HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-13-2013, 05:24 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Wow, just saw Mantha's numbers. Pretty ridiculous...4 short handed goals in 9 games already.

Old
10-13-2013, 05:30 PM
dackelljuneaubulis02

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by vad87 View Post
2 more goals for Gregoire today and an assist. 2nd to Mantha in the league goal scoring with 12 goals in 10 games.
jeepers. I'm sure Gregoire would've won leastly likely to rip it up out of this year's draft class. Mind you I didn't know he was drafted 5th overall in the Q draft.

Old
10-13-2013, 05:45 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Wow, just saw Mantha's numbers. Pretty ridiculous...4 short handed goals in 9 games already.
He is over 3 pts per game, 16 goals 12 assists 28 pts in 9 games played..

Thats actually a better production pace than Crosby's last season in the Q, thats insanely crazy!

Old
10-13-2013, 05:48 PM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post

Thats actually a better production pace than Crosby's last season in the Q, thats insanely crazy!
Sweet Jesus! Is he still soft?

Old
10-13-2013, 05:51 PM
jedimyrmidon

Quote:

That is pretty unbelievable. I wonder if he'll keep it up.

Old
10-13-2013, 07:18 PM
That

Video of Gregoire's 3 points from tonight:

Sorry for the sound, the source was messed up like that too.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:30 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Video of Gregoire's 3 points from tonight:

Sorry for the sound, the source was messed up like that too.
It's not your fault, Telus blows.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:32 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:

Not sure he can keep that pace, but that's very impressive. He's carrying the Foreurs pretty badly.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:33 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

vCash: 725
Wonder what would have been the mood now if Mantha would have indeed be our pick....pretty sure the "soft" label would start to dissapear....Any player that size, with those numbers in his rookie year, no matter the league, HAD to be taken into consideration. Remains to be seen how from Rychel and Mantha will have a better NHL career.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:37 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Wonder what would have been the mood now if Mantha would have indeed be our pick....pretty sure the "soft" label would start to dissapear....Any player that size, with those numbers in his rookie year, no matter the league, HAD to be taken into consideration. Remains to be seen how from Rychel and Mantha will have a better NHL career.
Mantha was the best goal scorer in the crop and even his biggest critics couldn't deny that.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:39 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
Mantha was the best goal scorer in the crop and even his biggest critics couldn't deny that.
I understand that a soft label HAS to be taken into consideration. But I saw him play often and I think that it was slightly overplayed. He will not go out of his way to make contacts. But I'm not going to say that he was running away from it either. Anyway, honestly, thank god he was gone before we picked. 'Cause pretty sure Grant did say that he was not in the books. Can't imagine if he succeeds the kind of freakin circus it would have been.....

Old
10-13-2013, 08:44 PM
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP

Quote:
I understand that a soft label HAS to be taken into consideration. But I saw him play often and I think that it was slightly overplayed. He will not go out of his way to make contacts. But I'm not going to say that he was running away from it either. Anyway, honestly, thank god he was gone before we picked. 'Cause pretty sure Grant did say that he was not in the books. Can't imagine if he succeeds the kind of freakin circus it would have been.....
Moot point. He was picked before ours. So we can just, you know, focus on our prospects.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:48 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedimyrmidon View Post
That is pretty unbelievable. I wonder if he'll keep it up.
Very doubtful but thats still a pretty crazy start..

Old
10-13-2013, 08:48 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
Moot point. He was picked before ours. So we can just, you know, focus on our prospects.
But what if?

Just kidding.

Old
10-13-2013, 08:54 PM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekeLikeYouMeanIt View Post
How come you didn't say that to posters who brought him in this thread? By the way, it's all about versatility....focus is still on our prospects, don't worry.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:17 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
There had to be some serious concerns about him making the transition to NHL hockey or he wouldn't have lasted until 20th overall.

He wouldn't be the first guy to light it up in junior and not be able to make it in the NHL.

Old
10-13-2013, 09:44 PM
SergeConstantin74
Always right.

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
There had to be some serious concerns about him making the transition to NHL hockey or he wouldn't have lasted until 20th overall.

He wouldn't be the first guy to light it up in junior and not be able to make it in the NHL.
He might have fallen because of age. He was one day away from being a 2012 draft prospect and wouldn't have been a 1st rounder then.

