HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-30-2013, 01:25 PM
  #376
Locks
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Lehkonen also assisted Pither's 3-2 OT goal. 0+2 today.

7gp 3+5=8 for Lehkonen.
Lehkonen is a monster. Very impressive performance for an 18 year old. According to Pronman's list, he is our top forward prospect and second prospect overall after Beaulieu. And Grant also stated that he is right now ahead of Colberg.

Locks is offline  
Old
09-30-2013, 04:28 PM
  #377
Rick16
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 3,547
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glassbangers View Post
Lehkonen also assisted Pither's 3-2 OT goal. 0+2 today.

7gp 3+5=8 for Lehkonen.
If I'm not mistaken you rarely see an 18 yo averaging 1 pt per game or more in the SM-liiga?

Rick16 is online now  
Old
09-30-2013, 04:36 PM
  #378
Ezpz
No mad pls
 
Ezpz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 6,837
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
If I'm not mistaken you rarely see an 18 yo averaging 1 pt per game or more in the SM-liiga?
Usually there's one every year. The league has really fallen off in the last decade.

Ezpz is offline  
Old
09-30-2013, 05:43 PM
  #379
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick16 View Post
If I'm not mistaken you rarely see an 18 yo averaging 1 pt per game or more in the SM-liiga?
Though it is early in the season, what Lehkonen is doing is certainly noteworthy.

Last year, Juha-Pekka Haataja--31-years-old--led the league with 59 points in 60 games.

Barkov was an exceptional talent and at 18-years old, he had 48 points in 53 games. Everyone else in the Top 20 was 25-years old or older with the exception of Jere Sallinen who is 23.

Sam I Am is offline  
Old
09-30-2013, 06:23 PM
  #380
thomast
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 2,700
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
Though it is early in the season, what Lehkonen is doing is certainly noteworthy.

Last year, Juha-Pekka Haataja--31-years-old--led the league with 59 points in 60 games.

Barkov was an exceptional talent and at 18-years old, he had 48 points in 53 games. Everyone else in the Top 20 was 25-years old or older with the exception of Jere Sallinen who is 23.
Barkov was 17 year old doing that. Granlund was other guy before that. Then we have to go back to when Olli Jokinen was drafted. Jokinen had 41 points +50 games. Lehkonen has been really effective. At the games i've watched he has not stood out but still ended up on scoresheet. I like his attitude to play in defensive zone and if everything goes well he could be very good PKer. He has been key PK player for junior national team as long i remember.

thomast is offline  
Old
09-30-2013, 07:43 PM
  #381
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomast View Post
Barkov was 17 year old doing that. Granlund was other guy before that. Then we have to go back to when Olli Jokinen was drafted. Jokinen had 41 points +50 games. Lehkonen has been really effective. At the games i've watched he has not stood out but still ended up on scoresheet. I like his attitude to play in defensive zone and if everything goes well he could be very good PKer. He has been key PK player for junior national team as long i remember.
To put it in context, Teuvo Teräväinen had 31 points in 44 games last year, good for 5th on his team and 37th in the league. He is a year older than Lehkonen so going into lsat season he was the same age is Lehkonen is now.

His season was excellent--but a long way from a point per game. If Lehkonen keeps up his pace this season (now 8 points in 7 games)--and it is optimistic to think he can--it will auger very, very well for the Habs.


Last edited by Sam I Am: 09-30-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Sam I Am is offline  
Old
09-30-2013, 08:05 PM
  #382
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam I Am View Post
To put it in context, Teuvo Teräväinen had 31 points in 44 games last year, good for 5th on his team and 37th in the league. He is a year older than Lehkonen so going into lsat season he was the same age is Lehkonen is now.

His season was excellent--but a long way from a point per game. If Lehkonen keeps up his pace this season (now 8 points in 7 games)--and it is optimistic to think he can--it will auger very, very well for the Habs.
Good points. It should also be noted that Lehkonen should only get better as the season goes on, given that he turned 18 only a couple of months ago. A very encouraging start.

Grant McCagg is online now  
Old
09-30-2013, 08:11 PM
  #383
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
I just went to the Finnish league stats page - apparently he's 50th in league scoring with 3 points in 4 games......not sure where you get 8 points.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...ga&season=2013

Grant McCagg is online now  
Old
09-30-2013, 08:17 PM
  #384
HCH
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: The Wild West
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I just went to the Finnish league stats page - apparently he's 50th in league scoring with 3 points in 4 games......not sure where you get 8 points.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...ga&season=2013
Probably from http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=147613

The stats per player page only show 4 games played on the elite prospects site but the league standing show 7 games played on the same site. There looks to be a lag in posting the player stats.


