Old
08-03-2013, 08:03 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

vCash: 500
Prospect Poll #18

Wagner takes 17th by a toenail.

Updated rankings here.

Last edited by Spicy Porkins: 08-03-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Spicy Porkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Paul4587

I'm thinking one of Whitney, Sarault, Laganiere, Thompson or Friberg but I haven't seen enough of any of them to make a decent judgement.

Paul4587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2013, 08:40 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Kind of a tough decision at this point. Went with Warg since he's arguably looked the best in a pro league from among the remaining options.

Old
08-03-2013, 10:51 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul4587 View Post
I'm thinking one of Whitney, Sarault, Laganiere, Thompson or Friberg but I haven't seen enough of any of them to make a decent judgement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damn Skippy View Post
Kind of a tough decision at this point. Went with Warg since he's arguably looked the best in a pro league from among the remaining options.
I don't think Whitney should be this high because of his size and impending transition to the pro game. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him get ECHL time this year if he doesn't win a top 9 role with Norfolk (remember, we're stacked with quality forward prospects). I see Thompson and Laganiere being in the same rating area, with Whitney, Sarault and Friberg falling slightly below. Warg is more of a question mark for me because I like his stats and he's a little older, so he may be able to make an easier transition to the North American game. I see him as a Vatanen type dman in the works. He'll be interesting to watch this season.

duxfan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 12:19 AM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
Originally Posted by duxfan8 View Post
I don't think Whitney should be this high because of his size and impending transition to the pro game. I wouldn't even be surprised to see him get ECHL time this year if he doesn't win a top 9 role with Norfolk (remember, we're stacked with quality forward prospects). I see Thompson and Laganiere being in the same rating area, with Whitney, Sarault and Friberg falling slightly below. Warg is more of a question mark for me because I like his stats and he's a little older, so he may be able to make an easier transition to the North American game. I see him as a Vatanen type dman in the works. He'll be interesting to watch this season.
What I remember from seeing Warg a few years back at camp is really nothing like Vatanen, though. He struck me as just a defensive type, pretty good skater and fairly willing hitter. Generally he just seemed pretty smart, but not in an amazing way.

Though it's unlikely it wouldn't blow my mind if a few years in the SEL turned him into a solid depth NHLer.

Old
08-04-2013, 01:30 AM
duxfan8

Quote:
What I remember from seeing Warg a few years back at camp is really nothing like Vatanen, though. He struck me as just a defensive type, pretty good skater and fairly willing hitter. Generally he just seemed pretty smart, but not in an amazing way.

Though it's unlikely it wouldn't blow my mind if a few years in the SEL turned him into a solid depth NHLer.
ah, interesting. Thought he was more offensive minded. Hopefully he pans out to be an NHLer

Old
08-04-2013, 02:06 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
While I wouldn't go with Whitney here, he didn't look like he was struggling with the transition during his brief stint with Ads.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 02:08 AM
Exit Dose

Some things worth noting: Thompson won silver with the national team, and Besse won Mr. Hockey.

Exit Dose is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 03:21 AM
Professor John Frink

Send a message via ICQ to Professor John Frink
Quote:
Warg plays nothing like Vatanen. Tough stay at home dman.

Professor John Frink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Paul4587

Quote:
ah, interesting. Thought he was more offensive minded. Hopefully he pans out to be an NHLer
You might be thinking of Tim Heed - he's a Swedish offensive minded guy. I think we cut ties with him this offseason - he's produced well in the Swedish second league but hasn't done much in the SEL.

Old
08-04-2013, 04:20 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 50
Not sure if we are underrating Thompson and Friberg, or do we actually have this deep prospect pool?

And I went with Laganiere.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 01:13 PM
DuckJet
Poster of the Year

vCash: 69
Laganiere, then Thompson, then it's tough between Sarault and Friberg.

DuckJet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2013, 01:35 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
You might be thinking of Tim Heed - he's a Swedish offensive minded guy. I think we cut ties with him this offseason - he's produced well in the Swedish second league but hasn't done much in the SEL.
Yeah, probably who I was thinking of. Smaller offensive dman. Warg did have 19 points in 52 game last season and was a plus 21. And he's pretty big at 6'3"/220 lbs. If he can skate, it sounds like he could be a decent two way dman, no?

Old
08-04-2013, 01:45 PM
duxfan8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
While I wouldn't go with Whitney here, he didn't look like he was struggling with the transition during his brief stint with Ads.
I agree. I actually got to see him play in Providence at the end of the season. He didn't look bad at all. If he scores, he should be a safe bet for the Ads. If he struggles, I could see ECHL time. Then again, we don't even have an ECHL team yet, so I guess it's a safe bet he'll be in Norfolk anyways haha.

Found a few pictures from the game in Providence of Whitney. Here he is in the starting lineup.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20130414_150042_785.jpg‎ (944.1 KB, 4 views)

Old
08-04-2013, 01:53 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
He's actually under contract through 2015. His SHL numbers are decent, but declining. Although, his playoff numbers have remained fairly steady.

Old
08-04-2013, 08:01 PM
Paul4587

Quote:
He's actually under contract through 2015. His SHL numbers are decent, but declining. Although, his playoff numbers have remained fairly steady.
I thought I read somewhere his contract was mutually terminated by both parties. I could be wrong though.

Old
08-04-2013, 08:15 PM
Spicy Porkins
Porkins the White

Quote:
I thought I read somewhere his contract was mutually terminated by both parties. I could be wrong though.
Could be. He's still listed as Ducks property on Capgeek.