HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013-2014 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects thread

Closed Thread

Old
10-18-2013, 05:33 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tusk View Post
I think a full season under Don Hay will be fine for him, regardless of the strength of the team.
And he'll presumably just sign and come up with the Dogs for the end of the season anyway, if he doesn't get traded in the WHL. One silver lining to being on a weak team is that he gets to be The Guy, have a leadership role, all that.

Old
10-18-2013, 06:59 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
De La Rose with his 2nd of the season.
http://www.shl.se/shl-arena/38550/

DLR #9 blue

Nice goal from going to the net hard. Between him and McCarron we are going to have two big bodies that crash the net all the time.

Old
10-18-2013, 08:33 PM
Habbadasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post
Thanks for the report. How did his skating look?
Vail's skating looked OHL average to me, he was definitely not one of the fastest.

Old
10-18-2013, 11:39 PM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMTL View Post
I have a good feeling about this kid. Love his attitude and the way he seems to thrive in pressure situations and when the game is on the line. Can't wait to see him for Team Canada at the World Juniors.
I was reading the Edmonton newspaper and MacTavish was saying they were gonna draft Furcale with their 2nd round pick which was 2 apicks after Habs picked him.

Old
10-19-2013, 12:43 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

I'm surprised McCarron doesn't have that many points considering who well he played in preseason.

Old
10-19-2013, 07:36 AM
WeThreeKings
DJ Nikita

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'm surprised McCarron doesn't have that many points considering who well he played in preseason.
He hasn't been seeing the score sheet much since that shoulder injury. If he's not playing with Horvat and Domi, then I'm not too concerned, I don't think we see him as the straw that stirs the drink, he's a menacing complimentary player.

Old
10-19-2013, 08:45 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Even Hunter at some point said that he wasn't expecting a whole lot of stats till mid-season. I'm not too surprised or panicked over it. Doesn't seem like he's playing top 6 either. Seems to me that he's at the point wondering what he can or can't do and what type of player he can become.

Old
10-19-2013, 03:09 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Bozon showing skill at the start and then his goon side.

Old
10-19-2013, 03:51 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by That View Post

Well the first thing that stands out is his level of intensity. He's always working hard and giving it his all every shift. His skating looks average, but it's pretty hard to tell how good or bad someone's skating is on an incredibly low quality stream.

Skill wise, he's pulled off some pretty nice moves in viewings, but he doesn't do them often. Good wrister with great accuracy and he's terrific down low. Like I said though, his hustle stands out to me the most.

Hopefully someone who has seem him play more can talk about his progression and his upside.
All this is bang on. I would add that he's also chippy and can hold his own in a tilt and that he was seen as a top prospect in the 'Q draft, going 6th( I said 5th earlier on this thread, was one rank off) overall, behind Mackinnon, Drouin and Matt Murphy amongst others.

He himself compares his game to Patrice Bergeron, and while such an upside is not out of reach, that would be a big surprise for me. He does play a similar game though.

He's a very complete player, not unlike Bournival was it's true, but he doesn't have Michael's footspeed.

I think he's more creative with the puck than Bournival is, less straight-forward to the net. You'll notice that most of his goals come from 5 feet or less away from the crease, that's where he's going to score goals from.

I think Grégoire could become a defensive center for the Habs, one that excels in the faceoffs and on PK, that could chip in every now and then offensively.

His ceiling might be a guy like Dave Bolland, but everything would have to fall in place for him to become as good.

So far, he's on the right track. I think getting drafted by the Habs gave him a huge boost in confidence, and it showed in camp.

I've been following Jérémy since his Bantam AA days. He's coming from a hockey family, his father actually played in the 'Q too, before later playing in the LNAH. His grand-father coached the Faucons de Sherbrooke a while ago and both Jean-François(father) and Jacques(Grand-Father) are implied in minor hockey here in Sherbrooke.

He knows what it takes to become a Pro, and he's already acting like a Pro. He's training in Bromptonville during the summer with a lot of hockey players from Sherbrooke, David Perron being one of them.

Here's what I wrote the day of the draft about him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuebecPride View Post
REALLY happy with this pick. As the regulars on the draft threads know, I'm very high on this kid and have personally drafted him in the 4th in the 2nd mock draft of the Habs board.

Grégoire is from my hometown, and I've been following him for a few years now, dating from the days he was in Bantam AA.

Grégoire was one of the youngest players of this draft with Barkov and Mackinnon. He's a two-way Center that plays a tough, physical game. He has to work on his skating, but he gets around alright. The olympic ice in Chicoutimi didn't really help his case.

He's a guy who is built for the playoffs. He went on a tear in the post-season and scored half of what he did during the whole year.

He's a warrior that will do anything to win(block shots, win faceoffs, drop the gloves).

He was originally a top5 pick in the 'Q draft in 2011, so the potential is certainly there.

I think he could make it as a 3rd/4th liner in the NHL.
Quote:
I think he is more of a long shot than those two. I also think he has eventually more offensive potential than Bournival has. Vail being the player with the highest potential amongst the three.

I'd say Grégoire is a lot tougher than the two others, even though Bournival and Vail are not softies, Grégoire can really be mean.

I know he's not afraid to drop the gloves, but I'm not quite sure yet if moving on to the pros he'll still be as aggressive physically of if he'll settle down because he won't be able to backup his play. That's probably the only question mark I have as far as his type of game goes, because for the rest, he's a gamer.

As pointed out, he'll have to work on his explosion on skates, but that's not too worrisome. He's definitely the worst of the three in that department though, Bournival being the faster skater.

