HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 18.0 - Champions League Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-18-2013, 02:51 PM
gelu88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
They really need to fix the benches & Sideline area. Nobody likes the benches & the sidelines are way too small
I agree, If Mapp's accident had just been only a few meters either way, he would have landed very badly in the dugout.

But they must have though of that then they designed the place, there must be a reason for it.

Old
08-18-2013, 02:56 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Maybe, but I still find Saputo incredibly cheap for a man pf his net worth. Going into Champion's league with a DP spot available is absolute bull IMO.
I second that. On paper, TFC have a better squad than us (Eckersley - Morgan> Camara- Brovsky). When Brovsky is your most productive player there is a problem, a HUGE one. With That squad we have, we wont even go as far as you all expect (in either MLS or CCL) mark my words. Acquisition we made this year? 4-5 Academy players + 3 Loanees with Bernardello(+) and Lopez(+). TFC ? A Decent Championship goalscorer, 2 New Young DPs from Argentina, Bobby Convey and some others I cant remember.
The difference between TFC & Impact this year is TFC actually signs PROVEN Talent not 2nd Argentinan League reject or some reserve Bologne strikers. They prbably realized they were cheaper than Wenger with a 150M $ budget as so they decided to bring in Bernardello. so Yes, Saputo is incredibly cheap for a man of his net worth. Just look at seats at Stade Saputo

Old
08-18-2013, 03:15 PM
The Nightman

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post
I second that. On paper, TFC have a better squad than us (Eckersley - Morgan> Camara- Brovsky). When Brovsky is your most productive player there is a problem, a HUGE one. With That squad we have, we wont even go as far as you all expect (in either MLS or CCL) mark my words. Acquisition we made this year? 4-5 Academy players + 3 Loanees with Bernardello(+) and Lopez(+). TFC ? A Decent Championship goalscorer, 2 New Young DPs from Argentina, Bobby Convey and some others I cant remember.
The difference between TFC & Impact this year is TFC actually signs PROVEN Talent not 2nd Argentinan League reject or some reserve Bologne strikers. They prbably realized they were cheaper than Wenger with a 150M $ budget as so they decided to bring in Bernardello. so Yes, Saputo is incredibly cheap for a man of his net worth. Just look at seats at Stade Saputo
Oh god this might be the worst post I've seen in a long time.

Old
08-18-2013, 03:17 PM
Montreal Impact FC
.:| Champ's City |:.

im okay with 2 dp in our second season, definitively need 3 for next year tough. Joey is trying to build his team progressively... but one thing is sure, we need more markee names.. like di vaio but younger...

Old
08-18-2013, 03:27 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABbiest View Post
Oh god this might be the worst post I've seen in a long time.
Why ? Because I said TFC on paper are better than us ? or Saputo being cheap ? My man, you live in a fantasy world.

Old
08-18-2013, 03:45 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

This isn't FIFA or ManCity/PSG/Monaco, guys. You build a team slowly and integrate players to fill needs.

Old
08-18-2013, 04:41 PM
gelu88

Phil Germain thinks all three coaches suspended over the weekend may well get additional suspension.

Hope not, Houston is dangerous.

I really don't know what else people want from De Santis and Saputo. Successful teams build out of stable cores. TFC has never had a stable foundation and its no surprise they've never gelled.

Did anyone watch their match vs Columbus yesterday? Awful.

We have a solid core and are adding pieces one at a time. Sure some of those have not worked out(Pisanu, Iapachino) but the key is you always have a cohesive core that can absorb the new bodies.

The 12 guys we have already signed for next year are a really good group, and the new couple have time to integrate well. Irrespective of how we do this season, they will be 14 close knit players next spring.

On top of that you can add new talent over the winter. But it's important to manage the ego's and personalities on the team.

Spending the big money does not lead to victory on its own, we have plenty of examples in this league to prove it.

