HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Top 6 FWD to NJ...

Old
08-15-2013, 09:48 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
I'd trade Fayne for Purcell.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 10:09 AM
Ricky Bobby

With New Jersey's financial issue it's unlikely they can take on any salary.

The Devils added 3 top 6/9 forward in Ryder, Jagr, Clowe to more than cover the icetime of losing Kovalchuk and Clarkson.

After losing Parise, Kovalchuk and Clarkson for nothing as UFAs plus probably Brodeur to retirement after this season the Devils will probably be sellers in the 16 team East.

Jagr, Zidlicky, Fayne are all likely to be dealt.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 10:25 AM
Robert Theodorson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post

The Devils added 3 top 6/9 forward in Ryder, Jagr, Clowe to more than cover the icetime of losing Kovalchuk and Clarkson.

After losing Parise, Kovalchuk and Clarkson for nothing as UFAs plus probably Brodeur to retirement after this season the Devils will probably be sellers in the 16 team East.

I could definitely see this happening at the TDL, perhaps new ownership might get smart on the farm system and see the desperate need for forwards and at least one or two blue chippers. Merril is the closest prospect to a sure thing that NJ has.

Robert Theodorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 10:29 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:

they were just bought by a group that includes a billionaire and paid off all their debt. what are you talking about?

if the devils are sellers then sure those guys will be traded, but it will have nothing to do with finances.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 10:45 AM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:

You know that as of this morning, if the Devils have any financial issues it's how many millions of dollars they can sink into the ocean and still be billionaires?

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Isn't Gionta appealing ? Great marketing, great locker room guy, great stopgap, probably good for us ?

What about a trade around Salvador and Gio?

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 10:59 AM
Rhodes 81
grit those teeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Isn't Gionta appealing ? Great marketing, great locker room guy, great stopgap, probably good for us ?

What about a trade around Salvador and Gio?
sure, why not?

it's clear that the devils are going to win this year by having 4 2nd lines, this would help give us that.

Rhodes 81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 11:03 AM
Ricky Bobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic Devil View Post
You know that as of this morning, if the Devils have any financial issues it's how many millions of dollars they can sink into the ocean and still be billionaires?
I spoke just a bit to early.

I'll play along with this thread now.

The Devils could sign Grabovski or Raymond. Or go for an older guy whose more of a 3rd liner at this point like Gagne, Sullivan, Morrow.

For trade Malone or Gionta could be targets.

After giving up assets for Kovalchuk. Then losing Kovalchuk, Parise and Clarkson for nothing I don't think the Devils have the assets to trade for a first line or even good 2nd liner at the moment so a tweener type is more likely.

Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 11:04 AM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
UFA Prospal would be a good filler.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 11:33 AM
ZeroPT*
He's comin for us!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
what did iggy and boum get? there is your market value for a top 3 scorer and top 2 defender.
a 1st +2 prospects respectively

ZeroPT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 11:45 AM
ManofSteel55

Hemsky is available and despite past injuries, is still skilled enough to be a top six player. I think the Oilers would just want a bottom six winger with some grit and a strong work ethic. Maybe a conditional pick on top based on games played (2nd or 3rd).

ManofSteel55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 11:56 AM
pspot

Kulemin and Liles for Fayne, Carter and pick

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:15 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
Kulemin and Liles for Fayne, Carter and pick
No thanks.

Classic Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 12:31 PM
SirloinUB

I would classify Mikael Samuelsson as a middle 6 player. He is a UFA after this year which provides you with flexibility.

Admittedly, he had a tough year last season suiting up for a measly 9 games due to injury. But according to comments made by Ken Holland he is healthy and ready for training camp. While the reward isn't astronomically high, he can provide you with scoring depth and a good shot on the second pp.

The risk would be low as the wings need to dump a forward and wont ask much.

Interested?

SirloinUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 02:15 PM
TGWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zajacs Bowl Cut View Post
deal from me. most Devils' fans wouldn't do it but whatever

I already proposed that in the Eberle thread.
Oilers would be foolish to offer Eberle for Larsson. I don't see how devil fans say no to that. I'm not sold on Larsson. He looks heartless, slow, and I don't see a first pairing D-man out of him, especially not on most teams. Ebs is way too valuable to be traded for just Larsson.

