HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

2013 European Trophy | 2013 Red Bulls Salute (Dec. 19-22)

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2013, 10:22 AM
Jonimaus

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
Haha, gotta love these upset swedes. A couple of you are taking this training tournament a bit too seriously.
I honestly doubt anyone in Sweden cares. I don't even know if they broadcast the games.

But I'll never miss a chance to rub it in. The finns seem to care just as much, or more than the swedes in this thread. Every single thread about this has been created by a fin. Yeah, the swedes are upset.

Old
08-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Hahl injured, 0-1 down. ET going great so far for Jokerit...

Old
08-15-2013, 01:08 PM
Finnpin
Jenni V

Färjestad's goalie Danny Taylor seems to be playing well but still poor preseason start by Jokerit.

Just effin great. Hjallis has to go buy some centers...injuries are hitting the team again like last season.

Hahl hits Connolly hard and both players go down. Connolly goes straight to the locker room. Hahl just seemed to have gotten the wind knocked out of him.

Looks like both Hahl and Connolly are out of the game. Neither on the bench.

Last edited by Finnpin: 08-16-2013 at 01:26 AM.
Old
08-15-2013, 01:51 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Jokerit - FBK 0-2. Jokerit now 119 minutes without a goal in pre-season. Dat offense...

Old
08-15-2013, 01:55 PM
Finnpin
Jenni V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Jokerit - FBK 0-2. Jokerit now 119 minutes without a goal in pre-season. Dat offense...
Last one was empty netter and I guess Färjestad goalie Taylor was man of the match. Injuries or not, pathetic preseason start from Jokerit.

Old
08-15-2013, 02:39 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Last one was empty netter and I guess Färjestad goalie Taylor was man of the match. Injuries or not, pathetic preseason start from Jokerit.
http://keskustelu.jatkoaika.com/show...&postcount=233

The last two sentences have me more worried.

Old
08-15-2013, 03:29 PM
Jonimaus

Can you translate it? Google translate went bananas and gave no help to understand it.

Old
08-15-2013, 03:38 PM
KHLJokers*

Jönköööpping vs JYP 2-5. It seems that JYP's high-pressure style is poison for Swedish teams?

Old
08-15-2013, 04:03 PM
icing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHLJokers View Post
Linköööpping vs JYP 2-5. It seems that JYP's high-pressure style is poison for Swedish teams?
Fixed it for you.

Well deserved win for JYP. A hard working team machine.
LHC (Linköping) had a really crappy evening. Lots of puck possession but I think I can count the passes that hit a team members stick on my left hands five fingers. JYP was really tight defensively and in the neutral zone. I don't know how many times LHC had to start all over in their attacking - into the neutral zone - get stuck - start over in the defensive zone - repeat.

And 20 penalties in the game that wasnt dirty at all. The refs thought they were the main event tonight.

Last edited by icing: 08-15-2013 at 04:11 PM.
Old
08-15-2013, 05:10 PM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Can you translate it? Google translate went bananas and gave no help to understand it.
It's just for us Jokerit fans. Jokerit attacked using the center lane 3 times if even that many times and that luckily there's still time until the start of the season but with Hjallis(Harkimo) & co in charge of things, you might as well jump off a cliff.

Old
08-16-2013, 01:03 AM
KHLJokers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by icing View Post
Fixed it for you.
Thank you

For team Finland this tournament has been embarrassing (except for team JYP). Is this because our players drink vodka and like to party a lot at summer?

Old
08-16-2013, 03:32 AM
Slimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaan View Post
Haha, gotta love these upset swedes. A couple of you are taking this training tournament a bit too seriously.
It's an international tournament with some of the best teams in europe. If anything, more people should take it serious. I love hockey and watching Frölunda - Jokerit in Frölundaborg for 100 SEK was a real treat!
And besides, you never want to loose against a finnish team, no matter what

Old
08-16-2013, 04:37 PM
KHLJokers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonimaus View Post
Even if you're slightly behind, if you do the take down, you win. End of story.
Did Parros win this one?

