HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

San Francisco / Bay Area adult hockey

Old
08-07-2013, 03:43 PM
doak

vCash: 500
San Francisco / Bay Area adult hockey

Hey guys, anyone in the SF area know how to get on a team? I'm relocating to SF later this year.

I've heard there's a league right in SF (Yerba Buena), then ones in Redwood City and Belmont - but haven't really been able to get in touch with anyone at any of these.

Thanks!

doak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 06:18 PM
Kesselology
License to Phil

my first piece of advice would be to go to the Logitech Center, its a really big facility and arguably the nicest rink in California

Kesselology is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 08:12 PM
mbeam

Here's the info for Yerba Buena: http://www.skatebowl.com/Ice_Center/Hockey/HOCKEY.htm

They have some drop in as well as a league. Perhaps call and ask an employee about how to get into the adult league (SFAHL?). If your schedule permits, try to get out to a drop in and ask the guys there.

I've already looked into this because I hope to be relocating to SF later this year as well, though it's not a sure thing yet. Maybe I'll see you on the ice!

mbeam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 12:36 AM
DJnet65

That's your best bet to begin with. Start showing up to pick-up games and meet people who play there.

I don't play at Yerba Buena very often, because I don't live in the city and it's a hassle driving in and out of SF.

DJnet65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:01 PM
Drrocket9

Pacific Hockey Assn runs out of San Mateo and Vallco, and i think was looking into ice time at the Cow Palace where the Bulls play. www.playpha.com

Belmonts league is on Wednesday and Thursdays and is a 4 on 4 league

http://4on4hockey.belmonticeland.com...ague/Home.html

I wouldnt recommend going over to Oakland to the Ice Center. The leagues are ok, but the rink and location are crap.

Sharks Ice in San Jose is 50 miles from SF, has 4 sheets of ice and a ton of divisions. long way from San Francisco

good luck

Drrocket9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 11:04 AM
deems

Yerba Buena is SF's local league but it does suck to find parking there. San Jose's Sharks Ice has the best facility and a great league, both better than anything I've encountered in Toronto, very surprisingly. Next best to SF would be Sharks Ice at Oakland. You can get onto a free agents list but I would recommend to contact the league head and ask to be placed on a team. They seem to be making enough money and many people willing to spend just float around on the FA list.

deems is offline   Reply With Quote