HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New Division, who do you hate the most?

View Poll Results: Who do you hate the most now in the division?
Anaheim Ducks 2 2.82%
Calgary Flames 2 2.82%
Edmonton Oilers 4 5.63%
Los Angeles Kings 53 74.65%
San Jose Sharks 2 2.82%
Vancouver Canucks 8 11.27%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-09-2013, 10:29 PM
Desert Ice 11
;)

vCash: 450
Canucks or Kings was close but because of recent history the Coyotes have with the Kings I voted them as my most hated in the Pacific Division. I really think the reason I don't like the Canucks is because of their fans. The love for their team is a good thing but it annoys the crap out of me. I mean for **** sakes, they rioted after losing in the Stanly Cup final. ...rioting...really?

Sorry, back on topic. Yea so recent history and geographical location won my vote for the Kings.

Desert Ice 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-09-2013, 10:31 PM
XX
Tippett 2 the Limit

vCash: 500
Oilers. Those fans. That terrible team. Let's give them another top 10 draft pick.

XX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 01:27 AM
BeSeeingYouSeattle

I absolutely hate EDM and L.A., but I think I hate EDM more. Very likely due to their obnoxious fan base and their idea that any hockey outside of wide open offensive hockey is a disgrace to "real" hockey. Such ignorance.

So I went with EDM. L.A. would be second, but EDM has a decent lead.

BeSeeingYouSeattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 10:00 AM
MP

Going with the Ducks, although it doesn't feel the same without Chris Pronger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
I've hated the Ducks since our inaugural season. Now that they've got Perry and Getzlaf they're probably the easiest team in the entire NHL to hate.
Are there two douchier-looking players in the NHL? They look like a date **** waiting to happen.

MP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post

I hate Edmonton's shameless tanking. No, players don't tank, but they should have fired EVERYONE in the ENTIRE front office years ago. The fact that nobody really had to pay the price for that inexcusable mismanagement leads me to believe that it had the blessing of the franchise and even the fanbase. That latter part really bothers me, too. I can't believe a hockey mad town was willing to tolerate such behavior. Again, I feel like too many actually supported it. As a result, I actually like all of the players (some I really like a lot) but I do hate the franchise. I hate the hell out of it.
I see this argument about the fans supposedly being happy with tanking all the time on HF and it never ceases to baffle me. No fans actually want to lose. No fans would every night sell out an arena with one of the highest ticket prices in the league, driving through the cold and the snow, to want to go watch their team lose. No fans would tune in night after night on TV, hoping for their team to lose.

As for management, they absolutely deserve to get fired, and the fans are certainly in favor of getting rid of them, but the owner has all the say in something like that, not the fans. The management group are pals with the owner. He was a fan of theirs when he was growing up and they were playing for the team, and unfortunately he still seems to have this hero worship over them. All of these former players have their jobs for life, from the upper management group down to the assistant coaches who "somehow" manage keep their jobs even though the head coach keeps getting fired. The fans are not happy about any of this... it's a huge misstatement to say that they are.

Asher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 11:41 AM
rt
Kim Jong-tipp

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP View Post
Going with the Ducks, although it doesn't feel the same without Chris Pronger.

Are there two douchier-looking players in the NHL? They look like a date **** waiting to happen.
Wow. This is the most perfect way to sum it up. Well done.

08-10-2013, 12:06 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
So I decided to choose the LA Kings. The one thing that stood out the most to why has to do more from the bandwagon side of things. From not understanding the game of hockey to taking shots at this organization while not knowing the business history of the Kings, I do feel bad for the real fans of that team whenever those from the bandwagon speak. From the team side of things the Kings are a more dirty team than Vancouver when the refs are at their worst. Unless it's Dustin Brown as he is just a dirty player, period!

Last edited by gra: 08-10-2013 at 12:38 PM.
gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 12:26 PM
PHX FireBirds18

Dustin Brown might be my least favorite player in the league. He regularly takes charges at people, throws out knees and elbows, can't stay on his feet for more than 3 seconds, and he embellishes like a mother ****er. That last one is my biggest pet peeve. I hate people who take the cowards way out and choose to not battle through the play but rather fall down and make things easier on himself. I've seen his off season training. He's a beast. There should be no reason he spends that much time falling down. Kings fans that try to defend this aggravate me even more. On top of all that he wears a captains C.
MOD
My vote goes Kings although I really don't dislike many other guys on that team. Doughty comes off a bit whiney too me but that's about it. Second place would probably be Vancouver.