Old
08-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Alexdaman
Ferret Lover/Master

Quote:
Why ? Because I said TFC on paper are better than us ? or Saputo being cheap ? My man, you live in a fantasy world.
how is TFC better on paper? We have the 4th highest salary mass in the league. It's like if you saying that the Pittsburgh peinguins were led by a cheap ownership

LOL!!!

Old
08-18-2013, 05:36 PM
Captain Saku

Quote:
Becauseof all teams you choose to give the example of TFC? One of the most unseccessful professional franchises when it comes to results comparing to their investments.

Anyhow, I see what you're saying and honestly I'm little disappointed with our quality of play this year. We still have a long way to go to improve our play construction. A DP playmaker would help a lot, but to acquire such a player, Saputo must be willing to invest 1 to 2 millions. We also need a quality LW and a way more offensive LB than Brovsky.

Also our midfield, mainly Bernier, is somehow responsible of our lack of coordination with the attack. Although sometimes, like with Di Vaio's 2nd goal yesterday he served a brilliant long ball, however he often makes some really dumb plays some other times.

Old
08-18-2013, 06:23 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
Thing is if Bernier was making smart decisons all the time he would be playing in one of the big four leagues. That's the thing with MLS, all teams have a lot of flaws and that's wjat makes it entertaining and competitive.

Old
08-18-2013, 06:26 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Becauseof all teams you choose to give the example of TFC? One of the most unseccessful professional franchises when it comes to results comparing to their investments.

Anyhow, I see what you're saying and honestly I'm little disappointed with our quality of play this year. We still have a long way to go to improve our play construction. A DP playmaker would help a lot, but to acquire such a player, Saputo must be willing to invest 1 to 2 millions. We also need a quality LW and a way more offensive LB than Brovsky.

Also our midfield, mainly Bernier, is somehow responsible of our lack of coordination with the attack. Although sometimes, like with Di Vaio's 2nd goal yesterday he served a brilliant long ball, however he often makes some really dumb plays some other times.
1- That was months ago, they arent terrible as they used to be. Trust me, if they follow this path next year this TFC will be a team to watch. Reason why TFC sucked ? Tactics, Lack of Interest-Workratee, Building a new team takes time, switching coaches every Tuesday and many other things signing De Guzman... They also won 2 straight games something that hasnt been done since May, here. Also refreshing some of your dusty memories, what happened vs TFC 1 month ago? Who was the better team ? But some of you will be in denial, and say oh it was just one match, anyway... Im not saying they are better than us but on paper they are the better team and long-term that is +++.

2- Yea Left side is terrible, TFC have Eckersley and Morgan both are very offensive. And LW ? Hmmm TFC? Who do they have? Oh yea Convey, former Premier League & U.S. player

3- Ive always said Bernier is not reliable. Quite frankly, I have no fckin idea what his natural position is but in Toronto there is Laba... Yea I know Im annoying but you guys dont believe me. So if you guys want to stay in denial, go ahead

And that 2nd Di Vaio goal only happened because of the backheel pass by De Rosario

Old
08-18-2013, 06:27 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
how is TFC better on paper? We have the 4th highest salary mass in the league. It's like if you saying that the Pittsburgh peinguins were led by a cheap ownership

LOL!!!
So highest salary mass = Better team ?

Old
08-18-2013, 06:29 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
This isn't FIFA or ManCity/PSG/Monaco, guys. You build a team slowly and integrate players to fill needs.
Im perfectly aware, but the team showed lack of creativity in the past few weeks and what did we do ? Nothing

Old
08-18-2013, 06:38 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
Im perfectly aware, but the team showed lack of creativity in the past few weeks and what did we do ? Nothing
No they have quite a bit of creativity. Felipe and Bernier are very good passers and can figure out lanes easily. Mapp is a very good winger and Smith is still figuring it out but he's shown good finishing and good basic playmaking. Even Paponi showed some flashes of creativity. The key is that you need 3-4 of those to perform to score a lot of goals.

