HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The True Identity is Back

Closed Thread

Old
08-13-2013, 04:21 AM
pucci2001

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverWatch View Post
Honestly i just want to see Kadri and Gallagher fight next season.

It needs to happen.
No thanks, I'd rather just watch Kadri outplay him like he did last season turning him into a *****. We have other players than can do the fighting for Kadri, let him keep his knuckles in good shape and stay on the ice.

Old
08-13-2013, 04:25 AM
Team Overrated

For sure! I haven't been looking forward to the season this much since Wendel and Dougie led the team!

Old
08-13-2013, 04:45 AM
BIitz
GRANT = SOFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuckMagi View Post
Prediction: We sweep Boston in the regular season. We're the tougher and faster.
If only the game was based on that. They're much better coached, the system they play in is great. You don't need to be tough to beat Boston.

Old
08-13-2013, 04:52 AM
Team Overrated

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIitz View Post
If only the game was based on that. They're much better coached, the system they play in is great. You don't need to be tough to beat Boston.
I disagree that they are better coached then us. They have a great system and up and till this year they had us on speed and toughness. They still have more talent and experience in place but we can do our best to nullify that with the tough to play against department use our speed and talent to beat them!

Old
08-13-2013, 05:10 AM
ShLou Foot
6-8-5-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplayaz2000 View Post
seeing a prospect step up

that be a sight
like when Gardiner started playing in 2011
Leivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antropovsky View Post
Did you boys even bother looking at the post that I was responding too? I was responding to iPunch saying that he's giddy because the "toughest" team added Clarkson and Bolland.

He wasn't saying anything about our team's overall skill, he was commenting directly about our teams overall toughness.

Hence the reason I said, Komarov and Bolland are a wash, in terms of peskiness and overall toughness. An area where I actually think Komarov adds a little bit more to the team, than Bolland.
If you watch some of Komarov's hits from last season they were slight contact hits and he never fought (*who'd he fight? Kelly?) or had such full a contact were as he was to daze any opponents. Bolland hasn't played a game yet. Komarov was playing for a contract, Bollands' going to play in front of family(and for a contract). Let's wait for the season to start first.

Quote:

It needs to happen.
No, what NEEDS to happen is Fraser needs to finish it. I remember during a whole game last season he(gallagher) kept chirping Fraser and smugging him off, as to say he couldn't do anything.

Old
08-13-2013, 07:24 AM
mozz

I agree we certainly brought more character in the locker room. I hope the players can learn a lot from a guy like Bolland. Team identity is important and vets like that can play a big part.

Komarov is not a big loss at all. He was brutal on the third line and was a fourth liner who didn't fight and was an offensive black hole. Paced for 17 pts over 82. With playing with Kadri for a good portion of the year.

Old
08-13-2013, 11:10 AM
BiggestLeafsFanEVER*

I'm so pumped for the season to start! I don't know how I'm going to make it to the October 1! It seems so far away!

Old
08-13-2013, 11:18 AM
Kyle Doobas*

vCash: 159
Quote:

It needs to happen.
Really?

I'd rather see Orr and Gallagher fight

Old
08-13-2013, 03:07 PM
BIitz
GRANT = SOFT

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Overrated View Post
I disagree that they are better coached then us. They have a great system and up and till this year they had us on speed and toughness. They still have more talent and experience in place but we can do our best to nullify that with the tough to play against department use our speed and talent to beat them!
They don't really play that tough anymore. There's this whole mantra following that team now of "don't poke the bear", because they are tame until provoked. I say they are better coached because the team has been together for so long they know the system and each other like the back of their hand.

Old
08-13-2013, 03:41 PM
SprDaVE

We definitely have a solid balance of skill, size and toughness in our forward lineup now. In the last decade or so, we missed at least one or two of those three components, if not all 3 at times.

There's still a hole or two in the forward group but it's hard to hate how it looks like right now. The only thing we can hope for now is that it actually translates on the ice.