Last edited by joe89: 08-16-2013 at 04:47 PM. Reason: flame
Old
08-16-2013, 04:43 PM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimmy View Post
It's an international tournament with some of the best teams in europe. If anything, more people should take it serious. I love hockey and watching Frölunda - Jokerit in Frölundaborg for 100 SEK was a real treat!
And besides, you never want to loose against a finnish team, no matter what

Old
08-16-2013, 04:46 PM
Hockeyfrilla

Good start for Frölunda

4-0 vs jokerit
5-1 vs HIFK

Old
08-16-2013, 05:54 PM
Finnpin
Jenni V

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyfrilla View Post
Good start for Frölunda

4-0 vs jokerit
5-1 vs HIFK
Not bad at all but both Helsinki teams looks still rusty and are under heavy training period.

Last edited by Finnpin: 08-16-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Old
08-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Jonimaus

Quote:
Originally Posted by KHLJokers* View Post
Did Parros win this one?

Which part of the 2 words "slightly behind" is it that you do not understand? If you're too embarrassed to write it here, PM me and I'll explain it to you.

Old
08-17-2013, 04:26 AM
Slimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorky View Post
I don't see what's wrong with that statemen? Maybe geography isn't your strongest subject. Or perhaps you should try reading it again, not just the bolded part.

Old
08-17-2013, 05:02 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
I don't see what's wrong with that statemen? Maybe geography isn't your strongest subject. Or perhaps you should try reading it again, not just the bolded part.
I dont want to discuss about this again, but I consider that your statement as BS. I heard that Ukraine (Donbass, budget over 25M euro), Belarus (Dinamo, budget over 15M euro), Croatia (Medvescak, budget over 13M euro for sure), Latvia and Slovakia (Dinamo/Slovan, budget over 12M euro), Czech rep (Lev, budget of 20M euro) or part of Russia (SKA budget cca 60M euro, CSKA the same, Dynamo less, etc) are in Europe. All these clubs can be considered as top euro clubs. Maybe a few top clubs of Sweden/Germany/Finland can be comparable with Slovan´s caliber clubs, non with CSKA, SKA. Yes, geography IS my strongest subject, dont worry.

Pls, dont go on in discussion, does not make sense to discuss it again. I had to write these word!

btw .....

Quote:
Pro naše kluby je těžké financovat svojí účast, protože ani diváci, ani partneři nejeví o podporu příliš velký zájem a náklad 50 - 60 tisíc Euro je pro nás hodně citelný. Není to jen subjektivní pohled, při každoročním vyhodnocení tomu odpovídají i hodnoty sledovanosti na webech, on line přenosech, prodejích merchandisingu, prodaných balíčcích VIP Hospitality atd.
http://market-slavia.blog.cz/1308/s-...entar108854882

Quote:
It is complicated for czech clubs to finance ET, because our sponsors dont care about ET and sum of 50-60 000 euro is a lot for czech clubs. That is not only subjective opinion, look at annual analysis of websites, online translations of games, selling merchensiding, VIPs. All low.
Petr Briza said, he is "ambassador" of czech clubs in ET if I know. He also said that ET is popular only in Sweden, Finland..german fans would watch every international league (yes, he spent a lot of time in Germany). He said that Switzerland is neutral or sceptic towards ET.

Conclusions

- euro clubs, at least czech, dont have money, even 60 000 euro is a lot for them, sponsors dont care

- ET has support only in SWE/FIN (but posters say that not so much in SWE), Europe does not care at all (only Germany, but they will have KHL, at least big clubs)

- media/sponsor/fans interest in NOT in Czech rep

- only reasonable solution is to divide KHL and ET... KHL as UEFA Champions League (tier 1) and ET as UEFA Europa League (tier 2). Of course, KHL is closed league, their avg clubs can participate in ET, why not?

