HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Jordan Eberle

Old
08-14-2013, 02:47 PM
rockinghockey

vCash: 500
MacDonagh is what I would want and I would add a bit to get him

rockinghockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:04 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Clutch is not a real thing.
I know, I know... and shooting percentage is not a skill.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:28 PM
OutForMilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottawa View Post
No jokes to be made, the Oilers will be one of the strongest playoff teams year after year hopefully soon so you will get that chance.

I'm not knocking on Eberle, although it might sound like I hate him. I think he is clutch but I don't think he'll be an impactful player in the league, maybe on the Oilers. Oiler fans will disagree with me here but I think he'll be next Sam Gagner (but better point production), fans will expect a lot from Eberle but he won't be as good as they thought/want him to but he will be consistent and they'll still be happy with him.
Like it or not, he already is an impactful player in the league. IMO, it sure seems alot of people on here like to dismiss his results so far as a fluke. He just got invited to the canadian olympic camp, so obviously actual nhl executives believe otherwise, I guess.

OutForMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 03:42 PM
ottawa

vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutForMilk View Post
Like it or not, he already is an impactful player in the league. IMO, it sure seems alot of people on here like to dismiss his results so far as a fluke. He just got invited to the canadian olympic camp, so obviously actual nhl executives believe otherwise, I guess.
What results? He's had one 70+ season and the other two were on pace for 60ish or less...I mean he's good, but he's not great. There are many 60 point players out there. I think he'll be an average 60 point player with a few 75pt peaks which isn't bad...but he's very overrated on these boards.

Also Kunitz and Marchand also got invited to the olympics, so that's not saying much. Neither of those 2 will make it just like Eberle so you're essentially bragging about his olympic invite as if its his best feat.

ottawa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:08 PM
OutForMilk

Quote:
What results? He's had one 70+ season and the other two were on pace for 60ish or less...I mean he's good, but he's not great. There are many 60 point players out there. I think he'll be an average 60 point player with a few 75pt peaks which isn't bad...but he's very overrated on these boards.

Also Kunitz and Marchand also got invited to the olympics, so that's not saying much. Neither of those 2 will make it just like Eberle so you're essentially bragging about his olympic invite as if its his best feat.
156 points in 195 nhl games= no results?
76 points in 78 games at age 21 = no results?

I was speaking about him being impactful to the game.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:10 PM
ottawa

Quote:
156 points in 195 nhl games= no results?
76 points in 78 games at age 21 = no results?

I was speaking about him being impactful to the game.
Oh, I thought by results you meant achievements as in trophies or amazing feats or something lol. Sorry, misunderstanding

08-14-2013, 04:15 PM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

Quote:

If you've got a substantial argument about Eberles performance, now is the time. The only thing you've seem to have done is look at nhl.com stats and formulate a lame speculative argument where you believe him to be "overrated".

Eberle has a 76 point season under his belt and was playing with a broken finger last year. He's no more overrated than karlsson is.

smackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:18 PM
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by smackdaddy View Post
If you've got a substantial argument about Eberles performance, now is the time. The only thing you've seem to have done is look at nhl.com stats and formulate a lame speculative argument where you believe him to be "overrated".

Eberle has a 76 point season under his belt and was playing with a broken finger last year. He's no more overrated than karlsson is.
I don't even know his stats off the top of my head...I just know he has one 70 point season and two other good seasons. I'm not saying he's bad...i'm just saying he's overrated when Oiler fans think Eberle for McDonagh is fair value or when they say Eberle will never be traded because he can never be expendable.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:21 PM
bucks_oil

Quote:
Oh, I thought by results you meant achievements as in trophies or amazing feats or something lol. Sorry, misunderstanding
Fact is... I went through it at length in another thread (Wpg-Edm trade proposal), there have been very, very few RW be as dominant on the scoreboard as Eberle this early in their career.

He hasn't even played his 23 year old season (just turned in May). That's the season where Giroux, Perry, Ryan, Nash (24 actually) etc.... ie STAR wingers... first hit 70 points. He's already done that.

The guy is a player. Whether he's going to be a top-20 winger (he was 11th in RW scoring this year, 5th last year) in this league or a top 10 is all that remains to be seen.

bucks_oil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
junyab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
The general consensus among most Oilers fans is Eberle is the least talented and most expendable player from the big 4..
If this is the "consensus", I'm befuddled.

IMO

Hall > Eberle > RNH = Yak

junyab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:23 PM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

Quote:
I don't even know his stats off the top of my head...I just know he has one 70 point season and two other good seasons. I'm not saying he's bad...i'm just saying he's overrated when Oiler fans think Eberle for McDonagh is fair value or when they say Eberle will never be traded because he can never be expendable.
How is a 76 point player overrated? The only way you'd believe that is if you think he is unable to repeat that production. To which I say, take a look at our top 6.

Yeah.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:25 PM
ottawa

Quote:
How is a 76 point player overrated? The only way you'd believe that is if you think he is unable to repeat that production. To which I say, take a look at our top 6.