Last edited by SprDaVE: 08-13-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old
08-13-2013, 07:28 PM
Mr Scarface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMFAO View Post
Why did a kid who lives in Quebec
Became a Leafs fan about 10 years ago ? Because I liked a tough and intimidating team who had Darcy Tucker, Tie Domi, Shayne Corson, Gary Roberts, Wade Belak, etc. Do I need to say it was realy painfull for me to see the Leafs get bullied on a nightly basis (pre Randy Carlyle) I just can't wait to see Clarkson, Kadri, Bolland, Orr, Mclaren, Phaneuf and Fraser go at it this year!
Thank you for mentioning all those players above. They sure are great memories and players. Often I do bring back all those memoirs with those players doing it on the ice with Sundin. Also somebody mentioned Clark and Gilmour who I got to watch play hockey too... but yeah the reason I started this "identity" thread was that it's all back now. As we all saw last season. Now this team is even stronger and harder. Can't ask anything more. It's great to just wait and see if they can win or lose this season with this fantasticly tough and hard lineup/coach. All I can do is watch and enjoy all this entertainment... well, great entertainment is the right choise of words. I can't play the game myself at this fast pace and level. I just can remember all those great games from the past, also some of my own games and combine those memeries to these current games. And these games are so much excitement. It's incredibly high feeling to get to enjoy this true Leafs hockey again........ Nobody can smoke these Leafs.

Old
08-13-2013, 09:19 PM
morrielly

vCash: 380

Old
08-13-2013, 10:20 PM
Dio666

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishManSam View Post
lol, I don't want to see blood and death, I'm just happy our team plays with emotion again.

To see the players play with as much passion as I have for the team, just makes me giddy
Lol. The not wanting to see blood and death comment is funny cause your avatar.

Joking aside. Agreed with the emotion part.

I can't wait. August is killing me!

Old
08-21-2013, 04:44 PM
Mr Scarface*

Yep it's really getting closer now! Only a month and few days before that first black puck. Be ready and rumble!

Old
11-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Mr Scarface*

It's been an interesting process for certainly. Carlyle's soldiers have been bowing down to him and performing. Getting points a lot. A whole lot. But yeah, our hard new players who came in in Clarkson, Bolland, Bodie have been playing hard while scoring (Bolland). Combining these players to Frazer McLaren, Orr, Fraser, Phaneuf, it's been real good.

Fraser's presence is needed but the guy suffers too many injuries. Others have been very good.

We are not fighting and dropping the gloves that much right now because Randy Carlyle knows the biggest games are just coming. In the playoffs and right before that our true identity will reveal itself in even more evil manner than ever before. Others will suffer and gets bruised up. That's hockey and our team is built like that. This all feels good and it's entertainment still at its fullest. Imagine if we would hire/get some cool d-guy playing for us at the deadline. That would make our team even more and more harder. Fraser might be out a lot of games so Nonis might get some. Hard and heavy guys who will be like robots. Carlyle's army is getting ready and other teams are already afraid of us. Nobody wants to play against our team and squad. We got so many leaders who talk the talk that even Joffrey Lupul has been more quiet. He no longer has to play that A-team game that gets everybody going. There are others like in that movie "Others." Clarkson, Bolland are showing real good example to others how you win games. Bolland scores at the same time, so it doesn't hurt. Bolland even decides Stanley Cups while leading the team with that silent killer type of action. He really is one of the best we've had in a long long time. Real juicy deal by Nonis, David in getting him in.

Already I am thanking God and Carlyle for inspiring this whole Leafs Nation and bringing that true identity back. Now we just have to wait for those (important) games where it all matters. Only then we'll see even more war and fights. Blood will follow the trails. Our team the hardest in the game.

Old
11-19-2013, 04:59 PM
AwesomeMatthews

Sopranos, I don't know if you have a podcast, but if you did, I would be a subscriber

Old
11-19-2013, 05:23 PM
StringsAttached
BPD Nation!

Well said OP.

Old
11-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Asif16*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sopranos View Post
So glad to see some posts here lately saying that our identity is back at last. That Toronto Maple Leafs hockey stamp/code that really rocked the hockey world back in the days. It's the only way to go with the canadian team that's still the most popular and one of the richest in the world.

