HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Rohlfs first impressions

Closed Thread

Old
09-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Funkymoses

vCash: 500
Rohlfs first impressions

Okay, went to the annual Blue-White intrasquad game for Michigan and spent much of the game focusing on Rohlfs for your edification. My first impressions:

He's certainly as big as I expected. Very tall, legit 6'3", and with some bulk. He got an assist by rifling a shot off the post which fell to one of his linemates, who buried it. I would describe his skating style as "deliberate". Not exactly Todd Marchant out there but the thing is, he seemed to be in the right place a lot. He got his assist by taking a great pass in stride right at the blue line and got in on a partial break. Generally showed some good offensive instincts. Parked himself in front of the goal a few times and caused some problems. His team scored a goal from the confusion he was causing. Bad things: looks like he needs to be better conditioned. Defense might need some work.

The game was not particularly physical so I didn't get to see that aspect of his game but my overall impression of him was positive.

And I tell you this now for your 2004 draft pleasure: TJ Hensick is for real. He's tiny but money, money, money.

And since it's apparently board policy that every post must talk about Mike Comrie: The coaches for the white team during the scrimmage were Blake Sloan (who's a UFA) and Comrie.

This is obviously a sign of his terrible whatever and his awful something. But I thought it was sort of funny.

Old
09-26-2003, 06:43 PM
momentai

What do you see from him as a player? Potential power forward? Grinder? perhaps it's too early to tell, though. Thanks.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Funkymoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
What do you see from him as a player? Potential power forward? Grinder? perhaps it's too early to tell, though. Thanks.
couldn't tell you just yet. give me a few games.

Old
09-27-2003, 03:17 PM
mudcrutch79

"This is obviously a sign of his terrible whatever and his awful something. But I thought it was sort of funny."

I think this line is pretty funny. You're telling us that you didn't focus solely on Mike during the game? Did he ever glance north, towards Edmonton? What did it look like he was thinking about?

Old
09-27-2003, 07:32 PM
kraigus

Send a message via ICQ to kraigus Send a message via MSN to kraigus
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudcrutch79
I think this line is pretty funny. You're telling us that you didn't focus solely on Mike during the game? Did he ever glance north, towards Edmonton? What did it look like he was thinking about?
"Is that guy in the stands staring at me?"

Closed Thread