Old
10-13-2013, 11:07 PM
HCH

Quote:
Reminds me of the tag hung on Mike Bossy.

Old
10-14-2013, 08:12 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

It's the draft. Tons of players that were chosen after 20 ended up really good despite the concerns. My point was that even at our rank, a kid who scores 50 goals in any league has to be seriously considered and a supposed soft label was overplayed.

Old
10-14-2013, 08:29 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Watched the Sags/Gatineau game, was perhaps the most entertaining game I've watched so far this season, lots of back and forth action. Good game from both Hudon and Reway as either could have easily ended up with 3 or 4 points as both were highly involved in the offensive zone.

Reway showed excellent speed/skating/mobility and he set up 2 goals with some slick passes. Hudon played the best game I've seen from him this season, scored a nice goal from the slot and set up another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
De La Rose with an assist so far today.
Heard that he saw time on the 1st line, he must be really impressing the coaching staff as he's gone from the 4th line to mostly 3rd line, I heard he saw some time on the 2nd line before and now the 1st line (though I don't know how true this is as i'm having trouble finding any streams for SHL games)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mue View Post
Crisp scored. Has anyone caught any of his games this season?
I haven't finished watching yesterdays game but I saw much of it. His goal was scored on the backhand but he should never have been left so alone. Big frame but he will need to find a way to get quicker, more explosive.

Old
10-14-2013, 08:35 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Salem

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeConstantin74 View Post
He might have fallen because of age. He was one day away from being a 2012 draft prospect and wouldn't have been a 1st rounder then.
Exactly.. This kid is essentially in his 2nd year post draft. Of course he's going to put up big numbers because he can score. However, we were all about building a play-off team with hard-nose players who can chip in offensively, hence the De La Rose, McCarron and Crisp selections. Lehkonen is every bit the sniper that Mantha is and is producing against men, once again, and we got him more than a full round after Mantha while getting McCarron, De La Rose and Fucale.

I think we'll all be fine when we see, IF Mantha makes the league and goes into the play-offs, that his stat line will look an awful lot like a 4th liner.

Old
10-14-2013, 10:46 AM
hogtownhabsfan*

Quote:
Mantha was at the top of my list. He was labelled "soft" because he's 6'4" but plays a pure snipers game. If he was 5'10" noone would be labelling him soft. An example of his height being treated as detriment. As long as he uses his size to get in position to score, that's all that matters.

Old
10-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogtownhabsfan View Post
Mantha was at the top of my list. He was labelled "soft" because he's 6'4" but plays a pure snipers game. If he was 5'10" noone would be labelling him soft. An example of his height being treated as detriment. As long as he uses his size to get in position to score, that's all that matters.
I guess we are being careful with big guys who are soft with the Latendresse experiment. And people also remember Pierre Dagenais. And also understand that, me included, want our team to be yes bigger, but tougher and grittier. But sometimes....there are just things you can't ignore. And a insane offensive touch was not to be ignored. Top 5 pick? Of course not. Clearly not last year. But #15 for me would not have been crazy. The idea is to often go with guys that has 1 insane quality. Morin was picked #11 'cause his insane quality was his mix of size and overall IQ game that improved over the year. I see Pulock and Morrissey in the top 15 and frankly, don't see how having Mantha's name would have been THAT out of the blue.

Going back to the purpose of the thread though.....while I wasn't incredibley thrilled at the time, I am now for McCarron. We made a very good pick.

Old
10-14-2013, 11:05 AM
Whitesnake
Here we go again!

Crisp lack of speed is the reason behind that goal.... Kid does have a very good backhand though.

Old
10-14-2013, 11:06 AM
FazChenyuk

Wish Mantha fallen to us a , a tall player that can score. Gregoire is also very young, if he would have been 11 days younger, he would be a 2014 eligible. Look it on the bright side, we wanted valentin zykov but gregoire is outscoring him, that was good work of timmins. Mccaron or mantha? I would say mantha not even thinking it twice but i like mike's ceiling as third or fourth line player. definitely knows how to use his size. A future Moen replacement lets say.

Last edited by FazChenyuk: 10-14-2013 at 11:20 AM.
Closed Thread