HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2005-06 Ticket prices at the Bell Centre?

Closed Thread

Old
06-27-2005, 08:27 AM
Chet-Nick

vCash: 500
2005-06 Ticket prices at the Bell Centre?

Some organizations (Ottawa, Buffalo, San Jose) have already announced a decrease in their ticket prices for the upcoming season. Unlike the Leafs (MLSE) who are content staying with the status quo. I believe Bettman should have made a mandate by which every owner should ahve lowered the price of tickets by a minimum of 7-10%.

With the salary cap and 24% rollback on salaries. There's no reason for any owner to charge the same amount. Let alone implement an increase. The fans were robbed and received a huge slap on the face this winter. Owners need to do some constructive damage control and let the paying customer feel some relief when it comes to purchasing tickets. They owe it to us.

Have the Canadiens made any decision on this matter? I've yet to hear anything. I don't care whether it's big hockey market or not. There are many people with bitter feelings out there. I don't blame them either.

Old
06-27-2005, 11:05 AM
Traitor8

Nop... rds(Yvon Pednault) wrote an article on rds.ca that said that Montreal Canadiens have yet to announce anything for ticket prices for the upcoming season so we just going to have to wait and see.

Old
06-27-2005, 11:17 AM
Tricolore#20
PK PK PK

I was hearing on Edmonton radio that Canadian teams may not lower their ticket prices. They argued that if people don't want to pay the same prices, then somebody else will. This is Canada, and there are a lot of people who love hockey. Unfortunately, businesses are out to make money, and that's their right, if they feel they have enough support in their markets.

I do agree with you that they would have to "apologize" to the fans somehow. Perhaps once a month, they could give really cheap tickets, or some free promotion, if they chose not to lower prices for the entire season.

Old
06-27-2005, 11:25 AM
Hab at it

I would be a little surprised if Montreal lowered their tickets as they are, or were pre-lockout, the 2nd lowest for ticket prices in the league behind only Calgary for the cheapest.

Closed Thread