HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III: "Hemsky Off The Market" - MacT Presser

Closed Thread

Old
08-22-2013, 01:16 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 688
Sheldon Souray ‏@SSouray 56m
“ Love is hiding in a dark hallway at 3am to scare the **** out of your wife that got up to use the bathroom” right @TheBarbieBlank ??!!!

Now we just wait for her to attack him and break the other wrist.

Old
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Sheldon Souray ‏@SSouray 56m
“ Love is hiding in a dark hallway at 3am to scare the **** out of your wife that got up to use the bathroom” right @TheBarbieBlank ??!!!

Now we just wait for her to attack him and break the other wrist.
Well done sir, well done!

08-22-2013, 01:33 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK13 View Post
That Steve MacIntyre existed for maybe three games out of his entire 70 game career with the Oilers.

And TBH, Hordichuk baiting Staubitz into taking penalties was far more useful and impactful. This team has no room for Hordichuk, it certainly has no room for a MacIntyre.
I agree, if Smac is to be of use that is what he needs to be willing to do because with his skill set his career is on the line every game that he plays IMO.

And yes that was great what Hordi did, however Hordi doesn't strike fear in other guys like Mac does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellacious View Post
That was at the end of a season in which he was ineffective. where nobody in the league would even go near him out of fear of losing there livelihood. He did that out of pure frustration. Its reason number one why he is not a good fit.
My point was that that is how he has to do it to be effective. When it calls for it that is what he has to do, if not there isn't much of a reason to bring him back unless other teams super heavyweights start getting too chippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral View Post
And what exactly did that accomplish? Staubitz got up absolutely fine and the Oilers ended up having to kill a penalty. Do you really think it even made Staubitz think twice about going for a big hit the next time he was out on the ice?

Bringing back MacIntyre would be cringe-worthy. The absolute last thing we need on our fourth line is another player who basically can't contribute at all. All MacIntyre would be good for is the occasional pre-determined heavyweight fight that has absolutely zero impact on the actual game (outside of the fact that we'd basically be playing with 11 forwards) and is essentially just a sideshow.
Did you see Staubitz get out of that pack like he just stepped on a hornets nest? Trust me, he took notice and had Mac stayed on with us he would've minded his P's and Q's.

Old
08-22-2013, 06:45 PM
GreatKeith

vCash: 50
The last decent thing MacIntyre did was knock out Ivanans. Nobody is scared of a guy that plays less than 3 minutes a game and is about as effective as a pylon.

You'd think said knockout would've scared tough guys, but I still seem to remember a string of injuries that year anyway. Not to mention a string of losses to division foes.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:51 PM
shogun99

Mac still scored more goals then Belanger did for us.

Old
08-22-2013, 07:54 PM
Vagabond

Send a message via MSN to Vagabond
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post

This is true.. with much less ice time to boot.

Old
08-22-2013, 08:41 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
No... Smac has half as many career goals as Belanger had in 11-12

Old
08-23-2013, 10:58 AM
Devilish Predator

Devils fan here with a proposal (just in terms of value mainly, as it might not make much sense for NJ):

NJ receives: -Yakupov
- Dubnyk

EDM receives: - Schneider
- Larsson
- 2nd (2015)

Edmonton gets a starting goaltender they have needed to push them up in terms of competing for the cup, plus a young talented defenseman to bolster a somewhat lackluster defense, and a 2nd round pick.

Far off? Close? Thoughts?

Not meant to start argument by the way. Came here for some feedback.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 View Post
Devils fan here with a proposal (just in terms of value mainly, as it might not make much sense for NJ):

- Dubnyk

- Larsson
- 2nd (2015)

Edmonton gets a starting goaltender they have needed to push them up in terms of competing for the cup, plus a young talented defenseman to bolster a somewhat lackluster defense, and a 2nd round pick.

Value wise close but EDM should not be giving up on Yakupov right now especially with the way he finished last season.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:11 AM
Devilish Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Value wise close but EDM should not be giving up on Yakupov right now especially with the way he finished last season.
That is true, just how NJ should not give up on Larsson right now either, nor give away Schneider. But in terms of value, what would have to be added or taken out to make it a done deal? Just for the sake of discussion purposes.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:16 AM
joestevens29

The real problem is Larsson is still very unknown, by the team he hits his potential he might not be a need. Yak just looked too damn good to be given him up for an unproven d-man.

Schneider-Dubnyk, really don't know how much better Schneider really is. Even this year in NJ he still has quite the guy to be there if he fails. The pressure just isn't there for Schneider like it would be in Edmonton and to date that's the biggest question mark he has.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:18 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
That is true, just how NJ should not give up on Larsson right now either, nor give away Schneider. But in terms of value, what would have to be added or taken out to make it a done deal? Just for the sake of discussion purposes.
None of us have any idea, because HF almost never gets trade value right.

But most likely, Yakupov isn't going anywhere. He led the team in goal scoring as a rookie right out of the draft.

