HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Deal Done!

Closed Thread

Old
07-13-2005, 12:52 PM
sensens

vCash: 500
Deal Done!

It's over!
(take your pick of virtually any link source you like...)

Jeez... who do you sign first? Eaves I guess.

Old
07-13-2005, 01:03 PM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime

I think both Eaves and Meszaros get signed (perhaps Kaigorodov too) over the next few weeks...followed by the Sens winning the draft lottery next Thursday, followed by the buyouts of de Vries and perhaps Smolinski. Do we qualify all of our RFA's (e.g. do we quality Todd White at $1 million?) We need to get Hossa, Spezza, Havlat, Volchenkov and Fisher signed multi-year, and then perhaps get a UFA or two if we can afford it. So many questions - I can't wait for the answers.

The month of August is going to be crazy - I'm so pumped.

GO SENS GO!!!!!

Old
07-13-2005, 01:34 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
They'll probably sign Eaves and Meszaros. I'm not sure they can sign Kaigorodov with the money he can make in Russia and the fact he's guaranteed playing time there. They have to re-sign Hossa, Fisher, Spezza, Volchenkov, and Havlat to multi-year deals for sure.

And if they could win the draft lottery that would be great too. We've got a 1/48 chance I think.

Old
07-13-2005, 07:24 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Why would you sign these young guys if you would lose them after 7 years due to the new CBA? Would it not make more sense for Meszaros to go to Bingo for at least a year or two? Eaves is older so maybe sign him but I would send him to Bingo too to get some professional experience and fill out a bit more.

When they talk about signing young guys do they mean prospects who may still have junior or university eligibility or do they mean guys who have played in Bingo for a year or two or with men in Europe and Russia?

Old
07-13-2005, 07:34 PM
Lexicon Devil

We have to sign Eaves within a couple weeks or we lose him.

The euros aren't as important, but all contracts would be 2-way and these guys are highly unlikely to make the team, so you don't have to worry about the 7 years to UFA thing.

Old
07-13-2005, 07:52 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn
Why would you sign these young guys if you would lose them after 7 years due to the new CBA? Would it not make more sense for Meszaros to go to Bingo for at least a year or two? Eaves is older so maybe sign him but I would send him to Bingo too to get some professional experience and fill out a bit more.

I'm pretty sure none of us said Meszaros or Eaves are going to the NHL. We said sign them, and assumed they'd head to the AHL.

Closed Thread