HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Montreal Impact Thread 18.0 - Champions League Edition

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2013, 08:16 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
**** goal, what a way to lose especially with the effort they gave in the 2nd half down to 10

We are going to smack them in the return game. Now we must get a point in San Jose minimum

Old
08-22-2013, 08:31 AM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Well now we know what happens when we go to Central America, that reffing was just atrocious. Both the penalty and red card were complete baloney The result is a real shame though, because we played better than them in the second half.

I guess its because Tissot and Ouimette are Quebecois that they get talked up more by local press, but clearly Lefevre is the best out of the academy, he was solid in central defence all night, i'd trust him ahead of Nesta even at this point.

Luckily we only lost 1-0 i suppose, so it wont hurt us too badly in goal differential. We'll need at least a draw in San Jose to make it through, but i think we're up to the task.
Not sure if serious. If yes, then this is by far be the worst impact-related comment I've ever seen on this board. Even worse than PMLT saying that TFC has a better club on paper than ours.

Please read the last 3 pages since the game started last night, it was unanimous among the posters that Lefevre was bad. He was shaky as hell defensively and didn't even bother to play a simple passing game or distribute the ball when he had it, he was just kicking the ball as far as he could. If we were playing against a superior team, he would've been even more exposed.

Between him, Ouimette and Tissot, he's the one that has the least potential of ever having a significant professional career. In fact, I'll go as far as to predict that neither of the three will every be considered a regular MLS player, but that's okay, the impact academy is fairly new and we shall begin to see promising players that have the potential to become regulars in 3 years at least.

Last edited by Luiginho: 08-22-2013 at 08:45 AM.
Old
08-22-2013, 08:46 AM
Thinkbig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markowicz View Post
Well now we know what happens when we go to Central America, that reffing was just atrocious. Both the penalty and red card were complete baloney The result is a real shame though, because we played better than them in the second half.

I guess its because Tissot and Ouimette are Quebecois that they get talked up more by local press, but clearly Lefevre is the best out of the academy, he was solid in central defence all night, i'd trust him ahead of Nesta even at this point.

Luckily we only lost 1-0 i suppose, so it wont hurt us too badly in goal differential. We'll need at least a draw in San Jose to make it through, but i think we're up to the task.
At this point you should quit watching soccer.

Old
08-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Hahaha, ok, I may have gone a little too far in my defense of Lefebvre, lol. Nesta is still better than him, but the way he has played so far this year, I'd say marginally so. In almost every game that he has played, Nesta has made a critical error, where he lets someone walk right past him or makes an ill-advised pass that turns into a goal for the opposition. Yes of course he's an all-world player with an amazing pedigree, but at some point you have to stop watching him as a soccer god and see what he's doing on the pitch. He's not at all the same player that he used to be.

Old
08-22-2013, 10:16 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Can i keep watching soccer, mommy???

Old
08-22-2013, 10:25 AM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Not sure if serious. If yes, then this is by far be the worst impact-related comment I've ever seen on this board. Even worse than PMLT saying that TFC has a better club on paper than ours.

Please read the last 3 pages since the game started last night, it was unanimous among the posters that Lefevre was bad. He was shaky as hell defensively and didn't even bother to play a simple passing game or distribute the ball when he had it, he was just kicking the ball as far as he could. If we were playing against a superior team, he would've been even more exposed.

Between him, Ouimette and Tissot, he's the one that has the least potential of ever having a significant professional career. In fact, I'll go as far as to predict that neither of the three will every be considered a regular MLS player, but that's okay, the impact academy is fairly new and we shall begin to see promising players that have the potential to become regulars in 3 years at least.
Great thx! So did you find the examples of those scoring chances yet?

Old
08-22-2013, 10:39 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Saku View Post
Agreed
That was a little too much.

Old
08-22-2013, 11:11 AM
NelloMello

One thing for certain, when we play the Earthquakes in San Jose, we will be fielding a competitive team, that's for sure.

