HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Whitey bulger has a Habs stanley cup ring ?

Old
08-12-2013, 10:17 AM
sandysan

vCash: 500
Whitey bulger has a Habs stanley cup ring ?

I came across this, it looks like it might have been chris nilan's that went first to his father. He's going to surrender the 800 grand in his appartment walls but he's requested, and apparently it was agreed to, to keep his stanley cup ring.

First the putin/kraft thing now this. I can see the appeal of getting a ring like that and i know some players had financial difficulties and had to sell theirs, but it seems really strange that a reputed Boston gangster would wear the CH on his finger.

http://http://www.bostonglobe.com/me...4AJ/story.html

sandysan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 10:22 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysan View Post

Fixed your link.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting. Bulger sure was a hockey fan. Hell, he drove to Vancouver about 10 days before he got arrested so that he could see the Bruins win the cup.

That's dedication.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 10:28 AM
WhiskeySeven

Oddly, I'm proud of this.

WhiskeySeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-12-2013, 10:32 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Fixed your link.

Interesting article. Thanks for posting. Bulger sure was a hockey fan. Hell, he drove to Vancouver about 10 days before he got arrested so that he could see the Bruins win the cup.

That's dedication.
thanks for fixing the link, I didnt know he went to vancouver to watch the bruins and I'm sure that wearing that ring must have made him really popular amongst Bruins fans, not that anyone would say anything about it.

It does seem strange that of all the things he is going to forfeit that he expressly wanted to keep the ring.

Old
08-12-2013, 11:28 AM
sandysan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
Fixed your link.

That's dedication.
I went back and looked at the article again and although the picture and the caption imply that its a habs ring, and based on his relationship to nilan it might seem reasonable that its a habs but there is no explicit mention that its a habs ring ( it just says stanley cup ring and the photo looks like a stock photo of nilan's hands).