HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013 Redskins Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
09-18-2013, 01:40 PM
  #326
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Hivemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 15,481
vCash: 500
Teaching the defense how to ****ing tackle is absolutely the coach's responsibility. If they can't tackle, they shouldn't be playing.

Hivemind is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 02:55 PM
  #327
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,594
vCash: 714
If coaching cant be blamed for tackling, can we blame coaches for wasting months pushing years of practice and planning time for Brandon "I'm gonna knock me out" Meriweather to be our starting safety? What a charade its been. It has to end.

Over / under on games for his this year was .5 and I took under. Aikman called him out for the season.

So Reed goes in and misses tackles when normally he is one of our better DBs at it. He probably has had zero reps with the first team. He is rusty. If RG3 gets a pass, Reed does too. For both being rusty, I blame coaching.

Coaches could have stayed with Mad Wiliams. On a pipedream they hoped 2 late picks or BM would be an improvement. That's how bad things are, as early returns say they failed to improve. Willams like all players have to used to their strengths to be effective. When we went aggressive, he was a regular on our D that led us to 6 straight wins. It fit his style. Coaching made him able to help.

Having our young DBs playing off is not using them to their aggressive youthful selves. They fly up and whiff. We are running a ton of Cover 3 to protect Rambo.

All guys know how to tackle, run, hit. The rest is all coaching. Haslet is probably calling such bizarre packages the kids are probably lost.

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 03:39 PM
  #328
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,998
vCash: 500
How I felt after watching these last two games:



How I will feel if we beat the Lions:



How I will feel if we lose to the Lions:


AlexBrovechkin8 is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 06:06 PM
  #329
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Teaching the defense how to ****ing tackle is absolutely the High School coach's responsibility. If they can't tackle, they shouldn't be playing.
Fixed....if guys don't know how to tackle by now, poor drafting IMO.

Too many guys in the NFL just want to try to blow up the ball carrier in spectacular fashion instead of making the sure wrap up tackle.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 06:06 PM
  #330
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,607
vCash: 500
I can't for the life of me understand why the Browns trade away Richardson.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 06:16 PM
  #331
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?
 
NobodyBeatsTheWiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Old Town
Posts: 20,611
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCupFantasy View Post
I can't for the life of me understand why the Browns trade away Richardson.
Very easy to understand, IMO.

It's the same reason they drafted a 28 year-old QB in the first round.

It's the Browns. They're damned to be incompetent.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 06:35 PM
  #332
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest
 
RandyHolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Poland
Posts: 25,594
vCash: 714
LOL the Browns!!!

@wethog, the Jets wanted to resign Landry. They are rebuilding and couldn't pay top dollar for a safety when they don't have a QB. He hit the jackpot on his one year discount to play there. It was never assumed he would resign there.

Quote:
LaRon Landry — The Jets have made it plain that they would like Landry to return, especially considering Landry’s athleticism, speed, and ability to play the one-high which Ryan loves … moreso considering that the Jets might be without Darrelle Revis in 2013.
/
http://thejetsblog.com/news/quick-lo...ts-free-agents

Skins fans hated him because he celebrated at the wrong times. and because he told team doctors to go **** themselves when they told him to get surgery.

He didn't need it, he was right. Meanwhile, Davis and Helu look a little slower this year to me. LL did get injured a few times but those same doctors may have had a hand in that too.

He is not perfect, he goes for the kill shot, but he was not used properly here (cover 2 FS) and became a lightning rod for fans.

RandyHolt is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 06:59 PM
  #333
BrettXNA*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
If Hasletts job isnt to coach then was it ? A coach job isnt just to scheme
but to correct deficencies in their players games.

BrettXNA* is offline  
Old
09-18-2013, 11:00 PM
  #334
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
Can't blame that on coaching, but I am sure you and others will try.

#37 missing 2 tackles on that play is especially hilarious.
Tackling aside, the defense has had constant miscommunications, sloppy coverage, and no creativity when it comes to disguising blitzes/coverages. I assume you think that's not on the Haslett either.

Capitlols is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:17 AM
  #335
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,607
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
Very easy to understand, IMO.

It's the same reason they drafted a 28 year-old QB in the first round.

