HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposals Thread III: "Hemsky Off The Market" - MacT Presser

Closed Thread

Old
08-27-2013, 12:08 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybaroo View Post
You actually said Taylor Hall was a 3rd line player?
No, I said he handled the puck with the skillset of a third line player. Individuals on the board threw a hissyfit. To be fair I'd been parading pretty hard for months on how Seguin>Hall. But the over-reaction tourettes that ensued was quite comical, and continues to this day. However, the same niche of users also spaz out when I throw a compliment the Red Wings' way. Years of Oiler failure really gets to some people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuge View Post

He did indeed
Damn, you even popped an "indeed" in there. Now I implore you to find where I did. Just for the lulz.

Old
08-27-2013, 12:19 AM
Puritania

vCash: 1206
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
No, I said he handled the puck with the skillset of a third line player. Individuals on the board threw a hissyfit. To be fair I'd been parading pretty hard for months on how Seguin>Hall. But the over-reaction tourettes that ensued was quite comical, and continues to this day. However, the same niche of users also spaz out when I throw a compliment the Red Wings' way. Years of Oiler failure really gets to some people.

Damn, you even popped an "indeed" in there. Now I implore you to find where I did. Just for the lulz.
Guy. You took over PGTs for pages, and pages, and pages, and pages to attack Hall. Any thread where you could push your agenda you did. Take your lumps.

Old
08-27-2013, 12:45 AM
JSC
Registered Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puritania View Post
Guy. You took over PGTs for pages, and pages, and pages, and pages to attack Hall. Any thread where you could push your agenda you did. Take your lumps.
Yea. If anyone read some of the stuff by Hemsky_83/The Perfect Human, they'd think Seguin was a lock to be a 90 point, defensive stud and that Hall would be lucky to crack 50. Funny how everything works out.

Old
08-27-2013, 12:47 AM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:

Have you never heard the expression "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck"?

Saying that Hall has the skill of a third liner is as good as saying he's a third liner. As Puritania said, take your lumps. Being wrong about one person is hardly the worst offense ever committed. Some people definitely bring it up too often though

Old
08-27-2013, 12:55 AM
smackdaddy
Hall-RNH-Eberle

I was wrong too. I thought Seguin would turn into a good player.

Old
08-27-2013, 02:07 AM
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas

Quote:
Have you never heard the expression "if it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, its probably a duck"?

Saying that Hall has the skill of a third liner is as good as saying he's a third liner. As Puritania said, take your lumps. Being wrong about one person is hardly the worst offense ever committed. Some people definitely bring it up too often though
So I guess people saying Nuge sees the ice like Gretzky means Nuge is Gretz huh?

Old
08-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Mr Forever
The Oilers :(

I was never a Seguin fan, probably never will be. I can really see the upside. I am a Galchenyuk fan. I'd much rather have him than Seguin.

Old
08-27-2013, 06:30 AM
Bergeron47

NJ have really changed drastically in a 3-year span. Went from making the finals with a Parise and Kovalchuk in their primes to losing both players, and their all-time great Brodeur facing retirement.
Combining Zajac & Henrique as their forward cornerstones with having arguably only one really good offensive prospect (Boucher) and relying on potential to produce a top pairing d-man and goaltender that haven't proven much yet, should be interesting how they handle it.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:20 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trafalgar Law View Post
I think Lou Lamourello has lost his marbles. Some very poorly thought out decisions the past few years.
He hasn't "lost" his marbles, he's always made a few bad signings, but having Brodeur and the system to bail him out has helped over the years.

Old
08-27-2013, 08:22 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
So I guess people saying Nuge sees the ice like Gretzky means Nuge is Gretz huh?
No, because that's an obvious over statement, you have AT LENGTH suggested and back hand "complimented" Hall about being a 3rd liner, ALL OVER THIS Board, you're going to have to live that down sir, sorry. Again, the grain of salt will be applied until you have a mea culpa on this.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:07 AM
FreeRadicals

@EdmontonOilers: The Edmonton #Oilers have agreed to terms with forward Linus Omark on a one-year contract.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Halibut

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeRadicals View Post
@EdmontonOilers: The Edmonton #Oilers have agreed to terms with forward Linus Omark on a one-year contract.
????

