HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joakim Andersson re-signs for 2 years, $732,500 AAV

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-06-2013, 04:44 PM
  #26
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,738
vCash: 500
Excellent deal.
I was expecting a shade over 1mil per, should be a steal at 732K.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:01 PM
  #27
DatsDeking
Don' trade me bro
 
DatsDeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NOT Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Hopefully this signing means Tatar and Nyquist will be signed soon.

DatsDeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:05 PM
  #28
Wingsfan2965*
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 6,610
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatsDeking View Post
Hopefully this signing means Tatar and Nyquist will be signed soon.
Tatar's contract doesn't expire until next year.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:32 PM
  #29
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
Nyquist Explosion!
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 18,986
vCash: 500
Great deal, the fact he only makes $7500 dollars more than Lashoff is incredible.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:44 PM
  #30
mindfly
KEN HOLLAND OUT
 
mindfly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: Sweden
Posts: 8,819
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoupNazi View Post
Not really.
Yes, really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fiend View Post
Have you been reading your own posts?

Edit: I jest for sport, of course.
Useless player that's no good at anything, can be replaced by any GR player basically. Sucks at draws too, which should be his bread and butter.

He's only in the lineup because of 6'2" and cares only about the D-zone whilst creating nothing in the O-zone. (which makes him a "safe" player in Babcocks eyes)

mindfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 05:46 PM
  #31
we like our team
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,054
vCash: 500
nice

we like our team is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:00 PM
  #32
Jurky
Put me on the PP FFS
 
Jurky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,738
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Yes, really.



Useless player that's no good at anything, can be replaced by any GR player basically. Sucks at draws too, which should be his bread and butter.

He's only in the lineup because of 6'2" and cares only about the D-zone whilst creating nothing in the O-zone. (which makes him a "safe" player in Babcocks eyes)
I know it was a small sample size but Andersson had a 55.9 FO% in the playoffs, best on the team while being 2nd only to Datsyuk in # of faceoffs taken. He was sub-par in this regard during the regular season (46.4FO%) but he took it to a new level in the playoffs, who's to say that it won't continue into next season.

Jurky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:30 PM
  #33
Henkka
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Finland
Posts: 9,105
vCash: 500
Oh boy, what a great caphit.

Henkka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 06:52 PM
  #34
MBauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MI
Country: United States
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfly View Post
Yes, really.



Useless player that's no good at anything, can be replaced by any GR player basically. Sucks at draws too, which should be his bread and butter.

He's only in the lineup because of 6'2" and cares only about the D-zone whilst creating nothing in the O-zone. (which makes him a "safe" player in Babcocks eyes)
Funny that he can be replaced by and GR player, yet he was the best center GR had when he played there, what center from GR is better?Jarnkrok might be better next year but he is still weak and needs to adjust to North American style.


Seems like you're expecting a lot from our freaking 4th line center.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 07:22 PM
  #35
Hammettf2b
Big Bike MD
 
Hammettf2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 221
With speculation that Anderson will center Nyquist and Tatar, where does that leave Helm (if healthy of course). I wouldnt like having Helm as our 4th line center, hes too good for a role like that IMHO. and the line of Gus - Anderson - Tatar is too good for the 4th line as well.

Hammettf2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 07:43 PM
  #36
MBauer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: MI
Country: United States
Posts: 759
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
With speculation that Anderson will center Nyquist and Tatar, where does that leave Helm (if healthy of course). I wouldnt like having Helm as our 4th line center, hes too good for a role like that IMHO. and the line of Gus - Anderson - Tatar is too good for the 4th line as well.
I'm, guessing both lines would see similar ice time at even strength, Tatar and Nyquist will probably get 2nd powerplay unit time, Helm will play a lot pk minutes if healthy.

To me it doesn't matter how many points Helm puts up, a lot of people have been wanting to see him breakout offensively but I just don't think it will happen, he is what he is imo and he is good at what he does.

MBauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 07:47 PM
  #37
Hammettf2b
Big Bike MD
 
Hammettf2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: So California
Country: United States
Posts: 1,800
vCash: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by MBauer View Post
I'm, guessing both lines would see similar ice time at even strength, Tatar and Nyquist will probably get 2nd powerplay unit time, Helm will play a lot pk minutes if healthy.

To me it doesn't matter how many points Helm puts up, a lot of people have been wanting to see him breakout offensively but I just don't think it will happen, he is what he is imo and he is good at what he does.
Agreed, if both lines get similar minutes I'm all for it.

Hammettf2b is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 07:48 PM
  #38
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
As I predicted - no leverage, short term, low dollar and cap value.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=50

Quote:
Andersson: 3x$800k
Nyquist: 2x$975k
Smith: 3x$1.1m

Kindl: 3x$2.25m
I was very close on all of these, within $68k on Andersson, within $175k on Kindl, and within $163k on Smith. Not too shabby.

Nyquist won't get more than I predicted either. I might have been $100k over on him, actually.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:05 PM
  #39
Heaton
#disapointment
 
Heaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Rochester, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 17,134
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post
As I predicted - no leverage, short term, low dollar and cap value.

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...7&postcount=50



I was very close on all of these, within $68k on Andersson, within $175k on Kindl, and within $163k on Smith. Not too shabby.

Nyquist won't get more than I predicted either. I might have been $100k over on him, actually.
There's a thinly veiled brag, then there's this.

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:11 PM
  #40
Harnessed in Slums
Registered User
 
Harnessed in Slums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the Garage
Posts: 9,467
vCash: 500
Nice signing, I really like what I saw this year. He's still got some room to grow IMO. It's great to start getting some of those types of guys into the lineup.

Harnessed in Slums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:16 PM
  #41
Frk It
#FireHolland
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 10,632
vCash: 500
Pretty decent signing for a serviceable depth guy.

The #1 thing that I like about Andersson is that he's smart, and makes good decisions and good reads on the play.

That being said I'm glad it's just a 2 year deal, since I think several of our prospects will leap-frog him for a bottom 6 spot in 2 years.

Frk It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:17 PM
  #42
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
There's a thinly veiled brag, then there's this.


I seem to recall I took a lot of **** in that and other threads for lowballing the RFAs.

Or at least, I had a very difficult time trying to talk sense into people who wanted to needlessly throw way too much money at the RFAs when they had no leverage.

It was one of those two scenarios, I'm sure of it...

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 08:40 PM
  #43
Crymson
Fire Holland
 
Crymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,562
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
With speculation that Anderson will center Nyquist and Tatar, where does that leave Helm (if healthy of course). I wouldnt like having Helm as our 4th line center, hes too good for a role like that IMHO. and the line of Gus - Anderson - Tatar is too good for the 4th line as well.
A line of Eaves, Miller, and Helm would see as much time as one of Tatar, Andersson, and Nyquist. Those two lines would give the team brilliant depth; each player is capable of 10+ goals.

Crymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:08 PM
  #44
joe89
#5
 
joe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Country: Sweden
Posts: 17,353
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcastro View Post


I seem to recall I took a lot of **** in that and other threads for lowballing the RFAs.

Or at least, I had a very difficult time trying to talk sense into people who wanted to needlessly throw way too much money at the RFAs when they had no leverage.

It was one of those two scenarios, I'm sure of it...
Not sure about **** but I was one who could've seen a longer deal with a heftier cap hit for Smith, with the idea of giving up a little now and gaining a lot later. On the other hand, this was before free agency. Now there's just no other way to go than the cheap, short, bridge deal. I fully expect them to go as low as possible with Nyquist too to squeeze under the cap.

