HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Tampa Bay Lightning
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Which of the "weaker" prospects will have breakout years?

Old
08-13-2013, 12:15 PM
Jacko95

vCash: 500
Which of the "weaker" prospects will have breakout years?

Which prospects will breakout this season and will be seen as serious NHL material after the season (As an example, like Palat this season. We knew he had talent last summer, but he exceeded expectations by a hell lot).
I decided to go with the guys left in the rankings pool as posibilities, because I think all guys that already went "selected" are all well on their way for NHL jobs sooner rather than later.

Tanner Richard
Luke Witkowski
Nikita Gusev
Dmitry Korobov
Brian Hart
Artem Sergeev
Kristers Gudlevskis
Cedric Paquette
Saku Salminen
Henri Ikonen
Danick Gauthier
Dylan Blujus
Joel Vermin
Jimmy Mullin
Jaroslav Janus
Riku Helenius
J.T. Brown
Matthew Peca
Nikita Nesterov
Adam Wilcox

Jake Dotchin

I highlighted some guys, as I don't think they could really breakout, as they already had pretty decent seasons last year, but were not taken in the pool yet. But feel free to mention them if you think they can/ will breakout even further next season.

My money is on the following guys:
Artem Sergeev (will work his way into the top4 in SYR)
Kristers Gudlevskis (could even see him pushing Helenius for the backup job in the AHL, might even be the starter there if Desjardins is up with the big club)
Tanner Richard (will be the 2nd line center in SYR and wont be bad at it)
Danick Gauthier (will work his way onto Angelidis wing and should be an decent option for 4th line duties in the NHl after the season)

Jacko95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:23 PM
TheDaysOf 04
[ 2 6 ]

Maybe Brian Hart or J.T. Brown. Both guys should move up their teams lineup this year so hopefully we'll see some more offense from them.

Old
08-13-2013, 12:23 PM
HoseEmDown

Blujus- think he will finally look like a 2nd round pick. Put up close to 50pts and be one of the top 10 D in the OHL.

HoseEmDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:25 PM
Bolt32

Gudlevskis....Going on a limb here saying that when the Crunch make the playoffs, it will be Gudlevskis leading the charge, not Helenius or Dejardins. Kid is sooo freaking talented.

Bolt32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:50 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
I will go with my safer picks I think Kucherov Erne and if had a third would say JT Brown will all have very good years that surprise and move them up quickly on depth charts JT and Kucherov in AHL and Erne back in the Q.

Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:52 PM
bassassin

I'm thinking pacquette and peca.

For Peca it will be a return to form more than anything. I don't see how Wilcox can drastically improve on last season, I mean that's a hell of a performance, I hope for a similar season, and I think if he does that he'll fly up the rankings (so sort of qualifys sort of doesn't)

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:54 PM
bassassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertguess2013 View Post
I will go with my safer picks I think Kucherov Erne and if had a third would say JT Brown will all have very good years that surprise and move them up quickly on depth charts JT and Kucherov in AHL and Erne back in the Q.
But that's kind of the point?

bassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Unfinished Business

Send a message via AIM to Unfinished Business Send a message via MSN to Unfinished Business Send a message via Yahoo to Unfinished Business
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacko95 View Post
Which prospects will breakout this season and will be seen as serious NHL material after the season (As an example, like Palat this season. We knew he had talent last summer, but he exceeded expectations by a hell lot).
I decided to go with the guys left in the rankings pool as posibilities, because I think all guys that already went "selected" are all well on their way for NHL jobs sooner rather than later.

Tanner Richard
Luke Witkowski
Nikita Gusev
Dmitry Korobov
Brian Hart
Artem Sergeev
Kristers Gudlevskis
Cedric Paquette
Saku Salminen
Henri Ikonen
Danick Gauthier
Dylan Blujus
Joel Vermin
Jimmy Mullin
Jaroslav Janus
Riku Helenius
J.T. Brown
Matthew Peca
Nikita Nesterov
Adam Wilcox

Jake Dotchin

I highlighted some guys, as I don't think they could really breakout, as they already had pretty decent seasons last year, but were not taken in the pool yet. But feel free to mention them if you think they can/ will breakout even further next season.

