HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Nsh - Phi (Weber)

Closed Thread

Old
09-13-2013, 01:28 AM
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel

vCash: 500
Nsh - Phi (Weber)

To Nashville
-Sean Couturier
-Samuel Morin
-2014 1st
-2015 1st

To Philidelphia
-Shea Weber

Yea i know this trade isn't possible because of cap reasons but value wise does it make sense? Nashville could use a rebuild, Jones can hopefully replace Weber withing 2-5 years(maybe), trade would help them with a rebuild. And for Phili...well they get a top 2 dman in the league. How much does Phili need to add? Maybe swap Couturier for B.Schenn?

Last edited by Jot: 09-13-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old
09-13-2013, 01:29 AM
Ronaldo
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 55
Nashville says no.

Old
09-13-2013, 01:33 AM
PG Canuck

vCash: 50
Keep adding. Even when you think it's too much, add more.

Old
09-13-2013, 01:33 AM
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior

not even close.

Old
09-13-2013, 01:34 AM
SchennSational1022*
The Future

Not enough going to Nashville. I don't think the trading of Weber is as far fetched as most Preds fans seem to think though. They have so really good looking young defensemen, and if they can take the job and run with it, dealing Weber in 2-3 years would be in their best interest. They would still get a boat load for him and have a replacement, possibly in Jones. I know that probability of that is low but you never know how Seth will develop.

Old
09-13-2013, 02:46 AM
Djp

Start with Giroux and work from there....

Old
09-13-2013, 02:50 AM
Soundgarden

Giroux+ Coburn

Or

Couturier+ both Schenns, Vorachek+ several 1sts

Something like that.

Old
09-13-2013, 02:50 AM
tc23
#StopWeberSbisa2014

Nashville says hell no. Keep adding until it starts to hurt, then add another big piece or two.

Old
09-13-2013, 02:51 AM
ds4130

I would imagine if Nashville traded Weber it's for a forward who's going to put up PPG+. Would Nashville want Couturier? Of course, but if Weber is going to be involeved than so will Giroux.

Nashville laughs at this and hangs up.

Old
09-13-2013, 02:53 AM
UsernameWasTaken
Let's Go Blue Jays!

the value's bad for weber...and weber alone is not enough to cure philly's problems - so why would they cough up those players in any trade.

Old
09-13-2013, 03:25 AM
Philadelphia Ducks
#BringBackBob

The Weber to Philly ship has sailed on. If we were willing to trade the massive amounts required to get Weber, we would have done it when he was an RFA instead of offer sheeting him.

Old
09-13-2013, 04:07 AM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

So Nashville matches that hilarious OS, pays one quarter of it for Philly, and then turns around to trade him for a bad offer?

Yeah, no.

Weber to Philly? Giroux +++

Sound like too much? Homer should have traded for him when he had the chance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
The Weber to Philly ship has sailed on. If we were willing to trade the massive amounts required to get Weber, we would have done it when he was an RFA instead of offer sheeting him.
Even after the OS Philly had the chance to trade for him. Nashville told Philly they would match unless Philly gave up what Poile wanted.

Holmgren thought Poile was bluffing, and he was wrong.

I'd imagine at this point the price has gone up beyond Couturier and both Schenns (there may have been a first in there, too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenbergg View Post
Not enough going to Nashville. I don't think the trading of Weber is as far fetched as most Preds fans seem to think though. They have so really good looking young defensemen, and if they can take the job and run with it, dealing Weber in 2-3 years would be in their best interest. They would still get a boat load for him and have a replacement, possibly in Jones. I know that probability of that is low but you never know how Seth will develop.
After all of the money we are paying out for Weber it might make more sense to just trade Jones off if he really does develop into that kind of defenseman. He will be younger. Probably on a better contract. His value will be higher, and he won't be as much of an investment.

Who knows, though? I guess we can cross that bridge when we get there.

Last edited by TMI: 09-13-2013 at 04:50 AM.
Old
09-13-2013, 10:35 AM
Flyerfan47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post
To Nashville
-Sean Couturier
-Samuel Morin
-2014 1st
-2015 1st

To Philidelphia
-Shea Weber

Yea i know this trade isn't possible because of cap reasons but value wise does it make sense? Nashville could use a rebuild, Jones can hopefully replace Weber withing 2-5 years(maybe), trade would help them with a rebuild. And for Phili...well they get a top 2 dman in the league. How much does Phili need to add? Maybe swap Couturier for B.Schenn?
As a flyers fan, no thanks...Morin can be a beast... Couturier,Morin and 2 firsts? No way in he11. It's not like Weber tore it up last year, -2 after getting his cash. PASS.. I'd offer that package for Alex Pietrangelo before Weber

Old
09-13-2013, 10:46 AM
TOGuy14

Quote:
To Nashville
-Sean Couturier
-Samuel Morin
-2014 1st
-2015 1st

To Philidelphia
-Shea Weber

Nashville wanted more than that at the time of the contract signing.

Considering that they have paid a vast chunk of WEber's contract in terms of real dollars, and Couturier had a worse than expected year, you would REALLY need to up that offer a lot.

B.Schenn
Voracek
Coburn
3rd

Old
09-13-2013, 10:51 AM
boomboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan47 View Post
As a flyers fan, no thanks...Morin can be a beast... Couturier,Morin and 2 firsts? No way in he11. It's not like Weber tore it up last year, -2 after getting his cash. PASS.. I'd offer that package for Alex Pietrangelo before Weber

I love Weber, but totally agree with you. If you re going to offer big, go for Pietrangelo and you won t have to give that much (original proposal)

Old
09-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Liferleafer
RIP Pat

Quote:
Surprised Homer hasn't sent the OS to Alex already.

Old
09-13-2013, 11:14 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Yeah, cause Couturier really tore it up last year too. Morin can be a beast? Well, Weber is a beast. That's the difference. We're not trading the possibility of those two plus the firsts turning into something. Overpayment is the only way this deal ever happens and honestly, I'd deal with 28 other teams long before I'd ever deal with Philly if I'm Poile.

Old
09-13-2013, 11:26 AM
alpine4life

yeah a bunch a prospect for the best DMan in the league that have been given 22M already on his contract sure that works fine...

Last edited by TMI: 09-13-2013 at 12:53 PM. Reason: playing mod
Old
09-13-2013, 11:28 AM
TylerSVT*

Vorachek
B Schenn
Morin
1st 2014
1st 2015.

Something like that is what it would take, even then its probably not enough.

Weber is the best D in the league and his value is immense.

Old
09-13-2013, 11:29 AM
Broad Street Elite

Wait 5 years, then let's see if we can't revive these discussions. Weber's value will come down with age (obviously).

Should be interesting to see if a team like Nashville can field a competitive team around a massive front-loaded contract like Weber in the interim. Would definitely bode well for expansion, if so.

Old
09-13-2013, 11:31 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broad Street Elite View Post
Wait 5 years, then let's see if we can't revive these discussions. Weber's value will come down with age (obviously).

Should be interesting to see if a team like Nashville can field a competitive team around a massive front-loaded contract like Weber in the interim. Would definitely bode well for expansion, if so.
They have the ninth highest payroll in the league at the moment, and essentially consider themselves a cap team. THe amount they're below at the moment is for "in-season wiggle room," according to DP and ownership.

Old
09-13-2013, 11:36 AM
Wizeman*

Quote:
To Nashville
-Sean Couturier
-Samuel Morin
-2014 1st
-2015 1st

To Philidelphia
-Shea Weber

Most of the replies on here have been that the Flyers need to keep adding. I disagree. I am of the opposite opinion.

Shea is a franchise defense man. There is no doubt about it. However, he has not become any better in 2 years. At 28 I would have expected him to continue to improve as a player but he seems to have maxed out on his ability to raise his game. He now is what he is.

What you have is a franchise defense man at age 28 with a terrible contract.

I wouldnt even give you Dan Hamhuis straight up for him. Hamhuis costs us 4.5mil per year for 4 more years. No cap circumvention , nothing.

Hamhuis is the model for a great Defenseman on a great contract.

Old
09-13-2013, 11:46 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogaine View Post
Most of the replies on here have been that the Flyers need to keep adding. I disagree. I am of the opposite opinion.

Shea is a franchise defense man. There is no doubt about it. However, he has not become any better in 2 years. At 28 I would have expected him to continue to improve as a player but he seems to have maxed out on his ability to raise his game. He now is what he is.

What you have is a franchise defense man at age 28 with a terrible contract.

I wouldnt even give you Dan Hamhuis straight up for him. Hamhuis costs us 4.5mil per year for 4 more years. No cap circumvention , nothing.

Hamhuis is the model for a great Defenseman on a great contract.
Hamhuis is also a good second pairing defenseman, not an elite franchise number 1...so...it seems like apples and oranges to me?

Old
09-13-2013, 11:46 AM
boomboom

Quote:

I love Weber, but totally agree with you. If you re going to offer big, go for Pietrangelo and you won t have to give that much (original proposal)

Old
09-13-2013, 11:50 AM
AtlantaWhaler
Thrash/Preds/Sabres

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So Nashville matches that hilarious OS, pays one quarter of it for Philly, and then turns around to trade him for a bad offer?

Yeah, no.
This is the answer to all the crazy Weber proposals.

Closed Thread