Old
08-17-2013, 05:31 AM
Slimmy

Quote:
I dont want to discuss about this again, but I consider that your statement as BS. I heard that Ukraine (Donbass, budget over 25M euro), Belarus (Dinamo, budget over 15M euro), Croatia (Medvescak, budget over 13M euro for sure), Latvia and Slovakia (Dinamo/Slovan, budget over 12M euro), Czech rep (Lev, budget of 20M euro) or part of Russia (SKA budget cca 60M euro, CSKA the same, Dynamo less, etc) are in Europe. All these clubs can be considered as top euro clubs. Maybe a few top clubs of Sweden/Germany/Finland can be comparable with Slovan´s caliber clubs, non with CSKA, SKA. Yes, geography IS my strongest subject, dont worry.

Pls, dont go on in discussion, does not make sense to discuss it again. I had to write these word!

btw .....

http://market-slavia.blog.cz/1308/s-...entar108854882

Petr Briza said, he is "ambassador" of czech clubs in ET if I know. He also said that ET is popular only in Sweden, Finland..german fans would watch every international league (yes, he spent a lot of time in Germany). He said that Switzerland is neutral or sceptic towards ET.

Conclusions

- euro clubs, at least czech, dont have money, even 60 000 euro is a lot for them, sponsors dont care

- ET has support only in SWE/FIN (but posters say that not so much in SWE), Europe does not care at all (only Germany, but they will have KHL, at least big clubs)

- media/sponsor/fans interest in NOT in Czech rep

- only reasonable solution is to divide KHL and ET... KHL as UEFA Champions League (tier 1) and ET as UEFA Europa League (tier 2). Of course, KHL is closed league, their avg clubs can participate in ET, why not?
So, where in all your ramblings can I find a single sentence to rebuke my statement that SOME of the best teams in Europe are currently involved in the ET-tournament?
Do you really have to constantly p*ss on everything not KHL in europe? It's tiresome.

Old
08-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Jussi
No strings on me

Quote:
So, where in all your ramblings can I find a single sentence to rebuke my statement that SOME of the best teams in Europe are currently involved in the ET-tournament?
Do you really have to constantly p*ss on everything not KHL in europe? It's tiresome.
+1.

Is there really something wrong with having pre-season games that have a little more meaning than just exhibition games? While also serving as "training run" for possible, bigger tournament ?

Old
08-17-2013, 08:09 AM
Vicente

I just don't see what it's good for to have such a Europe-wide pre-season tournament. If the best teams of the previous season would qualify for ET and they would play it IN the season, that would change things...

@vorky the best teams from Sweden, Finland, Germany etc are SOME OF THE BEST CLUBS IN EUROPE! Nobody claimed they were the very best in Europe like SKA St. Petersburg...

Nobody in England, Spain or Italy wants to get rid off UEFA Champions League and that the other teams join their football league... so why can't KHL live with European Cup competition? Don't you get the difference between a CUP COMPETITION and a league?

Old
08-17-2013, 08:41 AM
vorky
@vorkywh24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicente View Post
I just don't see what it's good for to have such a Europe-wide pre-season tournament. If the best teams of the previous season would qualify for ET and they would play it IN the season, that would change things...

@vorky the best teams from Sweden, Finland, Germany etc are SOME OF THE BEST CLUBS IN EUROPE! Nobody claimed they were the very best in Europe like SKA St. Petersburg...

Nobody in England, Spain or Italy wants to get rid off UEFA Champions League and that the other teams join their football league... so why can't KHL live with European Cup competition? Don't you get the difference between a CUP COMPETITION and a league?
When did I say it? NEVER. I just said that ET is 2nd tier competition in Europe and always will be.

Slimmy

It is about definition of the subject I replied you on question regarding status of tournament, nothing more. I dont get your conspiracy.

Old
08-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Vicente

Quote:
When did I say it? NEVER. I just said that ET is 2nd tier competition in Europe and always will be.
I don't think outside of KHL anyone has a problem with it.

Old
08-19-2013, 01:26 AM
Grammar Butcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finnpin View Post
Not bad at all but both Helsinki teams looks still rusty and are under heavy training period.
...Or just face the fact, that the FEL holds the same standard nowadays as the top of the Swedish second tier?

Closed Thread