Also Schneider isn't some huge upgrade on Dubnyk like Devils fans seems to like to pretend.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:20 AM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
How on earth do you consider that 'close' value-wise? Schneider is only a marginal upgrade on Dubnyk, IMO. (I'd maybe go Dubnyk and our second for Schneider. Though, considering that Schneider's value has clearly been established as a 9th overall draft pick, we'll maybe swap you Nurse for him straight up.) Larsson for Yakupov is an absolute joke, though. I wouldn't trade Klefbom for Larsson, nevermind a potential 50-goal scorer in Yakupov.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:24 AM
Paralyzer
Tier 13428 Oiler Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
None of us have any idea, because HF almost never gets trade value right.

But most likely, Yakupov isn't going anywhere. He led the team in goal scoring as a rookie right out of the draft.

Also Schneider isn't some huge upgrade on Dubnyk like Devils fans seems to like to pretend.
AND Vancouver fans, until they traded him to NJ.

Canuck Fan before Schneider trade- Schneider's the best in the world! He will be better than Luongo, heck, he's better than him now!

Canuck Fan after Schneider trade- Schneider sucks! We totally fleeced that team for a 9th overall, he is scum! I can't believe he was a Canuck!

Old
08-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Its not the same though. Larsson was nothing special last year and was he not benched\scratched last year? You remember how high NJ fans were on Henrique after the 2011-12 season.. multiply that with 2 when it comes to EDM fans and Yakupov. The kid won rookie scoring race and lead Oilers in goals in his rookie season playing majority of the season on his off wing and with plugs.

EMD GM would ask for time just so we know what we have in Yak.. As of now Yak is 2nd after Hall in terms of value and will cost a lot more than Larsson.

Old
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paralyzer View Post
AND Vancouver fans, until they traded him to NJ.

Canuck Fan before Schneider trade- Schneider's the best in the world! He will be better than Luongo, heck, he's better than him now!

Canuck Fan after Schneider trade- Schneider sucks! We totally fleeced that team for a 9th overall, he is scum! I can't believe he was a Canuck!
only a few canuck fans posted that--most were pissed the canucks did not take the reported oiler offer

Old
08-23-2013, 11:40 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Please take the Rajala talk to the Rajala thread people. I am getting tired of moving posts there.

Old
08-23-2013, 12:24 PM
frag2

So luongo contemplated going to the PA just to void his contract.

So many Lolz. Admits that it's over between him an the Nucks, just staying professional at this point hahha

Old
08-23-2013, 12:27 PM
Trafalgar Law
Waive Ryan Smyth

Quote:

- Dubnyk

- Larsson
- 2nd (2015)

Absolutely not. Schneider for Dubnyk is only a slight upgrade, and the difference in value between Yakupov and Larsson is far greater than a 2nd round pick. 19 year old 1st overalls who lead their team in goals and all rookies in points/goals have through the roof value, while Adam Larsson has not lived up to expectations thus far. Unless the Devils add like 3 first rounders or something ridiculous, the Oilers don't touch this with a 40 foot pole.

Old
08-23-2013, 02:43 PM
Devilish Predator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
Absolutely not. Schneider for Dubnyk is only a slight upgrade, and the difference in value between Yakupov and Larsson is far greater than a 2nd round pick. 19 year old 1st overalls who lead their team in goals and all rookies in points/goals have through the roof value, while Adam Larsson has not lived up to expectations thus far. Unless the Devils add like 3 first rounders or something ridiculous, the Oilers don't touch this with a 40 foot pole.
I understand the value is probably off, but to say Larsson hasn't lived up to expectations is silly. The kid is only 20, and we all know defenseman take longer to develop. I think if we come back to this deal in a year or two, thoughts on the value will be different.

But thanks anyway for the feedback!

Old
08-23-2013, 03:06 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post

So many Lolz. Admits that it's over between him an the Nucks, just staying professional at this point hahha
He should get a new mask.

It should say "Get me the eff out of here"

Old
08-23-2013, 03:07 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by frag2 View Post

I still have faint hopes of Lou submarining the Nucks next year. I know he won't though... he has too much integrity to do that. In other words, he's the opposite of Gillis.

Old
08-23-2013, 03:22 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I still have faint hopes of Lou submarining the Nucks next year. I know he won't though... he has too much integrity to do that. In other words, he's the opposite of Gillis.
He'll be "jet lagged" after the olympics.

Old
08-23-2013, 03:30 PM
Oiltankjob Fail
Eakins GTFO

Why are New Jersey fans trying to unload Larsson on us , Did their fan base not try and convince us that their scouts would of taken him ahead of RNH even if they held the 1st overall pick ?

Old
08-23-2013, 04:56 PM
frag2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
Oh I think once he finds out whether he's part of the Oly roster or not, it'll be similar to "just before trade" Patrick Roy after. Let in a goal, it's part of game; save the shot, that's my job mentality

Closed Thread