To Charlottetown : 8th 2015

WildcatMapleLeafs28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Cedream

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
Logan Cooke didn't look as bad in person as he does on paper. The defence were pretty disorganized. He made a couple of keys saves early on and has good reflexes. Very fast moving. He really needs to work on rebounds though and the Wildcats were shooting high blocker side which came across suspect. I find it really hard to gauge goaltenders , especially in high scoring pre-season games. And that's based solely on tonight's game.

Duncan McKie is very solid. Physical , stay at home defenceman that plays a simple but effective game. He blocked a lot of shots and threw a lot of hits. His skating is decent and hockey sense is good. Cleared the front of the net well and doesn't shy away from anyone. IMO , he definitely is a lock.

Daniel Sprong had a good game. Uses his speed well to skate around the outside. He's a perimeter player with good vision. He made several nice passes and picked up an assist on Allard's goal. He needs to be better without the puck and help out more defensively. I also think it'll take him a half dozen regular season games to adjust to the speed. He's making a bit of a jump in leagues. Overall he was solid and will be an elite playmaker in this league. You guys were lucky to get him as late as you did.

Marco Sedlar looked okay. I didn't notice him a lot early but he came around as the game went on. Strong skater but looked lost at times. There's always going to be that adjustment period. He didn't do well in the faceoff circle. He has good vision and was passing the puck off a lot. I'm not sure what to think and am certainly going to keep on eye on him.

Malik Johnson was a beast tonight. One of the best players for the Islanders tonight. Looked very sturdy and was strong on the puck. Moncton defenders had a hard time containing him. Drove to the net and got in close and dangerous. Generated quite a few good scoring chances and potted a couple on the scoreboard. He was also reliable defensive and made smart decisions with and without the puck. If I had to pick a team tomorrow for Charlottetown , he'd be on it.

Another player I did take notice of and liked was Bradley Kennedy. Smooth skater and very smart. Had a few good scoring chances but couldn't buy a goal to save his life. He was solid defensively as well , usually the first on his line to jump back and help the D. Looks like he could balk up and could be more engaged at times. Looks like he's going to be a solid player in this league.

100% true.

Cedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 03:58 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Did Beau Rusk have a chance of making it ? Or making it on Rimouskis team ?

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 08:05 PM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveNoCreativity View Post
Did Beau Rusk have a chance of making it ? Or making it on Rimouskis team ?
Rusk will be on the roster

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 09:23 PM
Q7scout

I think Kameron Kielly will do well back home on the island. He was buried in Gat. and Sonier made a great move, .... future will be bright for both Kam and Islanders. Offensive player with good size and skating.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-19-2013, 11:39 PM
IHaveNoCreativity
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
Rusk will be on the roster
In Rimouski ?

Are you sure ?

He's in one of my classes lol.

Sounds like he's playing AAA.

IHaveNoCreativity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-15-2013, 10:57 AM
ccgg

2 games - 2 wins. Goulet and Sprong are two very good rookies. Bursey and Ottereyes are great leaders. McCallum is a nice surprise and Bibeau continue to prove that he is one of the best (if not the best) goalie in the Q. Laplante is back for the next game.

ccgg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-22-2013, 06:24 PM
Duffy13
‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻

4-0 after todays marathon shootout win... easier to build a new brand, look and feel, with a great start... The games have been fun so far... hopefully they'll be competitive through out the year. I know I'll be out a lot more than in the past as my boy is more interested in going now... he's 6 so he's just in the getting ineterested in sports teams kind of phase lol

Duffy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-10-2013, 10:41 PM
ccgg

Jack Nevins is now the captain. Not surprising.

Old
10-11-2013, 09:08 AM
Hockey Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccgg View Post
Jack Nevins is now the captain. Not surprising.
Jack Nevins has the pedal to the floor every shift. Fun to watch. He deserves the C.

