HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NJD - ANA - OTT (+NYR twist)

Old
08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
The Green Unit
Lost Cosmonaut

vCash: 500
You are making no effort. buh bye.

The Green Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 08:54 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Fayne is better than Sal and Volch every day of the week. DeBoer just needs to stop playing vets. Fayne is easily a top 4. just because you havent heard much about him doesnt mean hes bad. unless you are just using NHL 13 ratings as your reference point

KaossKing is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 10:12 PM
DevilChuk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
In any case the lack of offense has crippled your teams chances. I think at least most Devils fans have figured that out but this deal does not work for Ottawa--plain and simple. It's dependent on them doing a three way deal and an RFA offer sheet both extreme rarities and even if it were all to work out it wouldn't make Ottawa a better team this coming year--maybe 5 years into the future when Stepan's coming in to his prime and Spezza will be an older player--but not for a while if at all. Why would they do that? It would make your team better and I'm sure you'd all enjoy seeing Stepan stolen from under the Rangers noses but that's only another reason why Ottawa would stick with the more legit 1st line player Spezza and not **** off another team stealing their best center who is not as good as the guy they already have.
Uhh.. every single Devils fan in this thread bar one said they wouldn't take the deal as is because it doesn't substantially improve the team going forward.. yet you say Devils fans have admitted the opposite

Also, do note that not only are all but one Devils fans against the deal but it was also not proposed by a Devils fan... so I don't think anyone really cares about seeing Stepan getting 'stolen' from anyone. If we did enjoy that.. don't you think more than one of us would have said yes? Amazing how you keep talking for all the Devils fans when WE ARE ARGUING WITH YOU about the opposite of what you're saying.

Quote:
It's not like I'm watching the Devils all the time. I'm not really a fan. I take it somewhat for granted though that the coaching staff knows what it's doing. It's been my impression that Devils fans overall seem to think they have a good coach and a great GM. Maybe I'm wrong. And Salvador was pretty damn good in the 11-12 playoffs. He's old--maybe he's just gone on the skids. But when someone gets healthy scratched for 11 straight games he ain't top 4.
Gonna keep repeating the same thing over and over until people just give in?

Anyways.. is it possible to be a good coach and a great GM but make mistakes? I mean, Tortorella was heralded by NYR nation as the best coach in the league two years ago. Now?

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 10:25 PM
Moller

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
So tell me guys, how exactly is this bad for Ottawa?

Stepan + Fayne > Spezza and Gryba

And the Sens get younger.
It should be more like Spezza > Stepan + Fayne and Gryba

Proposal is brutal. Spezzas don't come around very often.

Moller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 10:53 PM
TGWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moller View Post
It should be more like Spezza > Stepan + Fayne and Gryba

Proposal is brutal. Spezzas don't come around very often.
Agreed. Devil fans don't seem to like the trade. They have their opinions and reasons. Most fans of other teams has agreed that Spezza is the best player in this trade, and not worth giving up for what they're getting back. Not at the level he's still playing at.

TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:03 PM
DevilChuk*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWL View Post
Agreed. Devil fans don't seem to like the trade. They have their opinions and reasons. Most fans of other teams has agreed that Spezza is the best player in this trade, and not worth giving up for what they're getting back. Not at the level he's still playing at.
Spezza is by far the best player in this trade.. and as a ton of us have indicated, would be ****ing awesome to have on the Devils.

But this isn't a vacuum, we have to consider context. In context, while it's probably great value for the Devils.. it's just not something they can afford to do right now where they are at as a team. Will he make the team better next year? Probably (and it's not a surefire yes only because of the hole he'd open up on the blue-line by taking out a very dependable Fayne). Issue is down the line when we gave up a young top 6 center (Henrique) + another high pick + one of our top defensive prospects.

Just not the right timing.

DevilChuk* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-05-2013, 11:32 PM
StefanW
HFB Partner

vCash: 50
Worst. OP. Ever.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 12:58 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
So tell me guys, how exactly is this bad for Ottawa?

Stepan + Fayne > Spezza and Gryba

And the Sens get younger.
Every Sens poster knows you want to trade Spezza.

Trading Spezza is dumb. We just got a legit #1 winger. Spezza was 4th in points last full season. Sure he may get injured... That just is the way it is.

Massive 4 team trades are ridiculous. Spezza is trades here for not much. It is all based on a RFA signing that would never work because the Rags match unless it is like $7.5 million. As if they don't keep their young best forward over $$$. Rags don't really consider consequences of long term deals anyway. Rags match $50-55 million over 7 years in all likehood for Stepan.