Our weaknesses have been defence and putting away chances. Creating plays has been a strength all season.

Another wide mid like Mapp would be a nice addition but a luxury when you consider other areas that need improvement/patience. Honestly we just need to see our younger players pushing for a chance. Wenger specifically needs to force Schalli to play him. Although Smith has been impressive every time with limited minutes... Overall we need patience. And a Di Vaio (younger maybe?) replica whenever he leaves.

Old
08-18-2013, 06:48 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
No they have quite a bit of creativity. Felipe and Bernier are very good passers and can figure out lanes easily. Mapp is a very good winger and Smith is still figuring it out but he's shown good finishing and good basic playmaking. Even Paponi showed some flashes of creativity. The key is that you need 3-4 of those to perform to score a lot of goals.

Our weaknesses have been defence and putting away chances. Creating plays has been a strength all season.

Another wide mid like Mapp would be a nice addition but a luxury when you consider other areas that need improvement/patience. Honestly we just need to see our younger players pushing for a chance. Wenger specifically needs to force Schalli to play him. Although Smith has been impressive every time with limited minutes... Overall we need patience. And a Di Vaio (younger maybe?) replica whenever he leaves.
I wrote, LACK of creativity not NO creativity and no Bernier and Felipe are not very good passer, just good passer at times. Agreed with you on Mapp and Schalli is also another moron, how do you want your team to improve if you dont play your rookies ? Next year, its going to be a disaster. I have always thought that Nesta and Ouimette were gonna play more together. Being young and idolizing you can learn better just by observing. Having our own Omar Gonzalez. I suppose, he ainít good enough.

Old
08-18-2013, 09:06 PM
Alexdaman
Ferret Lover/Master

Quote:
So highest salary mass = Better team ?
on paper yes.

and as it turns out in reality too.

p.s nhl salaries and mls salaries are too very different ballparks.

Old
08-18-2013, 10:46 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I second that. On paper, TFC have a better squad than us (Eckersley - Morgan> Camara- Brovsky). When Brovsky is your most productive player there is a problem, a HUGE one.
Wait, you're saying Morgan and Eckersley is better than Camara and Brovsky? I'm sorry bud, Morgan is god awful. Ecks vs Camara is a wash. Also, wtf, Brovsky is not our most productive player, not even close

Quote:
With That squad we have, we wont even go as far as you all expect (in either MLS or CCL) mark my words. Acquisition we made this year? 4-5 Academy players + 3 Loanees with Bernardello(+) and Lopez(+). TFC ? A Decent Championship goalscorer, 2 New Young DPs from Argentina, Bobby Convey and some others I cant remember.
Ok but we already had a Serie A top goalscorer in our squad. You have to keep in mind we were an expansion team and most of our team was built last year. The fact that they have that extra year of playing together makes this team a much better one than last year, even with mostly the same squad. Also, look at their squad, it ****ing sucks. They have Justin Braun for ****s sake. Honestly, I just don't see it. We have a better GK, we have more depth at D, especially CB (even though they have been playing like **** lately), a better midfield and a better striker.

Quote:
TFC signs all kinds of players and always sucks. And lol @ comparing seats.

Those look the same to me.

Last edited by The Russian General: 08-18-2013 at 11:27 PM.
Old
08-18-2013, 11:07 PM
gelu88

SJ just best SKC, which tightens up the top of the east that much more.

Pts Games PPG
1 Sporting Kansas City 39 25 1.56
2 New York Red Bulls 39 25 1.56
3 Montreal Impact 38 23 1.65
4 Philadelphia Union 38 25 1.52
5 Houston Dynamo 36 23 1.57
6 New England Revolution 33 24 1.38

Old
08-18-2013, 11:31 PM
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 1012
We are still first in points per games even after the terrible slump! Gosh, hopefully we get hot and run with the division, with our games in hand we are in a great position to do just that... despite the slump!