Hockey Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-12-2013, 04:33 PM
Q7scout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Buff View Post
Jack Nevins has the pedal to the floor every shift. Fun to watch. He deserves the C.
Great call by Gordie, watched them four times so far this season and Coach Dwyer has them going hard. You can tell by the team's play that they love playing for him.....great job Gordie, keep it going.

Q7scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 06:49 PM
Roz

Jeez, you guys are just being mean to Val d'Or right now! 3 goals in 90 seconds to start the 3rd.

Roz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-17-2013, 11:19 PM
hab 4ever

How is Pépin doing? I expected him to score 25-30 goals this year...

hab 4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2013, 04:23 PM
ccgg

In the first 8 games, it was really tough. He tried to do too much. Sometimes the results were bad penalties. Then he became better in the last games. I think that he lost few pounds. And yeah, I think we all expect around 25-30 goals this season.

Old
10-21-2013, 02:55 PM
nolongeramember

biggest surprise team in the Q this year by far! Pepins looking better after his first goal, Vance and Graves are a great D Pair And Bibeau and Brassard are arguably the best tandem in the league, So glad i got season tickets this year!! other huge standout is Daniel Sprong Best rookie in the league

nolongeramember is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2013, 08:14 PM
Cedream

Not surprised at all by the way sprong play this year. Saw im play a couple of time in the past year, still cAnt believe he slide to #13 in the draft. you guys got a steal with him! Tho i can understand why team could have past on him

Cedream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-31-2013, 03:23 PM
welcometothebigshow2

Although they're starting to cool off a bit, what a start by this rebranded team. They're playing very exciting hockey being lead by Bibeau/Brassard, and newly appointed captain Jack Nevins. Big applaud to Dwyer, Birt, and Sonier for a job well done thus far.

welcometothebigshow2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-03-2013, 10:52 PM
Mathletic

What's your take so far on Goulet? Think he could be a riser in an average 2014 draft class?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-04-2013, 12:27 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathletic View Post
What's your take so far on Goulet? Think he could be a riser in an average 2014 draft class?
He looked great yesterday in Moncton. He's got speed , good hands and hockey sense. He didn't look like a rookie out there. Kudos to Charlottetown with the 2013 QMJHL draft. It's still early but I think they hit a homerun with Goulet and snagging Sprong with later first rounder..

Old
11-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Mathletic

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildcatMapleLeafs28 View Post
He looked great yesterday in Moncton. He's got speed , good hands and hockey sense. He didn't look like a rookie out there. Kudos to Charlottetown with the 2013 QMJHL draft. It's still early but I think they hit a homerun with Goulet and snagging Sprong with later first rounder..
Thanks for the comments.

Did Goulet play regularly at 5-5 or are they giving him sheltered minutes? Is he getting PP minutes?

Mathletic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 09:37 AM
nolman29

Quote:
Thanks for the comments.

Did Goulet play regularly at 5-5 or are they giving him sheltered minutes? Is he getting PP minutes?
He's playing 5V5 and will get some power play time. As of late, its been Nevins-Goulet-Pepin on second line

nolman29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-05-2013, 12:01 PM
WildcatMapleLeafs28

Quote:
Thanks for the comments.

Played regularly and really impressed me. He was one of their better players and I believe he did see some PP time as well.

Old
11-05-2013, 12:09 PM
Raimu

Its early, but I think Charlettown had the best draft of any team this season. Sprong and Goulet at 13 and 19, can't go wrong.

Raimu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-27-2013, 10:00 AM
ccgg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raimu View Post
Its early, but I think Charlettown had the best draft of any team this season. Sprong and Goulet at 13 and 19, can't go wrong.
Goulet is so smart and mature, he always does the good little things.

Old
12-14-2013, 12:35 PM
Mike Jones

I see that Antoine Bibeau only played 45 seconds in last night's game (Link below) - was he injured or was he filling in for the starter?

Just curious.

Link to the game scoresheet: http://www.theqmjhl.ca/schedule/show/game/64971

Mike Jones is online now   Reply With Quote