Credit goes to Brian Burke, David Nonis, other personel and especially Randy Carlyle. Carlyle really has made it clear that his team fights for everything and that gangster type of play is shown all over. It's still entertainment. Nothing has changed since the time of rome and its gladiators. People, human beings still want to see blood and death. So it's an interesting thing to see this happening in toronto (again). Everybody remembers those past teams that had so many characters and hard players playing. Many people were intimitaded to play against those leafs teams. Ottawa sometimes cried. I'm just so glad it's back. None of those fool teams who play soft dollar made game can compete against killers. Already last season we saw that Carlyle plays with the best and biggest. He don't play no games.

I can't emphasize the word "identity" enough. It's everything. Remember that it still is entertainment. Even if a team loses, if it makes people enjoy, hurray, laugh and even cry then, it still delivers the most important thing in life: Happiness of enjoying the entertainment of time.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:02 PM
Mr Scarface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinology View Post
Sopranos, I don't know if you have a podcast, but if you did, I would be a subscriber
I don't know what that is sir? Truly, I'm that old school. But thank you

Old
11-19-2013, 06:04 PM
ThrowDemTongs

sopranos is the man. The real man.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:05 PM
RASHBEEP

Only one use of the word "hard" in the OP. You're slackin, sopranos.

Old
11-19-2013, 06:08 PM
AwesomeMatthews

Quote:
I don't know what that is sir? Truly, I'm that old school. But thank you
It's like an online radio show. If you had one I would become a premium member for sure

Old
11-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Mr Scarface*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundinology View Post
It's like an online radio show. If you had one I would become a premium member for sure
Oh it's like that sort of thing.. we have to look into that. Only there are so many shows and music already done correctly and so superbly there is nothing new to tell nor do. Everything original has already been created. People only borrow some of the original genres and modify that to some side-genres and so on.... it happens in everything. Music, television, films.. art. I'm just happy the hard part has been already invented New we can jus speak and enjoy.

Old
11-19-2013, 07:35 PM
Hero
Uncle Leo

vCash: 2350
Quote:
It's been an interesting process for certainly. Carlyle's soldiers have been bowing down to him and performing. Getting points a lot. A whole lot. But yeah, our hard new players who came in in Clarkson, Bolland, Bodie have been playing hard while scoring (Bolland). Combining these players to Frazer McLaren, Orr, Fraser, Phaneuf, it's been real good.

Fraser's presence is needed but the guy suffers too many injuries. Others have been very good.

We are not fighting and dropping the gloves that much right now because Randy Carlyle knows the biggest games are just coming. In the playoffs and right before that our true identity will reveal itself in even more evil manner than ever before. Others will suffer and gets bruised up. That's hockey and our team is built like that. This all feels good and it's entertainment still at its fullest. Imagine if we would hire/get some cool d-guy playing for us at the deadline. That would make our team even more and more harder. Fraser might be out a lot of games so Nonis might get some. Hard and heavy guys who will be like robots. Carlyle's army is getting ready and other teams are already afraid of us. Nobody wants to play against our team and squad. We got so many leaders who talk the talk that even Joffrey Lupul has been more quiet. He no longer has to play that A-team game that gets everybody going. There are others like in that movie "Others." Clarkson, Bolland are showing real good example to others how you win games. Bolland scores at the same time, so it doesn't hurt. Bolland even decides Stanley Cups while leading the team with that silent killer type of action. He really is one of the best we've had in a long long time. Real juicy deal by Nonis, David in getting him in.

Already I am thanking God and Carlyle for inspiring this whole Leafs Nation and bringing that true identity back. Now we just have to wait for those (important) games where it all matters. Only then we'll see even more war and fights. Blood will follow the trails. Our team the hardest in the game.
hard

Old
12-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Mr Scarface*

I don't think the Leafs have played like last season. They might later this season... but so far it's not been like that. Maybe they have saved it for later cause it's a pretty long season. Happy some flashes from the past tonight... McLaren and Lupul for example were totally on a mission against the Kings.

Closed Thread