My money is on the following guys:
Artem Sergeev (will work his way into the top4 in SYR)
Kristers Gudlevskis (could even see him pushing Helenius for the backup job in the AHL, might even be the starter there if Desjardins is up with the big club)
Tanner Richard (will be the 2nd line center in SYR and wont be bad at it)
Danick Gauthier (will work his way onto Angelidis wing and should be an decent option for 4th line duties in the NHl after the season)
Ok if going by your list I will go in order with JT Brown having a good year Richard as being the guy who will have most impact this year for someone coming to AHL for first time followed closely by gudlevskis than seergeev. I do not think Gauthier makes it into NHL so fast at all. Will also add two names for next year but not this year gusev next year along with Blujus will be very good players for AHL. Sleepers by next season at ahl are Nesterov and Pacquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassassin View Post
But that's kind of the point?
First choices were based on guys not ready for NHL yet? Have them 1-2 years out etc.. So think they become 2014-2015 top guys. The second list just added are more guys going for 2015-2016 years or later? We have soo many NHL ready prospects right now this makes the understanding hard?

We dont have a ton of what I consider weaker prospects? We have guys NHL ready. We have guys who will push in one year and guys in two years. If take a guy way down our list based on talent I do not see another johnson or palat right now. I just see kids who need to work and get shots as the others make it to NHL giving them more experience etc..

If went with a lower end guys would say Salminen and Ikonen if get to ahl anytime soon.

Last edited by Unfinished Business: 08-13-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Unfinished Business is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Caser
@RUSProspects

Nikita Nesterov - I believe he still has the space to breakout, because the talent is there. He showed good progress last season and I expect no less this season at Syracuse.

Tanner Richard - agree about the 2-nd line at Syracuse, but not sure about the center role as I think he has played more as a winger recently

Nikita Gusev - was having a good year, completed his transition from junior level rather well (I was having concerns about it before the season), not sure that he will be NHL material after one year, but I definitely think he is the prospect to follow

Caser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:07 PM
Necropolis
ainec

vCash: 50
Tanner Richard - if you play him with one of Connolly, Brown or Panik you can't go wrong. Really solid two-way game and great skill set, I expect him to have 40-50 point in the A next season.

Kristers Gudlevskis - Really talented guy and looked awesome in the WHC playing for pretty bad Latvia's team. I think he's going to do great job in the ECHL (isn't he expected to play there?) and after ~15 games will get a chance in the AHL and eventually take the starter job.

J.T. Brown - Now that he'll get a scoring line role in the AHL I really expect him to put up 30 goals in there, he has so much talent.

Henri Ikonen - I'm not certain if he'll play in the OHL or for KalPa in FEL but I believe that he's going to have a great season regardless of the league he's playing in. If he plays in OHL I expect him to have 70+ points, not really sure what to expect from him in FEL.

Nikita Nesterov - I'm really high on him, so I expect him to have very solid first season in North-America. He moves the puck so well and has very good hockey sense so I expect him to have ~30 points with the Crunch while being good defensively.

Last edited by Necropolis: 08-13-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Necropolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:17 PM
LightningStrikes
VL4ever

vCash: 806
I agree with the bolded ones (Korobov, Janus, Peca, Nesterov, Wilcox).

In addition my money is on Brown, Sergeyev, Richard and Hart.

LightningStrikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:40 PM
garmonbozia

JT Brown if only because I don't think there is a false/forced ceiling above him. He's one of the few players left on that list that could earn extended minutes in the NHL as soon as this year. I'd include Korobov for the same reason to a lesser extent.

Janus is getting a ton of minutes and has done great each step up he's taken over the past few years. Unless Lindback runs away from Bishop with the starters job this year, I think Janus can come battle for and seize a spot next year. If he 'breaks out' even a little bit more in the K statistically this year...

garmonbozia is offline   Reply With Quote