Last edited by RR: 08-10-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: not needed
PHX FireBirds18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 03:29 PM
letowskie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX FireBirds18 View Post
Dustin Brown might be my least favorite player in the league. He regularly takes charges at people, throws out knees and elbows, can't stay on his feet for more than 3 seconds, and he embellishes like a mother ****er. That last one is my biggest pet peeve. I hate people who take the cowards way out and choose to not battle through the play but rather fall down and make things easier on himself. I've seen his off season training. He's a beast. There should be no reason he spends that much time falling down. Kings fans that try to defend this aggravate me even more. On top of all that he wears a captains C.
MOD
My vote goes Kings although I really don't dislike many other guys on that team. Doughty comes off a bit whiney too me but that's about it. Second place would probably be Vancouver.
Yeah, definitely. He's the number 1 reason why I hate LA.

He's just someone basically is devoid of normal morals that human beings should have. I definitely would not permit someone like that to remain in the league if I was on the board of governors.

letowskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Phoenician

LA Kings for sure

Considering we owned the Ducks for the most part last year, haha.

Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 04:40 PM
gra
Custom User Title

vCash: 466
I will admit that I am surprised by the results of this poll. Not because of the hate of the Kings but I was thinking there would be more of a divide on who is hated the most with the changes in the division. I was thinking there would be more of a divide between the Canucks and the Kings. I was wrong but it does sound like the hate for the Canucks in up there though. Then again, who knows what can happen overtime as it could be in the future that the Oilers we end up hating more than any other team in the league.

No votes yet by the mods? I take it there is no team they hate? Kidding!

gra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 06:47 PM
Fallenone

I hate the Kings and Canucks equal!!! Hate the way their fans come here and seem to look down on Us. (Don't even begin to tell Me they Don't)

Fallenone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 06:49 PM
Murf

Kings.

But only because the list is so limited. The teams I really hate are Dallas and Detroit.

Murf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-10-2013, 09:10 PM
Redcoyote
Hungry

Within the division the LA Kings. Not a fan of Doughty or Brown at all.

The other teams I dislike because they are within the division but that is all.

The other teams at the top of my list are still Detroit and Chicago.

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 02:52 AM
Phoenician

I will say as a STH i get to interact with many fans and Blackhawk fans for me have been the worse. Oilers fans were not so bad.

Phoenician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2013, 02:35 PM
kihekah19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I see this argument about the fans supposedly being happy with tanking all the time on HF and it never ceases to baffle me. No fans actually want to lose. No fans would every night sell out an arena with one of the highest ticket prices in the league, driving through the cold and the snow, to want to go watch their team lose. No fans would tune in night after night on TV, hoping for their team to lose.

As for management, they absolutely deserve to get fired, and the fans are certainly in favor of getting rid of them, but the owner has all the say in something like that, not the fans. The management group are pals with the owner. He was a fan of theirs when he was growing up and they were playing for the team, and unfortunately he still seems to have this hero worship over them. All of these former players have their jobs for life, from the upper management group down to the assistant coaches who "somehow" manage keep their jobs even though the head coach keeps getting fired. The fans are not happy about any of this... it's a huge misstatement to say that they are.
Not happy, but still put up with it. I believe that was the point.

I would most likely put up with it as well, after all I kept buying my seats through the Gretzky error.... doesn't necessarily make it the right thing to do though. My hope is that the team will somehow manage to stink for years despite all the talent - justice if you will. After all the behavior of the Oilers organization is well beyond what the Gretzky error ever was, or ever could have been.

08-11-2013, 04:32 PM
Vip
In the clouds

Heres my list of "hate" towards our Division opponents. 1 being the greatest 6 being the least.

6. :
Nothing I really hate about this team. I am from Sacramento so naturally they are my #1 team when not playing Phoenix. I have also met Joe Thornton before and he is nothing but a class act, awesome guy.

5. :
Again, nothing that I really can't stand with this team. Maybe the only thing that bothers me is Corey Perry. He is known for being an ass hole on and off the ice. I'm a big fan of Selanne, Getzlaf and Hiller.

4. :
Kind of neutral on this one. We have never really had any run-ins with them. I used to like Iginla but now he's gone... It's kind of just a weird situation going on up there in Calgary.

3. :
Most people really hate this team. The reason why they are #3 on my list is for a few reasons. I for one, can not stand all of the Canucks posters on this website. They annoy the **** out of me. Everybody hates Burrows, that's a given. The rest of the team is just as whiny and cheap. The only person on the Canucks that I like is Luongo. I never liked him until I followed him on Twitter, but he is hilarious and has a great sense of humor. I wish nothing but the best for him.

2. :
Alright, I absolutely can not stand this team. They had what, three 1st overall picks in a row and they still manage to suck? Yeah, seeing this team in the cellar of the standings makes me smile. Another thing that bugs me about this team is how every Oilers fan on here severely overrates the players on their team.

1. :
This one is obvious and as you can see, they are leading the pole in convincing fashion. Not really much needs to be said about this one.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 01:32 PM
Coyote_Fan

Kings same as before

Coyote_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2013, 04:10 PM
CC96
Serious Offender