HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues Prospect Rankings #12

View Poll Results: Who is the Blues #12 prospect?
Lundstrom 8 16.67%
Kurker 15 31.25%
Veilleux 5 10.42%
Beach 0 0%
Andronov 1 2.08%
Fairchild 9 18.75%
MacEachern 0 0%
Wannstrom 0 0%
Tesink 0 0%
McRae 1 2.08%
Lehtera 6 12.50%
Gardiner 0 0%
Grachev 0 0%
Ponich 0 0%
Lindbohm 2 4.17%
Pochiro 0 0%
Parayko 1 2.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-07-2013, 07:23 PM
EastonBlues22
Global Moderator

vCash: 500
Blues Prospect Rankings #12

1) Tarasenko
2) Schwartz
3) Rattie
4) Allen
5) Jaskin
6) Carrier
7) Hakanpaa
8) Schmaltz
9) Edmundson
10) Binnington
11) Vannelli

This is where I think the vote patterns will start diverging wildly. Expect the polls to stay open for a bit longer. I'm looking for 50-60 total votes before closing.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:30 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

vCash: 50
For me it's Fairchild, Lindbohm or Kurker, with Veilleux in the mix. Voted Fairchild as he's closest.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:37 PM
BlueDream

I went Kurker.

I don't know enough about Lundstrom to vote for him.

Old
08-07-2013, 07:58 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I went Kurker.

I don't know enough about Lundstrom to vote for him.
Lundström is a very young goalie. That's enough to know about him to know that no prediction about how well he should do in The NHL 5-7 years from now can carry any more water than any other prediction. Too many things can happen between now and then.

I'd guess that any one of Kurker, Lehterä, Fairchild and Veilleux could be next. Fairchild is the closest, but some of the others may have higher upside potential. I'll go with Kurker. He looks like he could be a solid 3rd liner, and maybe a marginal 2nd liner if he becomes a decent "power forward".

Old
08-07-2013, 08:39 PM
STL fan in IA

Going with Fairchild. I have Parayko, Lundstrom and Kurker after that.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:43 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

I went with Parayko. He had a big year as one of the Nanooks top scoring defensemen. He has good size and a good skill set. I think he may be a potential top 4, which puts him in my opinion ahead of the rest of the pack.

Old
08-07-2013, 08:45 PM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by STL fan in IA View Post
Going with Fairchild. I have Parayko, Lundstrom and Kurker after that.
It seems Parayko is higher for you than I would anticipate. Not that I disagree, because frankly I know pretty little about the guy. I am really interested in your analysis/thought process.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:01 PM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Lehtera.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:20 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Parayko had a good development year. I can see that.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:21 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Went with Kurker. He obviously has a long way to go, but I like his frame and he plays for a great program.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:24 PM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

Going Lindbohm...seems to be a solid player and a steal for where he was taken.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:37 PM
SirPaste

Kurker for me

Old
08-07-2013, 11:27 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb_K View Post
Lundström is a very young goalie. That's enough to know about him to know that no prediction about how well he should do in The NHL 5-7 years from now can carry any more water than any other prediction. Too many things can happen between now and then.

I'd guess that any one of Kurker, Lehterä, Fairchild and Veilleux could be next. Fairchild is the closest, but some of the others may have higher upside potential. I'll go with Kurker. He looks like he could be a solid 3rd liner, and maybe a marginal 2nd liner if he becomes a decent "power forward".
The same can be said of Binnington, who I think gets quite some NA bonus here.
Lundström is prospect value wise, at the moment, pretty much where Binnington is so he shouldn't be far behind him in this poll.

Old
08-07-2013, 11:32 PM
frostyflo
#peskyblues

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Minute Minor View Post
Lehtera.
Really?
He is easily top 5 if we vote for the best of those guys but he does nothing for the Blues. The chance of seeing some of those kids making the big club might be very slim but the chance of seeing him with the note is gone IMO.

Old
08-08-2013, 12:44 AM
BlueDream

Yeah if we were voting on pure skill Lehtera would have gone a long time ago. At this point, there's no point of even including him in the poll.

Old
08-08-2013, 12:45 AM
2 Minute Minor
Hi Keeba!

vCash: 714
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostyflo View Post
Really?
He is easily top 5 if we vote for the best of those guys but he does nothing for the Blues. The chance of seeing some of those kids making the big club might be very slim but the chance of seeing him with the note is gone IMO.
The criteria for ranking the prospects are not clear. I'm choosing to vote for the guy I think most likely to have a successful NHL career.

I realize Lehtera may never come over....or may come over and not be on the Blues, after his rights expire. I still rank him higher than what's left.