Old
08-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Benzaza

The latest on Mount Royal Soccer :-)

‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’: A Disappointing First Edition

http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...-good-bad-ugly

Soccer Sans Frontières Ep. 66: Édition Tintin et les Picaros
http://www.mountroyalsoccer.com/2013...houston-dynamo

Old
08-22-2013, 12:12 PM
LaurentHabs
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NelloMello View Post
I sometimes wonder. I know we can get carried away especially after a fustrating loss such as last night but come on some of the comments / opinions are absolutely insane and beyond comprehension.
Don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting the fact of having Lefebre>Nesta. The only thing I'm saying is that Nesta isn't progressing much, hes regressing. The MLS is really quick and physical and we have seen on numerous occasions this year how it was a disadvantage for him. Thats all I'm saying really

Old
08-22-2013, 12:36 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurentHabs View Post
Don't get me wrong. I'm not supporting the fact of having Lefebre>Nesta. The only thing I'm saying is that Nesta isn't progressing much, hes regressing. The MLS is really quick and physical and we have seen on numerous occasions this year how it was a disadvantage for him. Thats all I'm saying really
My comments we're i admit over the top, because i just felt like, though he lacked quality on the pitch, i thought he wasn't nearly as bad people were making him (Lefebvre) out to be, and as i stated earlier in the year i thought his box-to-box passing was actually quite good. He actually picked out Brovsky with a superb long cross flank pass in the first half, but i guess it was overshadowed by a pass he flubbed into the stands later on. He on occasion looked shaky out there, but i thought that CD Heredia were pushing up on our players all game long, it was clearly their game plan to overcome their own lack of skill by attempting to outwork us. They gave us little time on the ball, which is why all our players, not just the defenders, made bad passes all night long.

For a guy who has barely played, thrown into a game like this was going to be difficult, but i thought he held his own. Is he better than Nesta, no, i suppose not, but for all of Nesta's skills, he often makes high risk plays that backfire because he doesn't have the agility/speed to get away with them, much in the same way Arnaud has done this year.

For Benzaza to say that Lefevre and Tissot played an "ugly" game is really unfair. Considering the way the game played out, the lack of chances CD Heredia had, the officiating that was clearly biased, I don't see any reason to call out those two players, especially since the Impact were down a man for half the game.

Old
08-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Bud2790

It's hard to expect our young guys to perform at a high level, when we barely even play them. When was the last time we saw Tissot and/or Lefevre in an MLS or Concacaf game? Last time I remember Tissot playing was vs the Whitecaps in the 1st leg of the Canadian championship (don't remember if Lefevre played that game or not).

Our back 4 has been Camara-Ferrari-Nesta-Brovsky (Iapichino) for like the past month and a half or so. You can't throw out Lefevre and Tissot along with a new comer in Piscu all at the same time. Rotate a player or 2 at a time.

Edit: I know they get to play in a few reserve games, but that's nothing like playing a regular game.

Edit 2: I can't really comment on how the played last night though since I only caught the last 5 minutes + ET.

Old
08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 2066
This. The problem isn't necessarly that we lack depth, it is that our depth player are so scarcily use that they have no experience whatsoever. Schallibaum needs to rotate the guys more.

Speaking of him, I'm not sure how mucb longer he'll last. Between his lack of adjustments, his not-rotating-the-players and his bad habit of losing his cool, I think he might be fired sooner than later. That's obviously not what I wish for, but it could happen.

Old
08-22-2013, 03:09 PM
canadiensen4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Parent View Post
I don't know much about soccer. Never even played it outside of mandatory play in high school, and that's when they didn't count me playing hockey as my gym class. So I played like two high school years of soccer... and I'm not a fan outside of the Impact, what I know of soccer outside of IMFC is what the FIFA games taught me.

But I think they played the B team here, and they sit many guys against San Jose too so... why do they treat the CONCACAF like it doesn't matter?

To me, as a fan, it matters a lot, because the CONCACAF championship, or whatever it's called, is the one that got away when Santos Laguna cut our cinderella run short a couple years ago. Winning the MLS championship wouldn't really be all that more special than winning our previous league championships in my view... we can win our league. We've done it. What I want to see is is the Impact go far in the CONCACAF and kick the Mexicans' *****. That's a REAL challenge, so why not go for it?