It's the Browns. They're damned to be incompetent.
I mean what are they thinking that he's wasted on their team right now because they don't have the QB they really want and the lifespan of RBs are short? Maybe they're thinking they won't be a contender when he's still in his prime. It's mind boggling.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:19 AM
  #336
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,607
vCash: 500
It's kind of funny/sad, not funny/HAHA to see people reacting. I think/thought the Skins massively overachieved last season. With RG3, out of Superman mode for the time being, I'm not surprised at the start. Calls for coaching changes right now are a waste of time IMO.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 03:31 PM
  #337
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,998
vCash: 500
I think we put it together this weekend. Not sure why, and not based on logic, just a feeling... so they'll probably lose.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 10:34 PM
  #338
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,781
vCash: 500
The NFC East suuuucks

Capitlols is offline  
Old
09-19-2013, 11:13 PM
  #339
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
The NFC East suuuucks
Which will make losing Sunday infuriating, should it happen.

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 05:52 AM
  #340
BrettXNA*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
I have to give Haslett credit for one thing so far this season - making Chip Kelley look like an NFL head coach.

BrettXNA* is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 08:10 AM
  #341
Ridley Simon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 5,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettXNA View Post
I have to give Haslett credit for one thing so far this season - making Chip Kelley look like an NFL head coach.
That not entirely fair. Redskins turned over the ball first 2 times they had it, and the defense had that score. Eagles fast paced offense had like 4 straight drives.....lasting the entire first 20 minutes, basically.

Of course the D was gassed. The time of possession was skewed, and that was that (Eagles haven't had that happen for them again)

Ridley Simon is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 08:22 AM
  #342
BobRouse
Registered User
 
BobRouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 8,387
vCash: 500
My hopes for the year have taken a big hit after what we have witnessed the first 2 games.

I just keep thinking "Oh no...we suck again!"

There is not one facet of the team thats any good right now. All three have sucked.

BobRouse is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 09:50 AM
  #343
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystlyfe View Post
Teaching the defense how to ****ing tackle is absolutely the coach's responsibility. If they can't tackle, they shouldn't be playing.
Football players that play defense learn pursit angles and how to make open field tackles at an early age, and it doesn't change threw HS, College and the Pro's. These are professionals. You don't make it to the pro level needing constant coaching on how to make an open field tackle.

Having said that, it is possible watching that .gif again, that the NFL cracking down on defensive players hitting ball carriers may have contributed to that key stone cops episode. Now defensive players go low first in an effort to avoid the possibility of a hit that can hit their wallet.

WetHog is online now  
Old
09-20-2013, 10:05 AM
  #344
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
LOL the Browns!!!

@wethog, the Jets wanted to resign Landry. They are rebuilding and couldn't pay top dollar for a safety when they don't have a QB. He hit the jackpot on his one year discount to play there. It was never assumed he would resign there.



http://thejetsblog.com/news/quick-lo...ts-free-agents

Skins fans hated him because he celebrated at the wrong times. and because he told team doctors to go **** themselves when they told him to get surgery.

He didn't need it, he was right. Meanwhile, Davis and Helu look a little slower this year to me. LL did get injured a few times but those same doctors may have had a hand in that too.

He is not perfect, he goes for the kill shot, but he was not used properly here (cover 2 FS) and became a lightning rod for fans.
There is more to the Landry story then what you mentioned. How about Landry never, ever, taking part in the Skins offseason program? He even told good old Gibbs to piss off. And he didn't need surgery, but it took him 2 years to recover. Maybe if he gets surgery when he was first recommended to he plays every game that last year with the Skins instead of just 8. And he is still on the team.

I agree he wasn't used right, but he was drafted to be Sean Taylor's side kick, and when Taylor died the Skins were forced to play Landry out of position at a key moment in Landry's development into the NFL. Taylor's death is still being felt in the Skins secondary, and Landry is just 1 of many players that have tried to fill that impossible hole.

Regardless, Landry was a "me" guy. I don't miss him.

WetHog is online now  
Old
09-20-2013, 10:12 AM
  #345
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca
 
AlexBrovechkin8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Old Town, VA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
There is more to the Landry story then what you mentioned. How about Landry never, ever, taking part in the Skins offseason program? He even told good old Gibbs to piss off. And he didn't need surgery, but it took him 2 years to recover. Maybe if he gets surgery when he was first recommended to he plays every game that last year with the Skins instead of just 8. And he is still on the team.

