HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Breaking Bad Season 5 [Part 4 (It's back!!)] Continue the celebration

View Poll Results: How many of you watch the previous episode right before the new one?
Yes 22 28.95%
No 54 71.05%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
08-14-2013, 03:08 PM
BCS

vCash: 500
Of all the bad things Walt has done, letting Jane die is the most forgivable of all. She was a toxic presence who would've kept coming back for more money, threatening all the while to tell his family and/or police about his double life. She was also an awful influence on Jesse. **** her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Beardliness View Post
From rewatching season 3 she overreacts hard just from finding out he cooks meth.
I didn't realize this was possible. The Skyler hate is ridiculous.

Old
08-14-2013, 03:11 PM
Habsfunk

On top of all the deaths connected to Walt, there's also the fact he has manufactured and distributed huge quantities of a high-quality, harmful drug and has no doubt ruined thousands of lives by doing so. I don't know much about meth, but I assume Walt's product is more addictive than lower-quality meth, so users are more prone to developing issues.

Old
08-14-2013, 03:30 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Better Call Saul View Post
Of all the bad things Walt has done, letting Jane die is the most forgivable of all. She was a toxic presence who would've kept coming back for more money, threatening all the while to tell his family and/or police about his double life. She was also an awful influence on Jesse. **** her.
I think it works both ways. She was doing fairly well before Jesse showed up.

Old
08-14-2013, 03:34 PM
guest1467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfunk View Post
On top of all the deaths connected to Walt, there's also the fact he has manufactured and distributed huge quantities of a high-quality, harmful drug and has no doubt ruined thousands of lives by doing so. I don't know much about meth, but I assume Walt's product is more addictive than lower-quality meth, so users are more prone to developing issues.
It is safer to use pure meth. Less adulterants means less potential side-effects.

But regardless, your point still stands.

Old
08-14-2013, 03:35 PM
BCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddahsmoka1 View Post
I think it works both ways. She was doing fairly well before Jesse showed up.
Valid point. I stand by the rest of what I said, though, about her blackmailing Walt.

Old
08-14-2013, 03:38 PM
Baarle*
Lähme looduses

Definitely hoping Walt comes out on top. Hoping hank and Skylar end up dead.

Old
08-14-2013, 05:51 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

Quote:
Originally Posted by committedindian86 View Post
The whole point of this show is the transformation of the good guy into the bad guy because of the corruption of money and power. Gilligan has said it, time and time again.
The fundamental narcissism (if you want to call it that) had to have been there all along though. Otherwise it's horribly written.

Old
08-14-2013, 11:31 PM
Shareefruck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
Already back last Sunday. 1 down, 7 episodes left!
Did not realize this.

Just caught up-- Great first episode. I like how the tone has drastically shifted since season 4, personally.

Old
08-15-2013, 09:58 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucanthanzalthetruth View Post
Saul's already getting his own spin-off, so I'm pretty certain he'll be o.k.
It could take place before Breaking Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumblin Erb Brooks View Post
I agree, but the OP makes a good point in that Hank is already capable of putting together that Saul is central to the entire scheme, being Badger's (and Mike's, for that matter) lawyer. Hank may try to pinch Saul for something to get him to roll on the others.

Anyways, how could Walt get past Saul's bodyguard?
Huell is slow and Walt has taken out people much, much more intelligent. It wouldn't be tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick0930 View Post
That boy Todd shot was innocent. He also could've saved Jane but chose not to.
Walt didn't shoot the kid, so that means nothing. He isn't at fault for that. And yeah he could have saved Jane, but she did it to herself and as mentioned already, she was a bad influence on Jesse and had already blackmailed Walt once. Would any humane person save her? Sure. But she had already ****ed with Walt once and she was likely going to pull Jesse down away. Walt made a decision, albeit a ****** one, but he didn't murder her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpinTheBlackCircle View Post
He poisoned a child.

He allowed a young woman to choke to death, which led to the deaths of dozens in a plane crash.

He makes a product that often leads to death.

He is evil.
You can't blame him for the plane crash. And Walt clearly felt remorseful about that, as indicated in the scene he was pulled over by a cop and started going on a rant about all the damage the crash did to his house and his family. It's not like he didn't give a **** about it, but it's not his fault.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawksFan74 View Post
Innocent? He has killed many to save himself. Gayle was the prime example, sure he didn't pull the trigger but he forced the issue. How many people does he have to kill to secure his way of life.

Jane, I think she dies eventually either way and probably takes Jesse with her.
I agree that Walt is not innocent AT ALL, but Gale is pretty much the only truly "innocent" person Walt has taken out. Everyone else was connected to the business, or was a direct threat to him, Jesse, his family or his secret. I'm not saying he is right in killing all these people, but it's not like he went out and killed random, innocent civilians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WordUp View Post
Walt is definitely the bad guy now and I still love him for it.
This. I can't help but want Walt to win. Jesse has been up there for me all along, and I hope he doesn't die either.

Old
08-15-2013, 10:01 AM
Ozz

I must be crazy as I appear to be the only one who sees Gale as "innocent" when he was a meth cook.