Bizarre. I dont mind it at all but I'm incredibly surprised. Cant be any worse than relying on our current 4th line. Spot duty with some pp time, might work.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Philly85
Moody'

what the ****

Old
08-27-2013, 09:15 AM
nhlisajoke

vCash: 91
its called a sign and trade people.... no way is he going to OKC

Old
08-27-2013, 09:18 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
Originally Posted by devils4cup View Post
Henrique's contract in real dollars year-by-year:
2013-14 $2 mil
2014-15 $3 mil
2015-16 $4 mil
2016-17 $4.5 mil
2017-18 $5 mil
2018-19 $5.5 mil

Do you still feel the same way about the cap hit? Don't forget that the cap is most likely to go up over the duration of the contract. I'm not really debating whether or not the cap hit is too high but sometimes with young players the real dollars show more the current situation of a player and what the team think the player's progression is going to be over the duration of the contract.

I don't know when people start pulling out the excuse of rising cap and rising contract it seems like reaching and trying to justify.

How GM's can justify giving a 6 year deal after a 16 point season is beyond me. It's just stupid. Not like Henrique had 3 or 4 consistent years and then had an off year either.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:30 AM
frag2

Quote:

Calling posters that doesn't paint any remark you put positively. You even started threads in the main boards just so other posters can bash the Oilers and Hall.

You deserved all the verbal lashings.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:47 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlisajoke View Post
its called a sign and trade people.... no way is he going to OKC
More like a sign and waive. I don't think anybody will trade for him, but will take a chance on waivers.

Old
08-27-2013, 09:57 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeestaDeteta View Post
More like a sign and waive. I don't think anybody will trade for him, but will take a chance on waivers.
This makes NO sense and is terrible asset management, Omark being in Europe without an NHL contract doesn't affect the Oilers at all.

Old
08-27-2013, 10:13 AM
jsho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmi Jenkins View Post
This makes NO sense and is terrible asset management, Omark being in Europe without an NHL contract doesn't affect the Oilers at all.
I'm almost thinking he may be there as insurance policy incase Nuge isn't ready to start the season.

Once they Nuge is ready to play then they try to trade him or put him on waivers. The Oilers probably sold Omark on this by saying you'll be playing in the NHL to start the year with us or will put picked up off waivers by someone.

Just my thoughts.

Old
08-27-2013, 10:23 AM
Billybaroo*

Quote:

You actually said he handled the puck withe the same skillset as a 3rd liner?

Old
08-27-2013, 10:50 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Yup we've reached it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
I'm almost thinking he may be there as insurance policy incase Nuge isn't ready to start the season.

Once they Nuge is ready to play then they try to trade him or put him on waivers. The Oilers probably sold Omark on this by saying you'll be playing in the NHL to start the year with us or will put picked up off waivers by someone.

Just my thoughts.
I guess, but you need a center if that's the case. And if the worry is a top-6 skilled forward, that's Hemsky who's still here.

If you're going to the Euro-leagues for insurance for the Nuge not being ready, sign a center.

Old
08-27-2013, 11:41 AM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Is Brunner still out there? maybe MacT wants to reunite 2/3 of that line from the lockout?

08-27-2013, 11:47 AM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Is Brunner still out there? maybe MacT wants to reunite 2/3 of that line from the lockout?
If we move Hemsky, it could happen.

I'm pretty sure Zetterberg and Lander aren't that far off in terms of skill.

Old
08-27-2013, 12:18 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
That looks ok actually. Assuming Nuge isn't ready, we'd be looking at something like

Hemsky - Hall - Eberle
Perron - Gagner - Yakupov
Brunner - Gordon - Omark
Smyth - Lander - Jones
Joensuu
Brown

Old
08-27-2013, 12:32 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 406
Quote:
That looks ok actually. Assuming Nuge isn't ready, we'd be looking at something like

Hemsky - Hall - Eberle
Perron - Gagner - Yakupov
Brunner - Gordon - Omark
Smyth - Lander - Jones
Joensuu
Brown
I don't know how we are going to be able to afford Brunner and if we are going to go out and sign someone that isn't our property shouldn't it be for something we lack?

Unless of course Brunner is taking the same contract as Omark, which I doubt.

Closed Thread