Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Any thoughts on my draft?

Old
08-07-2013, 02:24 AM
ArcataShark
Anyone say comeback?

vCash: 500
Any thoughts on my draft?

Yahoo league snake draft, I had 6th pick. Hoping to take this one home. Can it happen?

QB -- Russell Wilson

RB's -- Doug Martin, Stevan Ridley, Vick Ballard, Zac Stacy, Mikel Leshoure RB

WR's -- Roddy White, Wes Welker, Jordy Nelson, Kenny Britt, Miles Austin, Brandon Lloyd

TE's -- Jason Witten, Martellus Bennett

K -- Sebastian Janikowski D -- Giants

Cheers!!

Last edited by ArcataShark: 08-08-2013 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Thanks Leshoure is RB
ArcataShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 04:37 PM
TheGooooch
HFBoards Sponsor

standard scoring?

I think it looks good. Assume you went RB, RB, WR, TE (possibly WR here) for your first few picks.

Britt has a low risk high reward type pick and Austin does as well. The key is you got a 2nd tier TE since the drop off is pretty significant. Who knows about Bush holding up all year so LeShoure could come into play.

I am not sure about Giants D this year but it looks good.

I hate being the 6th pick, or in the middle for that matter. I like to be either the first 3 or the last 3.

TheGooooch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-07-2013, 06:03 PM
Evincar
HFBoards Sponsor

Kinda need more info like league size, positions (flex?), scoring settings etc.

Looks pretty good. Did you have a chance of drafting Shane Vereen? For me personally, If I draft 2 star RBs I would make sure I grab at least 1 handcuff. Martin doesnt have a viable handcuff, so it would have made sense to target Vereen.

I like your WRs though Lloyd is a questionable pick.

TEs are excellent but what round did you draft Bennett? Since you had Witten I would have probably would passed and used the pick on another position.

I would have drafted a good backup QB, especially since you have one of the sophomore QBs as your starter.

Dont care for the Giants D but team defense isnt really an important position.

Evincar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 02:02 AM
Trap Jesus

Really good receivers and tight ends (although I would've just taken one TE, especially considering Witten is as reliable as they come). Not the biggest fan of your RB depth but getting Martin at 6 is such a steal and makes up for a lot of that. I'd consider taking him at 2, and certainly have him in my top 3.

Trap Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 03:50 AM
BGDDYKWL

I'd say this team is about average for a 10-teamer. I really like Wilson and Martin this year, and I also definitely like Britt and Austin on your bench. Your RB depth is pretty bad, particularly for a 10-teamer, so I would've liked to have seen you grab at least one more. Bennett was fine to grab along with Witten cause he goes late anyway. Giants D is on the weaker side but I'm sure you took them in the last two rounds so it's ok. I'd drop Janikowski. There's gotta be a better kicker than him out there. I know he's a great kicker, but he's not a great fantasy kicker, particularly on an offense that might just be the worst in the NFL.

I probably would've taken Forte, SJax, CJ2K, or MJD over Ridley in the 2nd, but that's just personal preference. Then I assume when you took Roddy in the third Julio, Marshall, D Thomas, and Graham were all gone (along with CJ2K and MJD). Then the next three was Welker, Jordy, Witten (in some order). I think you should've taken a Vereen, Ivory, Lacy, Bell, Ball, etc. somewhere in there, because as you saw with Britt, Austin, etc., pretty solid receivers can be found pretty late in the draft. The RBs are long gone. And I saw you listed Leshoure with the WRs when he's a RB, but I don't see him making any impact this year. Bush and Bell are both better than him. He's got no burst. Might be good for a few TDs.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 03:28 PM
ArcataShark
Anyone say comeback?

Thank you for all the advice. Great predictions and most are correct. I really appreciate you guys taking the time.
Yahoo pro league, standard scoring, 10 team. This will be my sophomore season too. Wasn't sure if I should draft a backup QB. How many TEs do you like on your team?

Last edited by ArcataShark: 08-08-2013 at 03:34 PM.
ArcataShark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-08-2013, 07:15 PM
BGDDYKWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcataShark View Post
Thank you for all the advice. Great predictions and most are correct. I really appreciate you guys taking the time.
Yahoo pro league, standard scoring, 10 team. This will be my sophomore season too. Wasn't sure if I should draft a backup QB. How many TEs do you like on your team?
Definitely no need to have more than 2 TEs in a redraft league. If Bennett doesn't pan out you could drop him without hesitation as well. I'd rather that roster spot go to a backup RB that could be a stud if the guy in front of him goes down. You roster say the 17th tanked TE, there's no upside, and you're likely only playing him one week. Just not worth it.

A backup QB is worth owning if there is one or two out there that are clearly better than the others. If there are 5-6 QBs that are all kinda interchangeable, then there's no need to really own one of them as you can just pick up whichever is available during Wilson's bye. For instance, if one of Dalton, Freeman, Vick are available, they're worth rostering, but if the only guys left are the Schaub, Rivers, Smith variety, then I'd rather roster a backup RB.

BGDDYKWL is offline   Reply With Quote