HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL.com Prospects Article

Old
08-14-2013, 09:31 AM
Frenzy1

vCash: 500
NHL.com Prospects Article

Interesting read. Especially on Gardiner and Parayko.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680027

Considering we are doing our own ranking.

Frenzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:04 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

What's funny is a bunch of posters on here think we need defensive prospects in some trades.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Stealth JD
Drexel's dead!!!

I'll take an Ulf Samuelsson on this blueline every day.

Stealth JD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 11:04 AM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
What's funny is a bunch of posters on here think we need defensive prospects in some trades.
I think it has more to do with Schmatlz and fear about his development and upside.

Also, most fans feel our biggest need is center. I don't know of any poster that feels that it isn't a bigger need.

Old
08-14-2013, 11:10 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
I think it has more to do with Schmatlz and fear about his development and upside.

Also, most fans feel our biggest need is center. I don't know of any poster that feels that it isn't a bigger need.
It's just a trend I've noticed on the trade boards where posters want defensive prospects. The more active and knowledgeable ones know the only prospects we could use are centers.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 11:40 AM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy1 View Post
Interesting read. Especially on Gardiner and Parayko.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=680027

Considering we are doing our own ranking.
I think Parayko's nickname should be "Drago"...Colton "Drago" Parayko, ha.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Daley Tarasenkshow
#hateonbackes

Good read. Just don't get the love for lindbohlm.

Daley Tarasenkshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 12:24 PM
HooliganX2

I knew Edmunson was big tough with meanness. I didn't know much about Lindbohm. If Lindbohm can be an Ulf Samuelsson type that's a lot of toughness and meanness as well. That's really my biggest issue with our defense is the lack of meanness outside of Jackman. Polak is be and strong and physical just at times I don't think he's mean enough. I think you need a guy that other teams hate on defense.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 12:31 PM
HooliganX2

Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
Because i he really is similar to Ulf Samuelsson that's a great player to have on your team. Jackman wont be around forever. So having good tough nasty defensemen is always a plus. Pronger's big edge was he was a mean player something Pietrangelo, J-Bow, Shattenkirk really lack.

HooliganX2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 02:01 PM
Frenzy1

Quote:
Originally Posted by your jaskin too much View Post
He was Captain of his WJC last year. But truth be told, I really didn't follow him. And it really doesn't sound like anyone did.

I am a little surprised they put Gardiner over Kurker. Cause for concern? Or just the usual prospect up and down.

Old
08-14-2013, 02:05 PM
PocketNines
Only a 2 year window

We have some big, mean defensive prospects in Edmundson, Hakanpaa, Lindbohm and Parayko. Schmaltz and Vanelli are supposed to be the skill guys. Hakanpaa actually has some serious athleticism, as a big guy he has EJ's athleticism. Edmundson has a booming shot. Lindbohm was impressive at WJCs, this is why he's in this tier of voting for me with Fairchild, Veilleux (already slotted) and Kurker (already slotted). As soon as Fairchild is picked, Lindbohm starts getting my vote, then Parayko.

We are loaded on defense and wing. I'm still not convinced that Gardiner is anything for real. It's freaking Penn State hockey, which isn't even in the ballpark of Minnesota. The guy wasn't even the best player for Penn State. I understand that he's rebounded somewhat from his quitting Minnesota but he has MANY hurdles to go before he's even in my top 20 prospects.

PocketNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:49 PM
BlueDream

I can't wait to watch Edmundson and Lindbohm back there crushing people in the future.

We have some toughness up front too. Veilleux and Beach could both be quality 4th-liners.

The Blues will be a tough team to play against for a long time. We're pretty stacked with big prospects.

BlueDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:01 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDream View Post
I can't wait to watch Edmundson and Lindbohm back there crushing people in the future.

We have some toughness up front too. Veilleux and Beach could both be quality 4th-liners.

The Blues will be a tough team to play against for a long time. We're pretty stacked with big prospects.
And Carrier and Jaskin appear to be future NHL'ers (whether they're 3rd liners or better remains to be seen, but each has a good shot of being an NHL regular), and they are prototypical power forwards as well.

If 2 of Edmundson, Lindbohm, Parayko, and Hakanpaa become NHL regulars, I'll be happy...you just never know with later picks like them.

Our 1st pairing is set for years (pending the Petro signing), and I think Shattenkirk is the most interesting piece in the long-term. I think how we handle him really depends on how Edmundson, Vanelli, and Schmaltz progress (Schmaltz and Vanelli, for the most part). If one of those two becomes a 2nd pairing PMD, we could see Shattenkirk traded in the 3rd year of his contract....this is all really really hypothetical though.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 05:37 PM
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME

add hakanpaa to lindbohm and edmunson and then puck movers in jbo,petro and shatty/schmaltz/vannelli 5 years down the road.... whoo... that's got some potential to be a deadly top 6

STLBLUES44 is offline   Reply With Quote