HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Oilers - Leafs

Closed Thread

Old
08-15-2013, 02:06 AM
Vesa Awesaka
PuempeltoBorotoAndy

vCash: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post
So? Toronto COULD offer

Phaneuf
Rielly
kadri
Jvr
and 50 first rounders

Whats your point?

its not like the sens would offer that.
My only points is if the oilers had RNH on the block and wanted
Top 4 dman
Franson vs cowen
A 3-4 line 2 way player
kulemin vs Greening
A 1st line protential forward
Kadri vs Zibby
A potential top 4 offensive dman
Liles vs Wier
that the sens offer would be more appealing.
Probably not the best way of putting but what i was trying to say is that organizations could offer the oilers more then the leafs particularly organizations with more depth without sacrificing their whole team. IMO at the moment i doubt the oils would trade him and if he did somethig to fall out of favor and the oils were trying to get rid of him alot of teams could afford to bid higher then the leafs.

Old
08-15-2013, 03:10 AM
morrielly

vCash: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
Top 4 dman
Franson vs cowen
A 3-4 line 2 way player
kulemin vs Greening
Kadri vs Zibby
Liles vs Wier
Probably not the best way of putting but what i was trying to say is that organizations could offer the oilers more then the leafs particularly organizations with more depth without sacrificing their whole team. IMO at the moment i doubt the oils would trade him and if he did somethig to fall out of favor and the oils were trying to get rid of him alot of teams could afford to bid higher then the leafs.
That's a fair enough point.

however i definitely think both offers are overpayments until rnh proves otherwise and if i was a gm, i would focus more on providing fair value for rnh rather than trying to outbid other teams/doing whatever it takes to get him. With that in mind, i dont see how your point is necessarily good for the sens/other teams. Its like outbidding/overpaying for something you dont necessarily need just because you can and it is rarely available, not the smartest thing to do.

If other teams (especially a rival team like the sens) were willing to outbid/overpay and potentially shoot themselves in the foot i would have no problem with that and wouldn't try to outbid them.

Another way of putting this,(hopefully unnecessary) the value of rnh is dictated by team need. for example he'd be worth more in torontos eyes than say ottawa or pittsburgh. If i'm giving what is fair value in torontos eyes, and ottawa/pittsburgh is outbidding(unlikely they would even though they can), then toronto would have no problem in stepping away as ottawa/pittsburgh is most likely offering something stupid for something they dont need.

pretty simple point now that i look back, but meh, my brains probably really tired

Old
08-15-2013, 03:42 AM
Vesa Awesaka
PuempeltoBorotoAndy

vCash: 64
Quote:
That's a fair enough point.

however i definitely think both offers are overpayments until rnh proves otherwise and if i was a gm, i would focus more on providing fair value for rnh rather than trying to outbid other teams/doing whatever it takes to get him. With that in mind, i dont see how your point is necessarily good for the sens/other teams. Its like outbidding/overpaying for something you dont necessarily need just because you can and it is rarely available, not the smartest thing to do.

If other teams (especially a rival team like the sens) were willing to outbid/overpay and potentially shoot themselves in the foot i would have no problem with that and wouldn't try to outbid them.

Another way of putting this,(hopefully unnecessary) the value of rnh is dictated by team need. for example he'd be worth more in torontos eyes than say ottawa or pittsburgh. If i'm giving what is fair value in torontos eyes, and ottawa/pittsburgh is outbidding(unlikely they would even though they can), then toronto would have no problem in stepping away as ottawa/pittsburgh is most likely offering something stupid for something they dont need.

pretty simple point now that i look back, but meh, my brains probably really tired
Ya no problem i didnt use the best example.

Old
08-15-2013, 04:30 AM
Fourier

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest2i View Post
RNH is the Oilers #1 C at the moment. As an added bonus he still has many RFA years left too. He's literally the light at the end of the tunnel that was the 2010-2011 season. Trading him away in a quantity for quality deal would be unacceptable to me as an Oiler fan.

Leafs should suck really bad for an entire season and then draft their own top C if they want one so badly. It can't be that hard, the Oilers did it!
This pretty much says it all.

Old
08-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Fourier

Quote:
the biggest troll post of the thread.

i always hear oilers fans saying how they need an offensive rhd top 4 and better bottom 6ers but as soon as rnh comes up on comes the stupid bashing of leaf(other) players

besides, there are so many players id prefer to rnh around similar value but you dont see me going around saying i dont like him in an attempt to undermine his value.

comments like these are dumb, unnecessary and are meant to do nothing but incite a pissing war...
You won't find many Oiler fans asking for an offensive RHD. At least not as far as a potential ppqb goes. That job goes to Justin Schultz. And right now Petry is a better option for the Oilers in the top 4 on the RH side than Franson. Ference may also play on the right as does Nick Schultz. Throw in Belov and I doubt they have any interest in Franson at all given what he would cost to sign.

The Oilers do not need more one dimensional defensemen. In fact the only defenseman

Old
08-15-2013, 05:10 AM
Drennan57*
New Era

I rather have Kadri on my team then RNH personally. They are both comparable offensively but the grit and physicality Kadri brings to the table is rare for such a skilled player.

Toronto should keep Kadri.