Old
08-15-2013, 10:04 AM
stingo

Walt, in a lot of people's eyes, is an anti-hero. I don't know if the creator of the show intended for this to happen, but it has. Many who watch the show are cheering for Walt. People feel for Walt. From the beginning of the show he was a pushover, that no one, including his family, took serious. He was constantly made fun of by Hank for not being a man. And then he turned into something not even Hank knew was possible.

For most, it will be hard for them to turn against Walt, even though they know they probably should. But flashbacks of the good, protective Walt race back into their minds - Walt blowing up Tuco's drugden after Tuco beat Jesse and put him in the hospital. When Walt ran over the drug dealers and saved Jesse from dying in a gun battle, etc, etc.

Because of these fond memories of Walt, they'll be cheering for him right up until the end, whatever happens, good or bad - myself included.

Old
08-15-2013, 10:16 AM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
I must be crazy as I appear to be the only one who sees Gale as "innocent" when he was a meth cook.
But compared to pretty much every other character involved in the business, he was clean. He didn't hurt anyone, he didn't threaten anyone, he didn't want any trouble. He didn't use drugs, he didn't have any issues.

Old
08-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Ozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Brown View Post
But compared to pretty much every other character involved in the business, he was clean. He didn't hurt anyone, he didn't threaten anyone, he didn't want any trouble. He didn't use drugs, he didn't have any issues.
I understand those points but the same people tend to further argue that "Walt produces a product that ruins lives and families", as if Gale didn't.

Old
08-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

The only episode I missed so far was the one where Walt ran down and shot the guys working the corner. Going to have to watch that one.

I can't wait for the next episode. I think this show tops Lost for my favorite TV series.

Old
08-15-2013, 01:07 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozz View Post
I understand those points but the same people tend to further argue that "Walt produces a product that ruins lives and families", as if Gale didn't.
So do people that work for Phillip Morris but.... this conversation goes on and on. Gale stated his rational fairly succinctly. He's a liberal and doesn't believe in the regulation of drugs, he believes they are going to get it somewhere so they might as well get what they pay for, free of other toxins/adulterants. It's more about the chemistry to him, not power or greed. Gale and Walt are not on the same level even if Gale is helping to produce a harmful product. They never went in to detail but I got the feeling Gale was not compensated on a level anywhere near Walt.

What I love about this show is people here debating the ethics and morals of certain characters, not the content. Says a lot about the quality of this show.

Old
08-15-2013, 01:21 PM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Quote:
So do people that work for Phillip Morris but.... this conversation goes on and on. Gale stated his rational fairly succinctly. He's a liberal and doesn't believe in the regulation of drugs, he believes they are going to get it somewhere so they might as well get what they pay for, free of other toxins/adulterants. It's more about the chemistry to him, not power or greed. Gale and Walt are not on the same level even if Gale is helping to produce a harmful product. They never went in to detail but I got the feeling Gale was not compensated on a level anywhere near Walt.

What I love about this show is people here debating the ethics and morals of certain characters, not the content. Says a lot about the quality of this show.
Water under the bridge, but from a business perspective, when you are trying to "buy" a second "party" (as Gus was essentially trying to buy Walt/his product), you will have to shell out more money than you do to keep your own employees happy.

Old
08-15-2013, 01:22 PM
Ozz

Quote:

I'm not saying Gale is equal to Walt, I'm just saying he's not a completely innocent party in the whole thing. While his reasons do make sense, it's still quite illegal.

Old
08-15-2013, 02:31 PM
Graveland
HONE YOUR CRAFT

Good and Evil don't exist, Walt is just doing what he must to survive and control his own destiny.

Old
08-15-2013, 02:33 PM
DBU
We Think We Know You

vCash: 132
Everyone should enjoy this. Of course, spoilers if you for some reason aren't current yet.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/br...blow-your-mind

Old
08-15-2013, 03:12 PM
StringerBell

I want everyone to die, I just hope Jesse finds his redemption first.

Old
08-15-2013, 03:29 PM
BCS

Quote:
He's a liberal
He said libertarian. And there was a Ron Paul sticker in his lab notes.

Old
08-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Rob Brown
Way She Goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBU View Post
Everyone should enjoy this. Of course, spoilers if you for some reason aren't current yet.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/robinedds/br...blow-your-mind
I've heard about and have been discussing with friends the whole "habits of people he killed" theory since last summer after the Season 5 premiere, and now like every website that talks about Breaking Bad is making it out to be some brand new, stunning revelation as if they all came up with it.

Old
08-15-2013, 04:37 PM
LightningStrikes
Klutcherov

I was bored so I watched both Don Eladio scenes again. Quality TV right there! Seriously Godfather-esque IMO.

Old
08-15-2013, 05:05 PM
tmurfin
500g1000pts

vCash: 100
Really want Walt to pull through on top, bad guy or not! Really don't know how it's going to end, it's hard for me to imagine them ending with Walt alive and well after all he's done.. But even than, that would be a hell of an ending to see everyone dead and Walt left alone to look back on all the damage he's done.

Old
08-15-2013, 06:00 PM
HawksFan74
Tread Lightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningStrikes View Post
I was bored so I watched both Don Eladio scenes again. Quality TV right there! Seriously Godfather-esque IMO.
Love the flashback with Don, Gus & his brother/partner in Hermonos. Tension is insane.

Closed Thread