There's nothing wrong with bridge deals, it's the safe route to go. But there are rarely any bargains to be had. Look up what people had to say about Kronwall's five year deal after roughly 70 NHL games. We all know how good that deal ended up being. That's the type of bargains you won't get if you give two-year deals. In the end it's a matter of philosophy(taking risk for reward) just as much as right or wrong.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:37 PM
  #45
Flowah
Registered User
 
Flowah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammettf2b View Post
With speculation that Anderson will center Nyquist and Tatar, where does that leave Helm (if healthy of course). I wouldnt like having Helm as our 4th line center, hes too good for a role like that IMHO. and the line of Gus - Anderson - Tatar is too good for the 4th line as well.
I don't mind if Helm is on line 4. He will get significant PK time. I like Helm, but unless he shows greater chemistry with Tatar/Nyquist than Andersson did in GR, I don't want to ruin a good thing just to give a favorite player more IT.

Flowah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 09:49 PM
  #46
Vladdy84
L-O-Y-A-L-T-Y
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 8,345
vCash: 500
Good deal. I'm still not sold on Joakim. As of right now, he's nothing but a mediocre 4th line center with slow feet that plays a defensively responsible game yet lacks physicality. This deal works for both sides. He'll either improve and earn a 2nd contract or flatline and be passed by more talented prospects coming up. I found it kind of silly when some were saying he would get 1.2M+ or something like that. Haven't read the rest of the posts yet. But I'm assuming Nyquist will come in anywhere from 1-2 - 1.75M depending on term. Maybe less.

Vladdy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 10:37 PM
  #47
opivy
Sauce King
 
opivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Billings, MT
Country: United States
Posts: 467
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heaton View Post
There's a thinly veiled brag, then there's this.
I'd brag if I was that close honestly.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 10:51 PM
  #48
sarcastro
Registered User
 
sarcastro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 12,277
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
I'd brag if I was that close honestly.


Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Not sure about **** but I was one who could've seen a longer deal with a heftier cap hit for Smith, with the idea of giving up a little now and gaining a lot later. On the other hand, this was before free agency. Now there's just no other way to go than the cheap, short, bridge deal. I fully expect them to go as low as possible with Nyquist too to squeeze under the cap.

There's nothing wrong with bridge deals, it's the safe route to go. But there are rarely any bargains to be had. Look up what people had to say about Kronwall's five year deal after roughly 70 NHL games. We all know how good that deal ended up being. That's the type of bargains you won't get if you give two-year deals. In the end it's a matter of philosophy(taking risk for reward) just as much as right or wrong.
Kronwall's deal was quite a bit different, though. He had shown that he had elite talent and that it translated at the NHL level to at least a solid player with offensive upside. He also had a great showing in his couple of games at the Olympics. The only question was whether he could stay healthy.

Smith hasn't shown he can produce offensively at the NHL level and more importantly, hasn't shown he can consistently play defense without embarrassing himself. That's a pretty big gap. I wouldn't have wanted a Kronwall-type deal for Smith because he hasn't earned that roll of the dice yet.

Besides, with all the defense prospects they have right now they won't have to pay Smith big bucks when he's up for RFA again after this deal is over. If he breaks out and warrants a big contract, they can either move him for help up front or they can wait for someone to offer sheet him and rake in a bunch of picks.

Frankly, Smith was lucky to get as much dough as he got on a bridge deal. He got about $400k a year more than they technically had to give him. Abdelkader, Helm, and Kindl all got reasonably cheap longer term deals rather than bridge deals. Management obviously didn't think they'd seen enough from Smith or Andersson yet to make that investment - either that, or those guys wanted to gamble that they would boost their stock and get a bigger payday when their bridge deal is over. We don't know which side wanted what kind of terms on these deals.

sarcastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-06-2013, 10:53 PM
  #49
crashman
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,279
vCash: 500
I was happy when I saw that he signed, but that $ amount is great. You can't really ask for a more solid 4th line center.

crashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 01:14 AM
  #50
DatsDeking
Don' trade me bro
 
DatsDeking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: NOT Hockeytown
Country: United States
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Tatar's contract doesn't expire until next year.
I'd like to see him play for Detroit this year though.

DatsDeking is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:56 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.