Sens Rule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 01:02 AM
Whizar
#KeepTheSenate

only would ever makes sense if spezza wasnt resigning or he has chronic back problems. Still wouldnt help our current team because i highly doubt Stepan will out produce or equal spezza in the next few years.

Many sens posters are too emotionally attached to Phillips and spezza after Alfy left. In general its a bad idea imo but still people are being overly critical rather then analysing the trade and looking at a situation where it'd make sense. Fact is we made the playoffs without spezza (although with a worse offense then last year) meaning hes not totally immune to trade speculation if its the right deal.

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 02:17 AM
Lundsanity30

as much as I like Stepan... why would Ottawa trade Spezza just to make room for Stepan? not to mention Stepan actually has to sign any OS..

Lundsanity30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 02:25 AM
Security Guard Chang*

Quote:
I don't understand how this is bad for Ottawa.

Fayne is a legit top 4. The Sens upgrade their defense and don't miss a beat at centre.
umm what?!!!

soo horibbly bad , Spezza is an elite talent , stepan has had one good half a season worth of top line play.

Security Guard Chang* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:14 AM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Quote:
For any kind of guarantee Ottawa would have to offer sheet Stepan first. To get Stepan they're probably going over $5mil and for several years and maybe substantially over $5 mil and then you'd have to wait out the period for the Rangers to match. Generally in Rangers land it's figured Stepan is going to sign for several years somewhere in the $5 mil range. So to get him to move a team is probably going to have to overpay and to a point where the Rangers wouldn't match. Good luck with that.

Then turn around and trade Spezza?--for the package outlined by the threadstarter? I just don't know. Ottawa fans would certainly be confused. Why go to all this trouble just to try to make the New Jersey Devils a better team when you're not substantially making your own team better (and acting like a tool (or fool) for LL pissing off the Rangers management)--maybe even worse? I mean WTF! That's what I'd be thinking if I were a Senators fan.
Actually, that's not possible. OTT would have to own the pick(s) before they are allowed to make the offer sheet.

Johnny Caravella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 03:16 AM
Benjamin
Do A Proper Buildpls

Just simplify this and make it Spezza + Gryba for Stepan + Del Zotto.

Not that I would do that deal though.

Benjamin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 08:34 PM
Thee GM

So Anaheim gets Henrique and Severson for a 1st they acquired and William Karlsson, who is a fringe prospect.

Thee GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-28-2013, 08:37 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee GM View Post
So Anaheim gets Henrique and Severson for a 1st they acquired and William Karlsson, who is a fringe prospect.
Uh... a fringe prospect?

08-28-2013, 09:03 PM
Gliff
Salty

vCash: 1075
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Uh... a fringe prospect?
Anaheim prospect.

Gliff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 10:38 AM
One M0RE YEAR

This OP made me laugh pretty good. thanks mandy

One M0RE YEAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:42 AM
end2endrush

the rangers would match anything thats not overpayment for stepan. either way you will look stupid. offer sheets are dumb.

end2endrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:49 AM
MrG
Lord and Saviour

I'll keep Spezza.

The only thing I support about this proposal is the acquisition of another Karlsson to go along with Erik and Ludwig.

All your Karlssons are belong to us.

MrG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:54 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Spezza is great, but if I'm trading henrique and severson in the same deal, I'd like to get someone younger in than him. Henrique is the best young forward we have and severson has top pairing potential

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:59 AM
WhiteLight*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes 81 View Post
Spezza is great, but if I'm trading henrique and severson in the same deal, I'd like to get someone younger in than him. Henrique is the best young forward we have and severson has top pairing potential
Well....

Well I guess it's POSSIBLE. But unlikely, to say the least.

OK fine, you wouldn't do it. But, Henrique and Severson isn't that much to pay for a player of Spezza's caliber.

WhiteLight* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 11:59 AM
Canadian Canuck
Virtanen!

vCash: 100
That is TERRIBLE and HORRIBLE!

Even if Ny doesn't Match, 6.5 for Stepan would be the worst contract in the league

Canadian Canuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:08 PM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
The Rangers have ways of making it fit. They would match instantly. Does Lou really want to **** off a big market team?
You do realize that MSG and the Prudential Center are 7 miles apart right? We play in the same market... also our owners just completed the third largest franchise sale in NHL history... Lou would leave a flaming bag of crap on Dolan and Sather's doorsteps if it helps us.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:08 PM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanucks1 View Post
That is TERRIBLE and HORRIBLE!

Even if Ny doesn't Match, 6.5 for Stepan would be the worst contract in the league
Many people will find out this season why Clarkson has the worst contract in the league.

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-29-2013, 12:20 PM
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!

vCash: 526
Ottawa gets hosed, and this isn't even close.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote