm not sure that it would be enough.
Scott Gomez- very good playmaking center, tied for lead in assists in '03-04.
Scott Niedermayer- has 1 year left on his contract. the right team could
2005 1st Round
2006 2nd Round

You wouldn't trade Joanie Pitkanen, henceforth know as Pinky, straight up for Sidney Crosby? Pitkannen has fine offensive abilities, but they don't compare to those of Crosby. Pinky is also a whipping boy for the opponents. Someone should show the kid the tape from Game 7 of the 1999-00 ECF. Show him the consequences of skating with his head down.

If the Coyotes did have Crosby, how great would the photos of Sidney Crosby in uniform posing with Wayne Gretzky be? I think he would quickly become a household name in the desert. People are going to go to games if Crosby performs like he is expected, lots of people.
There has been a bit of confusion in this thread. The first poster obviously didn't read the thread title and thought the trade was with Detroit. His response was that the Flyers wouldn't trade Pitkanen for Kronwall or Carter for Zetterberg (not sure I agree there, but it's probably not too far off). Obviously the Flyers would trade Pitkanen or Carter straight up for Crosby, but I don't think they'd trade the two of them and then throw in a 1st as well (and we dont' know where that 1st would be, could be a high pick).

As for "Joni Pitkanen", he's learned to play much more physical hockey and he's not a whipping boy for anybody. The concussions that he suffered last season where from obvious and deliberate charges which resulted in a player (Taylor) jumping and elbowing Pitkanen in the head against the boards. He doesn't skate with his head down and he's a #1 defenseman waiting to happen. He's an extremely valuable player.

P.S. I've never heard him referred to as "Pinky"...not sure where you got that one from.

Old
07-01-2005, 05:59 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

As a NYR fan I would like to see Crosby moved in a heart beat if the deal was right. Lets say a couple first rounder2 and a high end prospect or 2. NYR would be stupid to pass. 3 or 4 top prospects are well worth just one.

This is hockey one player dont make a team, its a team effort, so Crosby wont be wininng every game for who ever he is with.If the team dont click Crosby would be just nice to watch and thats it, useless other wise.

Old
07-02-2005, 01:30 AM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps
A few thoughts:

Crosby
PHI: Pitkanen, Carter, 1st rd pick
DET: Zetterberg, Kronwall, 1st rd pick
PHI is giving up too much there. A #1 D and a #1 Center, and a 1st round pick...for a player who could end up being anywhere between a top six to franchise winger....doesnt make sense to give up so much just to empower one position. if anything, carter will make just as big of a mark in the league as crosby

the detorit pick...meh, its alright

Old
07-02-2005, 01:32 AM
Mat

Send a message via AIM to Mat Send a message via MSN to Mat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip J. Fry
for Crosby?
3 first round picks
Jose Theodore
1 of (Kostitsyn, Chipchura, Komisarek, Perezhogin, Higgins)
1 of (Plekanec, Hainsey, Hossa)
montreal would be insane to trade all of that for just crosby...a player whos never played in the NHL and if anything, is undersized

Old
07-02-2005, 01:33 AM
Anksun

Send a message via ICQ to Anksun
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetterberg40
wings dont got a replacement for kronwall, lack his type of dman in this organization of his potential. We havent had a first rounder since him, zetterberg is already showing signs of being a 70 pt player and kronwall was AHL Dman of the year, this summer he was one of the best swed defensemen for them, and he got 5 pts in 20 gms or so for us playing limited time last season before he was hurt, he was already considered almost the 4th dman as a 20 gm rookie, the kid isnt going anywhere... Id much rather keep kronny and zetterberg, proven players, and take a risk of getting a stellar player or a gem of the first round then get crosby... if anything id trade datsyuk, but even then i dont want him for that price.....
I'm no Detroit fan but if this offer would be enough, i'd be quite happy getting Crosby for those 3 assets from Detroit pov. I might be buying into the hype but that's only because i've seen him enough play. Zetterberg, Kronwall and Detroit 1st (which is a high 20's one probably) isnt enough to even think twice before sending them away. I should said i would also keep Datsyuk on my team before Zetterberg pretty easily, but that's might be just me?

Old
07-02-2005, 02:13 AM
norrisnick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anksun
I'm no Detroit fan but if this offer would be enough, i'd be quite happy getting Crosby for those 3 assets from Detroit pov. I might be buying into the hype but that's only because i've seen him enough play. Zetterberg, Kronwall and Detroit 1st (which is a high 20's one probably) isnt enough to even think twice before sending them away. I should said i would also keep Datsyuk on my team before Zetterberg pretty easily, but that's might be just me?
Zetterberg is our future franchise player up front and Kronwall is our future franchise player on the blueline. No way I give them plus a pick up for Crosby. Crosby is only one player.

If I had to give up one of Zetterberg or Datsyuk I'd keep Henrik without a second thought. Both are loved by the Red Wing fanbase but I'd wager most of them would agree with me. Pavel is flashier and has gotten more notice outside of Detroit, but Zetterberg is the more complete, more valuable player.

Old
07-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Jeffrey

Send a message via MSN to Jeffrey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
montreal would be insane to trade all of that for just crosby...a player whos never played in the NHL and if anything, is undersized
I'm a habs fan and trust me .. I would be ready to give even more to get sid the kid !!

Old
07-02-2005, 05:47 AM
stocktrader

If I was Washington I would trade Ovechkin and Fehr for Crosby.

Old
07-02-2005, 06:06 AM
12# Peter Bondra

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktrader
If I was Washington I would trade Ovechkin and Fehr for Crosby.
The only problems is, WSH wont do that trade.

Old
07-02-2005, 09:41 AM
HABFAN28

Habs trade for Crosby

5 First round choice (in the next 10 years... to the choice of the team)
Saku Koivu or Jose Theodore
Cash????

That could be interesting as if the habs don't make the playoff one year the first round choice could be very good.

Old
07-02-2005, 02:21 PM
baldrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat
Not to worry Bob Gainey isn't insane,but Mr. Fry ?

Old
07-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Charge_Seven

From the Leafs I'd be willing to part with: (Keep in mind, I'm not saying it would work, nor do I believe it would)

2 1st rounders (2005, and 2006)
Alexander Steen
and as much cash as transferable under the new CBA (10, 15, 20 million, it's no skin off the teams back, seeing as we "can't use money" to get better.

Heck, even better, Pittsburgh wins the lottery, and Toronto (in a CBA which allows money of any ammount to be traded) offers them $35,000,000 for the pick. Essentially paying their salary for one season. It'd be worth it, I mean, sure the Leafs would only earn about $15,000,000 in the end that season after spending so much for Crosby, but it could pay off.

Old
07-02-2005, 03:11 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStack
From the Leafs I'd be willing to part with: (Keep in mind, I'm not saying it would work, nor do I believe it would)

2 1st rounders (2005, and 2006)
Alexander Steen
and as much cash as transferable under the new CBA (10, 15, 20 million, it's no skin off the teams back, seeing as we "can't use money" to get better.

Heck, even better, Pittsburgh wins the lottery, and Toronto (in a CBA which allows money of any ammount to be traded) offers them $35,000,000 for the pick. Essentially paying their salary for one season. It'd be worth it, I mean, sure the Leafs would only earn about $15,000,000 in the end that season after spending so much for Crosby, but it could pay off.

Pittsburgh does not need your money. They have a $100 million pair of Boots coming.

Old
07-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Path Of The Beserker
Greasy Swede

If i am boston and got the pick it would be gone to the highest bidder. prefer chicago or florida or though

Closed Thread