HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who stays on the rock ?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-27-2003, 02:06 PM
  #1
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
Who stays on the rock ?

this will be outdated in about 24 hrs.

now with...

kaberle mccabe
marchment klee
berg jackman
pushor

quinn's already conceded belak will be the 'swing' man again)

...the kids can kiss their t.o dream goodbye for another year.
hedin kondratiev colaiacovo and co.

unless..... berg got dealt, or pushor got released.

i doubt it tho.

berg could be packaged to get a better defenseman.

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 02:13 PM
  #2
Epoch
Registered User
 
Epoch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: London, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,127
vCash: 500
Looks like all the young defense man will...

Epoch is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 02:54 PM
  #3
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
this will be outdated in about 24 hrs.

now with...

kaberle mccabe
marchment klee
berg jackman
pushor

quinn's already conceded belak will be the 'swing' man again)

...the kids can kiss their t.o dream goodbye for another year.
hedin kondratiev colaiacovo and co.

unless..... berg got dealt, or pushor got released.

i doubt it tho.

berg could be packaged to get a better defenseman.
Yesterday we were talking about how quiet it was with the "Leafs trade rumours" and then all of a sudden we go ahead and pickup Ken Klee.......I don't think Fergie is quite done yet wheeling-and-dealing.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:02 PM
  #4
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=monkey_00][COLOR=navy]Yesterday we were talking about how quiet it was with the "Leafs trade rumours" and then all of a sudden we go ahead and pickup Ken Klee

oh ya eh.
geez. we're psychic !

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:06 PM
  #5
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=p.l.f.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey_00
[COLOR=navy]Yesterday we were talking about how quiet it was with the "Leafs trade rumours" and then all of a sudden we go ahead and pickup Ken Klee

oh ya eh.
geez. we're psychic !

LOL...........ya we are.........ok now let's put our psychic abilities together here...........I say Fergie right around Xmas time phones up the Washington Capitals and..............

(OK p.l.f. you take it from there)

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:08 PM
  #6
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by w17glen
ithink don't count out bryan berard here he did say he wanted to come back and rumour has it a trades in the work for a scoring forward trading away a forward a defense prospect and draft pick
I like Berard he would add some depth.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:18 PM
  #7
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by w17glen
he can't be worse then your 5th and 6th d-man .. esp. berg
true enough.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:18 PM
  #8
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
berard would be good,
because if kaberle got hurt there would be no speed skill guy

i think they'll look for more of a complete player tho

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:22 PM
  #9
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
berard would be good,
because if kaberle got hurt there would be no speed skill guy

i think they'll look for more of a complete player tho
You know it's absolutely amazing the way Berard has been able to make it back after that serious eye injury he had when he was with the Leafs (playing against Ottawa).

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:25 PM
  #10
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
the B's were playing him almost 30 minutes a game down the stretch.

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:29 PM
  #11
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
the B's were playing him almost 30 minutes a game down the stretch.
Ya I know.......remarkable......he was one of my personal favs on the Leafs roster back when we had him........he sure has wheels.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:33 PM
  #12
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
great hands too eh, man.


kaberle on one pair
berard on the other

that would create a great flow.

it looks like the 22 man roster is set:

tucker sundin nolan
roberts nieuwendyk renberg
fitzgerald antropov mogilny
green reichel domi

kaberle mccabe
marchment klee
berg jackman

belfour
tellqvist

belak/pushor


hodson might beat tellqvist , but thats about it
unless someone gets sent packing

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:36 PM
  #13
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
so we have an offensive pair - kaberle mccabe
a defensive pair - marchment klee
and a who knows pair - berg jackman/pushor

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:37 PM
  #14
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
great hands eh, man.


kaberle on one pair
berard on the other

that would create a great flow.

it looks like the 22 man roster is set:

tucker sundin nolan
roberts nieuwendyk renberg
fitzgerald antropov mogilny
green reichel domi

kaberle mccabe
marchment klee
berg jackman

belfour
tellqvist

belak/pushor


hodson might beat tellqvist , but thats about it
unless someone gets sent packing
I like the way you have Mogilny on that 3rd line.......that's how the Devils used him when he played there in Jersey and he ended up having one of his better years statistically in quite a while because of it.....most teams will be concentrating on trying to shut down the #1 line of Sundin's which will free up some space for Mogilny........

I also hope Jackman makes it he's really impressed me.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 03:44 PM
  #15
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
i doubt quinn even knows what combinations he'll use as this point.
but the depth is good now

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 04:04 PM
  #16
monkey_00*
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Country:
Posts: 5,022
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
i doubt quinn even knows what combinations he'll use as this point.
but the depth is good now
I'm not going to get to worried about the way the Leafs start off their season........I was checking out their schedule just the other day and noticed that the first half of their season is Top heavy with alot of Road Games.......the Leafs will be playing most of their home games in the second half of the season.

monkey_00* is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 06:06 PM
  #17
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,023
vCash: 500
Leafs assign 16 players to AHL

ST. JOHN'S (CP) -- Forwards Josh Holden, Aaron Gavey, Harold Druken, Luca Cereda, Kyle Wellwood, Robb Palahnuk, Nathan Barrett and Jeff Daw have been assigned by the Toronto Maple Leafs to their St. John's AHL affiliate.

Defencemen Marc Moro, Jay Harrison, Regan Kelly, Brendan Bell and David Turon also will begin the season with the Baby Leafs. Goaltenders Mike Minard, Sebastien Centomo and J.F. Racine also were assigned to St. John's, the NHL club announced Saturday night.

Mess is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 06:12 PM
  #18
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Messenger
Leafs assign 16 players to AHL

ST. JOHN'S (CP) -- Forwards Josh Holden, Aaron Gavey, Harold Druken, Luca Cereda, Kyle Wellwood, Robb Palahnuk, Nathan Barrett and Jeff Daw have been assigned by the Toronto Maple Leafs to their St. John's AHL affiliate.

Defencemen Marc Moro, Jay Harrison, Regan Kelly, Brendan Bell and David Turon also will begin the season with the Baby Leafs. Goaltenders Mike Minard, Sebastien Centomo and J.F. Racine also were assigned to St. John's, the NHL club announced Saturday night.
hey thx!

lets see what we've got left here.

making the first cut (so far) :
ponikarovsky leeb stajan perrott
hedin colaiacovo kondratiev chartier
hodson tellqvist

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 06:13 PM
  #19
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,946
vCash: 500
im suprised holden was cut so soon

p.l.f. is offline  
Old
09-27-2003, 06:16 PM
  #20
Mess
Global Moderator
 
Mess's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 60,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f.
im suprised holden was cut so soon
I was surprised at Holden as well,, and Bell never even got into a game in North America...I thought he would get to play in Ottawa on Friday where he played Junior..

Mess is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.