Grégoire comes from a family of hockey players (his father played in the LNAH for Sherbrooke and his grand-father coached the Faucons de Sherbrooke in the 'Q).

Old
10-19-2013, 11:58 PM
c3z4r

vCash: 3750
Quote:
All this is bang on. I would add that he's also chippy and can hold his own in a tilt and that he was seen as a top prospect in the 'Q draft, going 6th( I said 5th earlier on this thread, was one rank off) overall, behind Mackinnon, Drouin and Matt Murphy amongst others.

He himself compares his game to Patrice Bergeron, and while such an upside is not out of reach, that would be a big surprise for me. He does play a similar game though.

He's a very complete player, not unlike Bournival was it's true, but he doesn't have Michael's footspeed.

I think he's more creative with the puck than Bournival is, less straight-forward to the net. You'll notice that most of his goals come from 5 feet or less away from the crease, that's where he's going to score goals from.

I think Grégoire could become a defensive center for the Habs, one that excels in the faceoffs and on PK, that could chip in every now and then offensively.

His ceiling might be a guy like Dave Bolland, but everything would have to fall in place for him to become as good.

So far, he's on the right track. I think getting drafted by the Habs gave him a huge boost in confidence, and it showed in camp.

I've been following Jérémy since his Bantam AA days. He's coming from a hockey family, his father actually played in the 'Q too, before later playing in the LNAH. His grand-father coached the Faucons de Sherbrooke a while ago and both Jean-François(father) and Jacques(Grand-Father) are implied in minor hockey here in Sherbrooke.

He knows what it takes to become a Pro, and he's already acting like a Pro. He's training in Bromptonville during the summer with a lot of hockey players from Sherbrooke, David Perron being one of them.

Wow, great write-up. It's always interesting to know more about prospects.

Thanks

Old
10-20-2013, 06:01 AM
charlie

Nice game by Connor Crisp last night......2 goals 1 assist. He now has 13pts in 11games along with 37 pms and is +7.

Old
10-20-2013, 09:32 AM
HCH

Quote:

Great post. These kinds of comments keep me coming back to HF

Old
10-20-2013, 10:46 AM
Hannibal
Brandon Prust FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Nice game by Connor Crisp last night......2 goals 1 assist. He now has 13pts in 11games along with 37 pms and is +7.
Crisp is gonna be an NHLer. He's awesome.

Old
10-20-2013, 06:06 PM
QuebecPride
@Etienne_Pouliot

Quote:
Originally Posted by c3z4r View Post
Wow, great write-up. It's always interesting to know more about prospects.

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by HCH View Post
Great post. These kinds of comments keep me coming back to HF
You're welcome

Old
10-20-2013, 08:39 PM
NotProkofievian

Saw Reway got 3 points (1g 2a) in a back to back to back weekend, including 1 + 1 today. Has anyone been watching him play?

Old
10-21-2013, 12:00 AM
Madevilz

so Bozon, not that good without his two other buddies in the AHL huh

Old
10-21-2013, 03:53 AM
ChoseLa

Grégoire seems to be smilling as much as Gallagher, great news!

Old
10-21-2013, 05:44 PM
Treb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madevilz View Post
so Bozon, not that good without his two other buddies in the AHL huh
Well 7 in 13 isn't that bad considering he was 1 in 6 at the start. He's tied 4th on his team.

Old
10-21-2013, 06:17 PM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treb View Post
Well 7 in 13 isn't that bad considering he was 1 in 6 at the start. He's tied 4th on his team.
He seems to be real streaky. Pure goalscorers often are. They usually score in bunches and then disappear for a while. When they're on, the puck just ends up on their stick at the right time. Gionta is a bit like that. You watch him for games at a time and wonder how he ever scored 48 goals in a season. Then you look at the stat line a few games later and you see he's on pace for about 25-30 goals in a season.

But the Gionta example is about more than the streakiness of goalscorers. I think he's a good example of how hard you have to work at the other parts of the game to stay in the top 6 and contribute in small ways even when you're not scoring.

Anyway, he's another prospect I don't know much about in terms of immediate viewing. But my general sense is that he has a scoring instinct that you can't teach, and parts to his game that need learning to play pro. So, if he's not putting up points but working hard on getting better in other ways, then I wouldn't be too concerned.

Old
10-21-2013, 07:34 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

So, Sportsnet are doing the same thing with the London Knights that they did with the Saskatoon Blades last year.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...cup-episode-1/

Habs Prospects website
Old
10-21-2013, 08:38 PM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
So, Sportsnet are doing the same thing with the London Knights that they did with the Saskatoon Blades last year.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/junio...cup-episode-1/
It's nor working for me, am I the only one? I tried with Chrome and Firefox..

Old
10-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Team_Spirit
Gangsta Pleks

vCash: 1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
It's nor working for me, am I the only one? I tried with Chrome and Firefox..
works fine with chrome, update your flash player.

edit just watched it, its pretty cool. McCarron dropping bombs and scoring. Prust Habs jersey sighting in the trainers room.

Last edited by Team_Spirit: 10-21-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old
10-21-2013, 10:00 PM
Et le But

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
Crisp is gonna be an NHLer. He's awesome.
He's still an overager...but he's making a strong case at least. He has as many points as Hartman, which is a good sign.

Old
10-21-2013, 10:11 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
He's still an overager...but he's making a strong case at least. He has as many points as Hartman, which is a good sign.
1994 born players are not overagers, Crisp is born in 1994.

Old
10-22-2013, 01:36 PM
crakced

Bozon has been traded to Kootenay

http://www.kootenayice.net/article/i...zers-make-deal

He may get a chance to play with Sam Reinhardt now.

Closed Thread