Yeah.
Quote:
I bolded my previous post for you

Old
08-14-2013, 04:35 PM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

Quote:
I bolded my previous post for you
That's a great post, congrats. But we're talking about why you believe Eberle is too overrated to command a player of similar expectation.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:37 PM
MuzzaFuzza
#NinetySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by cramdizzl View Post
I'd offer something like Pysyk/McCabe + Larsson/Compher
And we'll hang up laughing. Don't waste our time or your's offering that pathetic package

MuzzaFuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:42 PM
MuzzaFuzza
#NinetySeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by sully1410 View Post
Clutch is not a real thing.
Aren't you the person that said shooting wasn't a skill in the WPG-EDM thread?

MuzzaFuzza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:44 PM
ottawa

Quote:
That's a great post, congrats. But we're talking about why you believe Eberle is too overrated to command a player of similar expectation.
Because McDonagh is simply better, he is a proven #1/2 D capable of handling huge chunks of minutes and he can contribute offensively too. Eberle is good, but the point production he's put up so far isn't rare, many players have put that up even at around his age. Only Oiler fans think Eberle is fair value for McDonagh

Old
08-14-2013, 04:45 PM
McShogun99

Quote:

So 1st team All Star/7th in league scoring Kunitz and arguably the best agitator in the league in Marchand. Sure sounds like they're inviting scrubs to the olympic camp....

Edit: Even on an off year Eberle was still 1th in scoring amongst RW's and 5th in scoring amongst Canadian RW's.

McShogun99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by junyab View Post
If this is the "consensus", I'm befuddled.

IMO

Hall > Eberle > RNH = Yak
Just no. Ask any Oilers fan Eberle is the least talented out of those 4 players.

Max Kellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 04:47 PM
smackdaddy
All Aboard

Quote:
Because McDonagh is simply better, he is a proven #1/2 D capable of handling huge chunks of minutes and he can contribute offensively too. Eberle is good, but the point production he's put up so far isn't rare, many players have put that up even at around his age. Only Oiler fans think Eberle is fair value for McDonagh
So what you're saying is a 76 point player isn't enough to land McDonagh. So what is? An 80 point player? 90?

Looks like your the one who's doing the overrating

Old
08-14-2013, 04:50 PM
ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogun99 View Post
So 1st team All Star/7th in league scoring Kunitz and arguably the best agitator in the league in Marchand. Sure sounds like they're inviting scrubs to the olympic camp....

Edit: Even on an off year Eberle was still 1th in scoring amongst RW's and 5th in scoring amongst Canadian RW's.
You're kidding yourself if you think Kunitz wasn't the product of Crosby, unless you seriously think he's a top 5 player in the league

And marchand is a great agitator, but again...you seriously think he's a better option over 13 other forwards??

Old
08-14-2013, 04:51 PM
ottawa

Quote:
So what you're saying is a 76 point player isn't enough to land McDonagh. So what is? An 80 point player? 90?

A 76 point player is good enough to land McDonagh, but a consistent 75+ point player, not a one time one. McDonagh is on an amazing long term contract its actually disgusting how good it is, and his age just makes it even sweeter.

Old
08-14-2013, 04:52 PM
Max Kellerman
dim jim

vCash: 50
Quote:

I like Eberle a lot, but you'd have to add to get McDonagh. Nothing against Eberle it's just McDonagh's that good.

Max Kellerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2013, 05:02 PM
OutForMilk

Quote:
A 76 point player is good enough to land McDonagh, but a consistent 75+ point player, not a one time one. McDonagh is on an amazing long term contract its actually disgusting how good it is, and his age just makes it even sweeter.
You sure do like to move the goalposts around. a 76 point player is good enough, but Eberle doesnt count, because he has only done it once so far? Is it so impossible that a 23 yr old player could repeat a performance he made at age 21? Its seems pretty premature to say he couldnt do it again.

Old
08-14-2013, 05:11 PM
ottawa

Quote:
You sure do like to move the goalposts around. a 76 point player is good enough, but Eberle doesnt count, because he has only done it once so far? Is it so impossible that a 23 yr old player could repeat a performance he made at age 21? Its seems pretty premature to say he couldnt do it again.
Yeah and it would be pretty premature to trade a reliable player like McDonagh for an unreliable player like Eberle. Sorry buddy, but one time =/= career so why would he be worth a top pairing D who has proven he can be reliable for 3 seasons in a row now and counting?

Old
08-14-2013, 05:18 PM
OutForMilk

Quote:
Yeah and it would be pretty premature to trade a reliable player like McDonagh for an unreliable player like Eberle. Sorry buddy, but one time =/= career so why would he be worth a top pairing D who has proven he can be reliable for 3 seasons in a row now and counting?
When did Eberle become unreliable? And no, one time does not = career, especially with a 23 yr old. In 3 years, he has done nothing but prove he is a legit 1st line right winger.