Old
08-19-2013, 12:09 AM
schumway2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
We are still first in points per games even after the terrible slump! Gosh, hopefully we get hot and run with the division, with our games in hand we are in a great position to do just that... despite the slump!
Would be awesome and quite an accomplishment to win the Supporter's Shield, even if we crash in the playoffs.

Old
08-19-2013, 12:12 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
Wait, you're saying Morgan and Eckersley is better than Camara and Brovsky? I'm sorry bud, Morgan is god awful. Ecks vs Camara is a wash. Also, wtf, Brovsky is not our most productive player, not even close

Ok but we already had a Serie A top goalscorer in our squad. You have to keep in mind we were an expansion team and most of our team was built last year. The fact that they have that extra year of playing together makes this team a much better one than last year, even with mostly the same squad. Also, look at their squad, it ****ing sucks. They have Justin Braun for ****s sake. Honestly, I just don't see it. We have a better GK, we have more depth at D, especially CB (even though they have been playing like **** lately), a better midfield and a better striker.

TFC signs all kinds of players and always sucks. And lol @ comparing seats.

Those look the same to me.
IMO Morgan is better than Brovsky offensively and def they both suck. Whos the most productive player RIGHT NOW if it aint Brovsky?
Eckersley is more complete and faster than Camara, versatile too. Yes we do have a Serie A goalscorer but that dont mean sh!-t anymore, he is too old and lazy. Forget about Justin Braun he is not even a regular. Koevermans and Earnshaw are a better duo than Di Vaio - Paponi/Wenger. Did u see Koevermans goal ratio ? :O and they add Urruti. Their forwards> Our forwards. Thats like saying Atleticoís offense is better than Chelseaís. I give you the point for our CD. I wasnt comparing seats just to clarify.

Old
08-19-2013, 01:44 AM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

You've gotta be trolling.

Did YOU see Koevermans, period?! The guy is never healthy. Earnshaw hit the ground running and is a solid player but he's been slumping with his 6 goals. MDV is miles ahead of Earnshaw in scoring, accuracy and chance creating. Caldwell is on Ferrari's level but that's it. Brockie, Osorio and ODea are decent but seriously. Bekker and Morgan may get better in the future but we've got futures too. We're better now and for the foreseeable future.

Old
08-19-2013, 03:24 AM
gelu88

Pretty bad timing to mention Kovermans, news broke a couple days back that he's gone at the end of the season:

http://www.wakingthered.com/2013/8/1...ng-netherlands

Old
08-19-2013, 09:41 AM
Woland

Quote:
1- That was months ago, they arent terrible as they used to be. Trust me, if they follow this path next year this TFC will be a team to watch. Reason why TFC sucked ? Tactics, Lack of Interest-Workratee, Building a new team takes time, switching coaches every Tuesday and many other things signing De Guzman... They also won 2 straight games something that hasnt been done since May, here. Also refreshing some of your dusty memories, what happened vs TFC 1 month ago? Who was the better team ? But some of you will be in denial, and say oh it was just one match, anyway... Im not saying they are better than us but on paper they are the better team and long-term that is +++.

2- Yea Left side is terrible, TFC have Eckersley and Morgan both are very offensive. And LW ? Hmmm TFC? Who do they have? Oh yea Convey, former Premier League & U.S. player

3- Ive always said Bernier is not reliable. Quite frankly, I have no fckin idea what his natural position is but in Toronto there is Laba... Yea I know Im annoying but you guys dont believe me. So if you guys want to stay in denial, go ahead

And that 2nd Di Vaio goal only happened because of the backheel pass by De Rosario
Said every TFC fan for the past 7 years ....dude even Duane Rollins would laugh at you right now

denial is so prevalent in TFC land

Old
08-19-2013, 09:58 AM
L4vK

So TFC is better than IMFC amidoingitrigjt?

Closed Thread