Old
08-08-2013, 02:28 AM
Randall Ritchey
HockeyBuzz Blues

Agreed with 2MM.

Old
08-08-2013, 03:16 AM
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment

Kurker for me at #12.

Old
08-08-2013, 03:32 AM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

Looks like Kurker's gonna be 12. No issues with that. But Fairchild should really be next. IMO once we chose not to install Lehtera in the Allen category we were making a decision that he was done as a prospect, period. That's the basis of me not voting for him. Is he more NHL talent than what's left? Yes, obviously, but the dude was offered a one-way contract to the NHL and declined. He's therefore done as an NHL prospect (certainly with the Blues) IMO. This is my rationale for ignoring him in the list. If we're going to insist on being technial then we're insisting on his insertion in the Allen range. Otherwise there's no point.

Old
08-08-2013, 09:54 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtic Note View Post
It seems Parayko is higher for you than I would anticipate. Not that I disagree, because frankly I know pretty little about the guy. I am really interested in your analysis/thought process.
Parayko had a VERY solid freshman season with Alaska-Fairbanks. 17 pts in 33 games while also providing very solid defense. I think he's very under the radar playing way up there (not a lot of exposure) and I think he went later in the draft than he should've because he played Jr A hockey in the AJHL his draft season. He really took a step up IMO his freshman season, proving he's a legit NHL prospect in my eyes. He's 6'4" and has a good physical game from what I've seen as well. A very underrated prospect IMO.

I watched a handful of games from both Parayko and Kurker (5 pts in 35 games for Kurker) and Parayko was way more noticeable and a much bigger impact than Kurker. Some if that I'm sure is due to the depth of the team Kurker plays on (Boston U) but if I had to pick which one to keep, I'd definitely keep Parayko over Kurker right now. Just my opinion though.

Last edited by STL fan in IA: 08-08-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old
08-08-2013, 10:13 AM
STL fan in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
Looks like Kurker's gonna be 12. No issues with that. But Fairchild should really be next. IMO once we chose not to install Lehtera in the Allen category we were making a decision that he was done as a prospect, period. That's the basis of me not voting for him. Is he more NHL talent than what's left? Yes, obviously, but the dude was offered a one-way contract to the NHL and declined. He's therefore done as an NHL prospect (certainly with the Blues) IMO. This is my rationale for ignoring him in the list. If we're going to insist on being technial then we're insisting on his insertion in the Allen range. Otherwise there's no point.
Pretty much agreed. Lehtera is ranked in the same spot I have Junland - off the list.

People are welcome to use their own thought process/criteria though. For me, he's essentially useless to the Blues at this point, even as an asset, so he holds pretty much no value for me.

Old
08-08-2013, 11:29 AM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketNines View Post
My biggest problem is Fairchild really accomplished little last year and seemed to regress. With his size and skill set, I kind of feel like he is going to have to dominate at the AHL level to do better than a #7 or #8 defenseman at the NHL level. I just see Kurker too as having much more potential than Fairchild. Just my opinion.

Old
08-08-2013, 11:31 AM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

vCash: 1075
I went with Veilleux, he impressed me in the AHL games I saw of him.

Old
08-08-2013, 02:07 PM
TheOrganist
Don't Call Him Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerryTurnbullfan View Post
My biggest problem is Fairchild really accomplished little last year and seemed to regress. With his size and skill set, I kind of feel like he is going to have to dominate at the AHL level to do better than a #7 or #8 defenseman at the NHL level. I just see Kurker too as having much more potential than Fairchild. Just my opinion.
Seriously. I'll even ignore the "upside" and age angle (of the younger prospects) and just say it's hard to view an undersized defenseman with moderate offense at the pro level who will turn 25 in January as a legit NHL prospect at this point. He won't have to necessarily dominate the AHL level but he'll have to carve a specialized niche such as a really, really solid PP contributor to warrant being on an NHL roster.

There are a plethora of prospects I'd rate above him.

Last edited by TheOrganist: 08-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old
08-08-2013, 04:13 PM
PerryTurnbullfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOrganist View Post
Seriously. I'll even ignore the "upside" and age angle (of the younger prospects) and just say it's hard to view an undersized defenseman with moderate offense at the pro level who will turn 25 in January as a legit NHL prospect at this point. He won't have to necessarily dominate the AHL level but he'll have to carve a specialized niche such as a really, really solid PP contributor to warrant being on an NHL roster.

There are a plethora of prospects I'd rate above him.
Last year, he looked like a guy who could potentially carve out a niche. Impressive year and +/-. This year, he just didn't show the same type of potential. He has moved to my suspect list.

Closed Thread