I agree he wasn't used right, but he was drafted to be Sean Taylor's side kick, and when Taylor died the Skins were forced to play Landry out of position at a key moment in Landry's development into the NFL. Taylor's death is still being felt in the Skins secondary, and Landry is just 1 of many players that have tried to fill that impossible hole.

Regardless, Landry was a "me" guy. I don't miss him.
Spot on. When we lost ST, we lost LL as well. Imagine this team with ST and LL in their prime right now. Although who knows? Maybe with ST and LL on the team we never get RGIII?

AlexBrovechkin8 is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 10:18 AM
  #346
WetHog
Out to Lunch
 
WetHog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Poland
Posts: 11,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to WetHog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitlols View Post
Tackling aside, the defense has had constant miscommunications, sloppy coverage, and no creativity when it comes to disguising blitzes/coverages. I assume you think that's not on the Haslett either.
You shouldn't assume.

Haslett ultimately is to blame for whatever the defense does, but the difference between me and you is I can see how one weak link can affect an entire defense. And based on that I am not at the point now to fire the D-coordinator and make a bad situation worse.

Instability at both safety positions is the cause for the defenses issues. Without at least average safeties Haslett cannot call tight man, cannot call more blitzes, cannot scheme his defense the way he wants.

Having said that, after the GB debacle, it cannot get any worst so if Haslett does not call more man coverage, call more blitzes and get more aggressive before the bye week I will jump on the "Fire Haslett" bandwagon.

WetHog is online now  
Old
09-20-2013, 11:08 AM
  #347
BrettXNA*
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 115
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridley Simon View Post
That not entirely fair. Redskins turned over the ball first 2 times they had it, and the defense had that score. Eagles fast paced offense had like 4 straight drives.....lasting the entire first 20 minutes, basically.

Of course the D was gassed. The time of possession was skewed, and that was that (Eagles haven't had that happen for them again)
So whats the excuse for other three years hes been here ?
And it is fair. His unit is in charge of stopping the other team from scoring.
They fail at that.

BrettXNA* is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 12:40 PM
  #348
Capitlols
Registered User
 
Capitlols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 11,781
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WetHog View Post
You shouldn't assume.

Haslett ultimately is to blame for whatever the defense does, but the difference between me and you is I can see how one weak link can affect an entire defense. And based on that I am not at the point now to fire the D-coordinator and make a bad situation worse.

Instability at both safety positions is the cause for the defenses issues. Without at least average safeties Haslett cannot call tight man, cannot call more blitzes, cannot scheme his defense the way he wants.

Having said that, after the GB debacle, it cannot get any worst so if Haslett does not call more man coverage, call more blitzes and get more aggressive before the bye week I will jump on the "Fire Haslett" bandwagon.
Assume what? Haslett and the defense have been terrible since he took the D coordinator position, it's a concrete fact. There has been no progress, they've actually regressed. You want to stress the weak links at safety, but he can't even utilize the strengths of the defense(the front 7). Even with instability at safety, you don't give the opposing offense all day to pick apart that weakness, nor do you make your corners give 10 yard cushions on 3rd and short. His play-calling has been suspect to say the least and he runs a very vanilla defense that any offense with a competent QB can figure out.

All this talk of the offense isn't helping is rubbish. Back in the three and out days of Ramsey and Campbell the defense still managed to be good, if not great. You can make all the excuses you want, but allowing 30+ points and 500+ yards per game is absolutely atrocious no matter how you slice it. We're talking historically bad. They have enough personnel and talent on defense to not be one of the top 5 worst defenses in the league.

Capitlols is offline  
Old
09-20-2013, 02:17 PM
  #349
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor
 
CapitalsCupFantasy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 28,607
vCash: 500
It's hard to argue with the defensive stats....woeful.

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline  
Old
09-22-2013, 12:18 PM
  #350
Hivemind
We're Touched
 
Hivemind's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 15,481
vCash: 500
First half TDs:

DeAngelo Hall - 2
Rest of team - 0

Hivemind is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.