HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

TV for Heritage?

Closed Thread

Old
09-27-2003, 09:57 AM
creative giant*

vCash: 500
TV for Heritage?

Does anyone know if the Heritage Classic old-timers game will be televised in edmonton? I see no reason why not as it is sold out, but CBC (i'm guessing they would do it) is not always reliable. thx

Old
09-27-2003, 10:13 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative giant
Does anyone know if the Heritage Classic old-timers game will be televised in edmonton? I see no reason why not as it is sold out, but CBC (i'm guessing they would do it) is not always reliable. thx
It'll be the first game of the HNIC double header Nov. 22. The only question remaining is whether they'll televise the alumni game that goes earlier.
It will be a ratings bonanza for CBC.

Old
09-27-2003, 10:31 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
It'll be the first game of the HNIC double header Nov. 22. The only question remaining is whether they'll televise the alumni game that goes earlier.
I'm praying that they do, but I have a gut feeling that News or road to avon lee (sp) or some absolute disgusting canadian program will be on instead. :mad:

Old
09-27-2003, 10:33 AM
Hemsky4PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemsky4PM
I guess i misread the original post. They'd be stupid not to broadcast Gretz.

Old
09-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Oi'll say!

I'm not usually a fan of old-timers games but I would have to agree that it will be a ratings bonanza.

Hab fans will get their last chance to see their beloved "flower" in action, Edmonton fans and Ontario residents get to watch their boy Wayne make his last public appearance on the ice.

I would guess that the old timers game will get way better ratings than 75% of the regular season contests.

Old
09-27-2003, 02:23 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
I'm not usually a fan of old-timers games but I would have to agree that it will be a ratings bonanza.

Hab fans will get their last chance to see their beloved "flower" in action, Edmonton fans and Ontario residents get to watch their boy Wayne make his last public appearance on the ice.

I would guess that the old timers game will get way better ratings than 75% of the regular season contests.

I read somewhere that the CBC is making this an all day event, kind of like Hockey Day in Canada. I will try to find the link...

Old
09-27-2003, 02:33 PM
jadeddog

ive heard a few times now that BCB is going to show both games ..... i dont have links or anything, but ive heard this a few times now and was also just ASSUMING that cbc would be smart enough to do this... the ratings would be through the roof

Old
09-27-2003, 02:38 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
I read somewhere that the CBC is making this an all day event, kind of like Hockey Day in Canada. I will try to find the link...

Yeah I heard the same thing too. I must find someone to tape it all for me that day.. That is the kinda thing you want to have forever...

Old
09-27-2003, 04:42 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark
Yeah I heard the same thing too. I must find someone to tape it all for me that day.. That is the kinda thing you want to have forever...
History will be made Saturday, Nov. 22 (6:30 p.m. ET), when CBC's Hockey Night In Canada visits Edmonton for the Oilers 25th anniversary. To commemorate the event, the Oilers will play the Montreal Canadiens at 55,000-seat Commonwealth Stadium in the "Heritage Classic"

http://nhl.com/intheslot/read/featur..._2003sked.html

Old
09-27-2003, 04:44 PM
cram

Quote:
Originally Posted by cram
History will be made Saturday, Nov. 22 (6:30 p.m. ET), when CBC's Hockey Night In Canada visits Edmonton for the Oilers 25th anniversary. To commemorate the event, the Oilers will play the Montreal Canadiens at 55,000-seat Commonwealth Stadium in the "Heritage Classic"

http://nhl.com/intheslot/read/featur..._2003sked.html

It doesn't say whether they will show the alumni game, but man, would that be retarded if they didn't!!

Closed Thread