Of course winning the MLS championship is cool too, but...
I think the Impact care about CCL but they're not stupid too. By winning the first match vs San Jose, it was clear that this group would be decided when the Impact will visit San Jose later during the group stage. It wasn't necessary to send the A team (tough condition, turf, stadium 3500 km +, etc) and risk injury or other problems.

Before the loss vs Heredia the only good point was Montreal could afford to lose vs San Jose to go to a tiebreak (or win because of the away goal rule) Yes it's an advantage but not worth the risk to send A team to Guatemala.

And now we know we need a tie or a win to clinch the quarter final spot ... so it's quite simple and clear and you don't rely on tiebreak and possibilities if you lose in San Jose.

Old
08-22-2013, 05:10 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
This. The problem isn't necessarly that we lack depth, it is that our depth player are so scarcily use that they have no experience whatsoever. Schallibaum needs to rotate the guys more.

Speaking of him, I'm not sure how mucb longer he'll last. Between his lack of adjustments, his not-rotating-the-players and his bad habit of losing his cool, I think he might be fired sooner than later. That's obviously not what I wish for, but it could happen.
What Ive been saying for the last 2 months and why Ive compared this team to TFC. In the rotation department TFC have more depth than us (more bench solutions if you prefer). But u guys thought I said they were better technically or tactically .

Back to the topic, how do you want your 19-25 to be better if you never play them or barely play them? Is Schallibaum scared or what? Schallibaum needs to gvie his youngsters more faith SPECIALLY WENGER because next year, its going to be a disaster when MDV, Nesta, all loanees and maybe Camara (rumors EPL?)... OUT. Even if MDV or Nesta stay they will be older thus weaker physically and we cant afford to always get someone overseas because 1. Its a waste of time and Itl. spot 2. quality players usually come in the summer. 3. They prevent youngies to get minutes and better on the field. 4. They always need ‘time to adapt’ both culturally and in the league. 5 Doing it every year would be like going backward to year ONE.

Old
08-22-2013, 11:48 PM
Rumcajs

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMLTH View Post

...because next year, its going to be a disaster when MDV, Nesta, all loanees and maybe Camara (rumors EPL?)... OUT. ONE.
I am not sure if he is good enough for the EPL. I'll believe it if a team like Crystal Palace takes him on loan but until then...I am not so sure.

Old
08-23-2013, 06:13 AM
NelloMello

Quote:
What Ive been saying for the last 2 months and why Ive compared this team to TFC. In the rotation department TFC have more depth than us (more bench solutions if you prefer). But u guys thought I said they were better technically or tactically .

Back to the topic, how do you want your 19-25 to be better if you never play them or barely play them? Is Schallibaum scared or what? Schallibaum needs to gvie his youngsters more faith SPECIALLY WENGER because next year, its going to be a disaster when MDV, Nesta, all loanees and maybe Camara (rumors EPL?)... OUT. Even if MDV or Nesta stay they will be older thus weaker physically and we cant afford to always get someone overseas because 1. Its a waste of time and Itl. spot 2. quality players usually come in the summer. 3. They prevent youngies to get minutes and better on the field. 4. They always need ‘time to adapt’ both culturally and in the league. 5 Doing it every year would be like going backward to year ONE.
It's called practice and reserve games and every once and awhile due to injury or what have you, they get to play with the big squad. You need to earn your dues like everything in life. Believe you me, if our young guys were good, they would be playing on a consistant basis. They are not but progressing gradually.
Why can't we afford to get players overseas??? It's not a waste of time, the best players in the world are from overseas!! The adaptation of players to a different countries is BS! This happens on a consistant basis overseas and in North America. These are not Baseball players or Hockey players for that matter. They are footballers and they go where they are wanted and they adapt. Absolutely no issues there, none whatsoever, so that argument of your holds no water. Your fifth point does not merit a response because it defies logic. New Flash!!! They've been doing this in Eurpoe like forever....