The truth is, Devils don't have that much to offer for a star player coming back. Free agency should be big for them next season. Maybe even taking a couple of risk at the trade deadline for teams looking to move some players who are under performing, or with stalled negotiations.

TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:01 PM
SpeakingOfTheDevils
Formerly PADevil3034

The thing is, we're not looking for a star. We know we don't have the expendable assets for that. We just need (or, would like) a top-6 forward. Hence the title of the thread.

SpeakingOfTheDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:04 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
love your avatar ... stevens hit on lindros amirite? i can tell because rafalski steered lindros, like most of those big stevens hits, and nearly got taken out as well. that was one of the best d pairings.

oilers would offer hemsky but we obviously arent just giving him away or else he would be gone...and yes we can retain cap hit if its worth it to get a deal done. a solid bottom 6 and pk guy would be nice.
No one wants him. You could waive him and there wouldn't be any takers. He has negative value until the deadline. Just keep him until then and flip him for a 4th. He's basically the same player as Tanguay except with a higher contract and injured constantly. He doesn't produce like Tanguay, but I think he would in a better situation if he could ever stay healthy.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:06 PM
NHL Fanatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
No one wants him. You could waive him and there wouldn't be any takers. He has negative value until the deadline. Just keep him until then and flip him for a 4th. He's basically the same player as Tanguay except with a higher contract and injured constantly. He doesn't produce like Tanguay, but I think he would in a better situation if he could ever stay healthy.
I agree, I don't think Oilers fans will like what they get for Hemsky if/when he goes...

I'm thinking a lower pick, to be honest. MAYBE a low-grade prospect and pick.

NHL Fanatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevilsFan44 View Post
I agree, I don't think Oilers fans will like what they get for Hemsky if/when he goes...

I'm thinking a lower pick, to be honest. MAYBE a low-grade prospect and pick.
I doubt even that. We got nothing for Tanguay who has averaged .89 ppg over the past 3 seasons and been pretty healthy. Hemsky averages .66 ppg and is never healthy and makes 5 million. Tanguay has more goal per game by a wide margin too. Soft offensive players have little value in today's NHL. Guys who play a solid all-around game without the offense like Clutterbuck or Prust have more value than Tanguay/Hemsky types.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:30 PM
lakai17

vCash: 50
Hemsky for Bernier

lakai17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2013, 04:32 PM
NHL Fanatik*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakai17 View Post
Hemsky for Bernier
If salary is retained, still then Id want to keep Bernier.

Hemsky (50% retained) for 4th pick?

NHL Fanatik* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 10:53 AM
TGWL

Quote:
Originally Posted by PADevil3034 View Post
The thing is, we're not looking for a star. We know we don't have the expendable assets for that. We just need (or, would like) a top-6 forward. Hence the title of the thread.
Right, but the names being tossed around are more stars in the league.

TGWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 11:12 AM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Untouchables: Adam Laarson, Cory Schneider.

Everyone else you can package in whatever trade you want for a Top 6 guy.

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 11:19 AM
tsweeney

Mikael Samuelsson for a 7th round pick.

Helps the Wings get a troublesome contract off their books and clear away a space on the roster.

Helps the Devils because although he's old and brittle, Samuelsson at his best could still be a middle sixer. Plus a seventh round pick is about as low risk as you can go in a trade.

Don't know their cap situation, so I don't know if his $3M would choke them like it kind is doing to the Wings right now, but Sammy could be a low-risk, medium reward kind of guy.

tsweeney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-16-2013, 11:47 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGWL View Post
Oilers would be foolish to offer Eberle for Larsson. I don't see how devil fans say no to that. I'm not sold on Larsson. He looks heartless, slow, and I don't see a first pairing D-man out of him, especially not on most teams. Ebs is way too valuable to be traded for just Larsson.

The truth is, Devils don't have that much to offer for a star player coming back. Free agency should be big for them next season. Maybe even taking a couple of risk at the trade deadline for teams looking to move some players who are under performing, or with stalled negotiations.
hes played ~100 games and is still 20 years old. DMen take longer to develop and the Devils have been bringing him along slowly. He was way better this past year defensively than he was as a rookie. I would guess that they will begin to unleash more parts of his game this year as well.

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote