HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MLB Discussion Thread, Part II: Yanks pay Ellsbury

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
12-04-2013, 12:52 PM
  #801
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him
 
nyr2k2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Washington, DC
Country: United States
Posts: 22,901
vCash: 500
Awards:
Ellsbury is a terrific player. He'll still be valuable even as his speed declines. He takes good routes, has good instincts. There are lots of guys that are fast but not particularly noteworthy as defenders. He's a plus defender and fast; not a plus defender because he's fast.

__________________

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 02:06 PM
  #802
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
Details on Ellsbury deal from Joel Sherman:*7 year deal for $148M. There is a team option for the 8th year at $21M and a $5M buyout.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 02:07 PM
  #803
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,071
vCash: 500
Don't see the Yankees dealing Gardner. The appeal
of an elite defensive OF is too high. Gardner going down at the end of last year killed their playoff run. They need both in the lineup and on the field. Changed the dynamic of the team.

And no surprise to see the negative nancies come on to post. I'm not enamored with the contract to Ellsbury but he is still a solid player and fills multiple needs in one player. Calling them a joke because they spent their money on needs is a little much. People who are seriously concerned about the $189 GOAL need to move on. Its not your money.

RGY is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 02:28 PM
  #804
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
ellsbury and mccann are very solid players, yes we overpaid again but its what the Yankees have to do. we dont draft high or well enough, there is a cap on IFA spending now, plus the luxury tax, and now theyre trying to keep us from Tanaka! bull ****, buy em all and show mlb it dont matter how they try to screw us over

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 02:44 PM
  #805
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
im kind of a casual yankees fan. i like both of these signings. would anyone be kind enough to give me a rundown of what the team will look like next year?

Dactyl is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 02:56 PM
  #806
NYGBleedBlueNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,939
vCash: 500
Any good Yankees forums you guys use?

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 02:59 PM
  #807
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
im kind of a casual yankees fan. i like both of these signings. would anyone be kind enough to give me a rundown of what the team will look like next year?
LF Gardner, Wells
CF Ellsbury
RF Soriano, Ichiro
3B ????
SS Jeter, Ryan
2B ????, Johnson
1B Teixeira
C McCann, Cervelli/Romine

Pitchers: not applicable

__________________
Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 03:16 PM
  #808
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYGBleedBlueNYR View Post
Any good Yankees forums you guys use?
nyyfans.com or myyesnetwork.com I use

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 03:26 PM
  #809
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
LF Gardner, Wells
CF Ellsbury
RF Soriano, Ichiro
3B ????
SS Jeter, Ryan
2B ????, Johnson
1B Teixeira
C McCann, Cervelli/Romine

Pitchers: not applicable
any chance the sign cano and reynolds?

Dactyl is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 03:38 PM
  #810
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
3:07pm:*The Mariners may have topped the Yankees' offer to Cano, a source*tells Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News. That same source indicated to McCarron that the Mariners are pursuing Cano "guns-a-blazing," and making the pitch to Cano that he can either be a Yankee legend or be a baseball legend by helping the Mariners win their first World Series. lol at this

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 03:41 PM
  #811
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey...
 
Gardner McKay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Atlanta
Country: United States
Posts: 9,801
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
3:07pm:*The Mariners may have topped the Yankees' offer to Cano, a source*tells Anthony McCarron of the New York Daily News. That same source indicated to McCarron that the Mariners are pursuing Cano "guns-a-blazing," and making the pitch to Cano that he can either be a Yankee legend or be a baseball legend by helping the Mariners win their first World Series. lol at this
He could help them win 5 world series. It still wouldn't match up to being a Yankee Legend.

__________________
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear or a fool from any direction."
Gardner McKay is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 03:47 PM
  #812
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,831
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
any chance the sign cano and reynolds?
I still think it's probable they sign Cano. Reynolds I would say is unlikely, but I'd like him back.

Brian Boyle is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 03:53 PM
  #813
RangersHank*
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 2,009
vCash: 500
What about Beltran? We still in the talks?

RangersHank* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 04:03 PM
  #814
BroadwayBlues
oxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxo
 
BroadwayBlues's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 7,862
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dactyl View Post
im kind of a casual yankees fan. i like both of these signings. would anyone be kind enough to give me a rundown of what the team will look like next year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
LF Gardner, Wells
CF Ellsbury
RF Soriano, Ichiro
3B ????
SS Jeter, Ryan
2B ????, Johnson
1B Teixeira
C McCann, Cervelli/Romine

Pitchers: not applicable

CF Ellsbury
SS Jeter
1B Teixeira
2B Cano*
C McCann
RF Soriono
LF Gardner
3B Nunez
DH Aroid

Sabathia, Kuroda*, Nova, Tanaka*, Pineda (Phelps, Warren, Nuno)

Robertson, Claiborne, Betances, Warren, Nuno(Mongomery)

Cervelli/Romine, Johnson, Nunez, Ichiro

*FA

BroadwayBlues is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 04:52 PM
  #815
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
WEDNESDAY: According to a Sanspo report passed along by Newman, NPB officials are planning to accept the $20MM maximum bid and the new posting rules (Twitter link).