Old
08-23-2013, 11:23 AM
JunglePete

Quote:
It's called practice and reserve games and every once and awhile due to injury or what have you, they get to play with the big squad. You need to earn your dues like everything in life. Believe you me, if our young guys were good, they would be playing on a consistant basis. They are not but progressing gradually.
Why can't we afford to get players overseas??? It's not a waste of time, the best players in the world are from overseas!! The adaptation of players to a different countries is BS! This happens on a consistant basis overseas and in North America. These are not Baseball players or Hockey players for that matter. They are footballers and they go where they are wanted and they adapt. Absolutely no issues there, none whatsoever, so that argument of your holds no water. Your fifth point does not merit a response because it defies logic. New Flash!!! They've been doing this in Eurpoe like forever....
Geez calm down...
They cant be that bad, if we signed them and for a footballer to progress : You have to play competitive matches, not friendlies or reserves. I am not saying we should throw them in starting 11 but we almost never see them. I agree with you the best players are from Europe... but not in the winter. The adaption from another culture is not BS. Many players Europeans/South Americans have difficulties adapting American/Canadian lifestyle (Juninho) and they get released bc they’re homesick. I dont understand what have they been doing in Europe forever? Changing a whole squad ? Oh yea, tell me one team.

For Camara to EPL, It was because I remember from last year he was linked to some club and said he wished to play in there in the future and now its fair to say he is at his prime

Old
08-23-2013, 11:31 AM
peate
Good grief!

#IMFC Marco Schallibaum suspended two games and fined $5,000 for 'his repeated misbehaviour' by MLS commissioner Don Garber.

Ouch!

Old
08-23-2013, 11:39 AM
Luiginho
Captain Saku

Only himself to blame. Getting tired of his stupidity on the sidelines.

The team's airplane was postponed one full day and the team arrived late yesterday. Practice was canceled for today.

I hope it doesn't affect them for tomorrow's game. They might be very tired. At least we have 5 key players that didn't make the trip.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:52 AM
Scandale du Jour
JordanStaal#1Fan

vCash: 2066
Schalli getting suspended is perfectly fine, but the fact they Garber rescinded Olsen's is ludicrous.

Old
08-23-2013, 12:29 PM
NewBlood

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanStaal#1Fan View Post
Schalli getting suspended is perfectly fine, but the fact they Garber rescinded Olsen's is ludicrous.
That. Olsen should've gotten the automatic one game, especially after he taunted the fans like he did.

Old
08-23-2013, 01:54 PM
NelloMello

Quote:
Geez calm down...
They cant be that bad, if we signed them and for a footballer to progress : You have to play competitive matches, not friendlies or reserves. I am not saying we should throw them in starting 11 but we almost never see them. I agree with you the best players are from Europe... but not in the winter. The adaption from another culture is not BS. Many players Europeans/South Americans have difficulties adapting American/Canadian lifestyle (Juninho) and they get released bc they’re homesick. I dont understand what have they been doing in Europe forever? Changing a whole squad ? Oh yea, tell me one team.

For Camara to EPL, It was because I remember from last year he was linked to some club and said he wished to play in there in the future and now its fair to say he is at his prime
Transfers happen every year and everyone is up for grabs (of course all this pending on how much they want to spend) Napoli for example has added 5 - 6 players if not more on the Cavani deal and others, Roma is another one, Tottenham will be another should they loose Bale. What do you think the Spurs will do with the 90 million euros...buy players, alot of them!! That team will be completely re-vamped.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:52 PM
JunglePete

Quote:
Transfers happen every year and everyone is up for grabs (of course all this pending on how much they want to spend) Napoli for example has added 5 - 6 players if not more on the Cavani deal and others, Roma is another one, Tottenham will be another should they loose Bale. What do you think the Spurs will do with the 90 million euros...buy players, alot of them!! That team will be completely re-vamped.
Napoli only added talents, not replaced them Pandev, Hamsik, Inler are still with team, and Gonzalo is coming in with Callejon (I guess to replace Cavani). Their only real loss was Cavani. As Roma, I dont see major changements in all their positions. They never sell/lose most of their key players (ONE AT MOST), if they do; look at Milan last season thankfully they had a good depth: Who stepped up? El Sharaawy.... and I know its not the same lvl but still. In our case most of our key players wont be coming back next season or the season after, what happens ? You know see the importance of having prospects and PLAYING them.

Old
08-24-2013, 01:01 PM
gunners14henry

Anyone have a good site to buy tickets for todays match?

Closed Thread