Last edited by HCH: 09-30-2013 at 08:22 PM.
HCH is online now  
Old
09-30-2013, 08:43 PM
  #385
Grant McCagg
@grantmccagg
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 3,150
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Probably from http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=147613

The stats per player page only show 4 games played on the elite prospects site but the league standing show 7 games played on the same site. There looks to be a lag in posting the player stats.

Ok - thanks. Elite prospects stats are usually better than hockeydb...especially when it came to euro stats.

Grant McCagg is online now  
Old
09-30-2013, 10:50 PM
  #386
thomashefe
Registered User
 
thomashefe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,042
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
Ok - thanks. Elite prospects stats are usually better than hockeydb...especially when it came to euro stats.
You can toss the official sm liiga website address into google translate and then check the stats straight from the source!

thomashefe is offline  
Old
09-30-2013, 11:03 PM
  #387
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,466
vCash: 500
Lehkonen is kind of awesome.

Et le But is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 12:46 AM
  #388
kernkraft
Registered User
 
kernkraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
De La Rose, Lehkonen, Fucale, Collberg

Not having 2nd round picks for 3 straight years really hurt us. Not saying these guys are sure bets, but they're almost first round talents.

kernkraft is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 05:11 AM
  #389
Whitesnake
Steel your Habs away
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 53,683
vCash: 725
So no news on McCarron. The injuries that happens to our players from regulars to prospects are just insane.

Whitesnake is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 08:03 AM
  #390
Sam I Am
Registered User
 
Sam I Am's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,572
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I just went to the Finnish league stats page - apparently he's 50th in league scoring with 3 points in 4 games......not sure where you get 8 points.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...ga&season=2013

There's also this site--in case your Finnish is a little rusty. You get the overall picture not just individual stats though yesterday's game is not yet included.



http://www.eurohockey.com/stats/league/2013/128-sm-liiga.html?season=2014&type=1&position=0&nationali ty=0

Sam I Am is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 08:09 AM
  #391
eddy
Registered User
 
eddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,677
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
I just went to the Finnish league stats page - apparently he's 50th in league scoring with 3 points in 4 games......not sure where you get 8 points.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/league...ga&season=2013
The league website has him with 8 points in 7 games. Tied for 3rd overall in points.

http://www.liiga.fi/tilastot/kokonaa...isteet&s=13-14

eddy is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 04:30 PM
  #392
Treb
Registered User
 
Treb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,428
vCash: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
The league website has him with 8 points in 7 games. Tied for 3rd overall in points.

http://www.liiga.fi/tilastot/kokonaa...isteet&s=13-14
He also is 2 points in front of the 2nd guy (Sami Kapanen) on his team. Usually a sign he's not carried by a teammate. He also shoots a lot, almost 4 shots per game.

http://www.liiga.fi/tilastot/kokonaa...e=&l=k_pisteet

Treb is offline  
Old
10-01-2013, 06:08 PM
  #393
dackelljuneaubulis02
Registered User
 
dackelljuneaubulis02's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 2,751
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
He also is 2 points in front of the 2nd guy (Sami Kapanen) on his team. Usually a sign he's not carried by a teammate. He also shoots a lot, almost 4 shots per game.

http://www.liiga.fi/tilastot/kokonaa...e=&l=k_pisteet
That's great! I'm very partial to the SOG stat.

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 05:33 PM
  #394
Steve Shutt
Don't Poke the Bear
 
Steve Shutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Country: Colombia
Posts: 444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kernkraft View Post
De La Rose, Lehkonen, Fucale, Collberg

Not having 2nd round picks for 3 straight years really hurt us. Not saying these guys are sure bets, but they're almost first round talents.
Thrower is part of that group as well

Steve Shutt is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 05:52 PM
  #395
kernkraft
Registered User
 
kernkraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Shutt View Post
Thrower is part of that group as well
Yes, but he's only regressed since his draft year and is going to be an overager this season in the W. I couldn't have put his name in the same context as those I mentioned.

kernkraft is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 06:08 PM
  #396
FazChenyuk
Registered User
 
FazChenyuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 1,759
vCash: 500
Thrower should have played in hamilton if you want my opinion. He would have learned a lot in the AHL, he cant be any worse then morgan ellis

FazChenyuk is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 06:12 PM
  #397
Johnny B Good
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 212
vCash: 500
Is McCarron playing?

Johnny B Good is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 06:19 PM
  #398
kernkraft
Registered User
 
kernkraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kanata
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,095
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik963 View Post
Is McCarron playing?
http://www.ontariohockeyleague.com/s...how/game/66233

Apparently not

kernkraft is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 06:36 PM
  #399
habsprospects
Irresponsible User
 
habsprospects's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Sherbrooke, Québec
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,159
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik963 View Post
Is McCarron playing?
shoulder, out 1-2 weeks.

__________________

Habs Prospects website
habsprospects is offline  
Old
10-02-2013, 07:46 PM
  #400
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 33,721
vCash: 500
Reway not playing...injured?

Monctonscout is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.