There are conflicting reports on how the team would be selected, as Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times wrote this week that the posted player would be allowed to select from the teams that tie for highest bid.

at least he knows the Yankees will offer him a **** load of money to get him..

What ******* ********

The second the Yankees are serious about getting a japanese pitcher, they change the rules.

and whats this going to change exactly?.. Tanaka knows the Yankees will pay him the most money, and then people will just say they still had no chance.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 05:01 PM
  #816
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
Joel Sherman @Joelsherman1
MLB offer to NPB was max posting bid $20M, any team willing to pay can negotiate with plyr for prescribed 1-month period. Plyr picks team

OK good, no way we should lose this now.. They want him bad

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 05:09 PM
  #817
Dactyl
Registered User
 
Dactyl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 7,207
vCash: 500
tanaka would be interesting

Dactyl is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 05:16 PM
  #818
ecemleafs
Registered User
 
ecemleafs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 10,069
vCash: 500
espn has a link on the front page about the grandy man and the mets talkin a 3 year deal

ecemleafs is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 05:21 PM
  #819
nikonsniper*
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 901
vCash: 822
Cano is likely coming back. Seattle can match or go high, but it cant be higher by a token amount. It has to be several million more pre year for cano to say yes to seattle.

Plus, how would it look for Mr Yankee Cap Jay-Z to send his first client away from the yankees and into the far west?

Resign Cano, grab Tanaka and a #3 pitcher from somewhere, and get ready to beat some ass come spring.

nikonsniper* is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:13 PM
  #820
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
The Mariners were offering eight years to Ellsbury with a willingness to go to a ninth. There had been a feeling that Ellsbury would follow that money because he is from Oregon. But he appeared the latest hitter who wanted nothing to do with that huge ballpark and dubious franchise. The Yankees wouldn’t go eight or nine years, but when they indicated to Boras they would exceed Carl Crawford’s deal – seven years at $142 million – the talks gained traction on Saturday and Sunday. This was the goal, to outdo Crawford.

and Cano will do the same thing.. No one wants to hit in that ballpark for 82 games.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:22 PM
  #821
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
ellsbury and mccann are very solid players, yes we overpaid again but its what the Yankees have to do. we dont draft high or well enough, there is a cap on IFA spending now, plus the luxury tax, and now theyre trying to keep us from Tanaka! bull ****, buy em all and show mlb it dont matter how they try to screw us over

Luxury tax, cap on Internation Free Agency and slotted draft system are designed to keep the balance. It's not about MLB trying to screw over Yankees. Competitive league is a good and a profitable league.

darko is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
  #822
NYR94
Registered User
 
NYR94's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 5,701
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR94
How much are they going to have to give Cano now that they're paying Ellsbury so much? Cano is a much better player.

NYR94 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:25 PM
  #823
darko
Registered User
 
darko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Country: Australia
Posts: 30,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 View Post
WEDNESDAY: According to a Sanspo report passed along by Newman, NPB officials are planning to accept the $20MM maximum bid and the new posting rules (Twitter link).

There are conflicting reports on how the team would be selected, as Bill Shaikin of the L.A. Times wrote this week that the posted player would be allowed to select from the teams that tie for highest bid.

at least he knows the Yankees will offer him a **** load of money to get him..

What ******* ********

The second the Yankees are serious about getting a japanese pitcher, they change the rules.

and whats this going to change exactly?.. Tanaka knows the Yankees will pay him the most money, and then people will just say they still had no chance.


That rule change has been talked about for months. It all started after Darvish. Also Tanaka would fall under old rules.

darko is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 06:43 PM
  #824
Lundsanity30
Registered User
 
Lundsanity30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10,215
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by darko View Post
Luxury tax, cap on Internation Free Agency and slotted draft system are designed to keep the balance. It's not about MLB trying to screw over Yankees. Competitive league is a good and a profitable league.
we will disagree on this one all day, so I'm not going to even start.

I do agree with your last point though.

Lundsanity30 is offline  
Old
12-04-2013, 07:55 PM
  #825
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash
 
BlueshirtBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 18,702
vCash: 500
Wouldn't mind the Mets grabbing Grandy if they really want to make a move.

OF of Grandy-Lagares-Young

trade Murph and Ike for a real SS and use Flores at second potentially. Satin/Duda platoon at 1st.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.