Old
08-15-2013, 07:39 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
I'd take RNH over this package. I'm sure some Leafs fans are going to tell me that this package is worth more than RNH. Maybe it is. I don't care. I'd rather have RNH on my team.

Franson never impressed me. Had a very good year last season. Not saying it's not going to happen. I'd rather have Petry.

Kulemin isn't worth the bucks he's making. If he was making under 3 mill per year I imagine he'd have a quite a bit of value on the trade boards.

Liles. The worst contract on your team. This is starting to look trollish.

And a 2nd rounder. Mmm yummy. That helps wash it all down.

No thanks. Horrible proposal.

Old
08-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Beastly Bozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverWatch View Post
I rather have Kadri on my team then RNH personally. They are both comparable offensively but the grit and physicality Kadri brings to the table is rare for such a skilled player.

Toronto should keep Kadri.
This. Kadri is always doing something, even when he's not scoring. He can make a play himself and has literally won games by himself last season. He can also play with any player in our lineup and still produce (from Colton Orr to Phil kessel). Best of all, Kadri thrives is a home-grown kid and the first Leafs draft pick in a long time to make such an impact.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:03 AM
Srsly

I love Kadri as much as the next Leafs fan but I can't say that he's better than RNH while maintaining a straight face.

The fact of the matter is that Kadri was only really noticable for around half of a shortened season and his value isn't anywhere near what it could be with another strong showing. It's also worth noting that he hasn't been signed yet, which makes his value even less than it would have been.

I don't see the Oilers moving their number one center. With all their offensive potential I think we sometimes forget their scouts obsession with offensive wingers and lack of depth down the middle. I'd dare say that overall they're not in a much stronger position than the Leafs in that area.

The only trade I could see with one of the fab five involved would be something centered around Eberle and Rielly if a deal can't be negotiated with Kessel.

edit: before all the "lols Ebs is worth wai moar than Rielly" comments I want to note that the Leafs would obviously be adding. It should go without saying...

Old
08-15-2013, 08:05 AM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
The Leafs aren't getting RNH, doesn't matter what you "pile" up.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:14 AM
Beastly Bozak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srsly View Post
I love Kadri as much as the next Leafs fan but I can't say that he's better than RNH while maintaining a straight face.

The fact of the matter is that Kadri was only really noticable for around half of a shortened season and his value isn't anywhere near what it could be with another strong showing. It's also worth noting that he hasn't been signed yet, which makes his value even less than it would have been.

I don't see the Oilers moving their number one center. With all their offensive potential I think we sometimes forget their scouts obsession with offensive wingers and lack of depth down the middle. I'd dare say that overall they're not in a much stronger position than the Leafs in that area.

The only trade I could see with one of the fab five involved would be something centered around Eberle and Rielly if a deal can't be negotiated with Kessel.

edit: before all the "lols Ebs is worth wai moar than Rielly" comments I want to note that the Leafs would obviously be adding. It should go without saying...
Did you only watch half the season?

Kadri was actually one of our most consistent players

Old
08-15-2013, 08:18 AM
Srsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak View Post
Did you only watch half the season?

Kadri was actually one of our most consistent players
I watched the entire season and my point was centered more on offensive consistency. Admittedly I should have been a little clearer. He was very streaky offensively. It's not a horrible thing given it was his first real experience in the NHL but his cold streak was a little worrisome given the length of the season.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:23 AM
Beastly Bozak

Quote:
I watched the entire season and my point was centered more on offensive consistency. Admittedly I should have been a little clearer. He was very streaky offensively. It's not a horrible thing given it was his first real experience in the NHL but his cold streak was a little worrisome given the length of the season.
First 24 games: 23 points
Last 24 games: 21 points

So streaky, lets trade him right now!

And for the record, the longest he went without a point was three games. That's hardly a drought for a rookie playing 3rd line minutes...

Old
08-15-2013, 08:23 AM
supert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
Top 4 dman
Franson vs cowen
A 3-4 line 2 way player
kulemin vs Greening
Kadri vs Zibby
Liles vs Wier
RNH is not being traded , but as an Oiler fan i would take the Sen offer 10 times out of 10 over the Leafs . Also for people wining . Oiler fans do like Kulemin , but he over paid . I would love to have him , but it would have to be Hemsky going the other way for cap reasons and before Hemsky bashing starts i am saying he has much value , but cap wise he would have to go the other way

Last edited by supert: 08-15-2013 at 08:31 AM.
Old
08-15-2013, 08:25 AM
Holymakinaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeleim View Post
Leafs
RNH
Nick Schultz
Jeff Petry

Oilers
Nazem Kadri
Cody Franson
Nikolai Kulemin
John-Michael Liles
Leafs' 2nd round draft pick of 2014
LOL. Oh Man, that one os pretty funny.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:26 AM
Srsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastly Bozak View Post
First 24 games: 23 points
Last 24 games: 21 points

So streaky, lets trade him right now!

And for the record, the longest he went without a point was three games. That's hardly a drought for a rookie playing 3rd line minutes...
I'll stand corrected for now. I think what threw me off was the CBC's constant badgering when we wasn't a first star.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:27 AM
416Leafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilinblood View Post
these multi deals never happen anymore

Bingo. OP proposal is too absurd. A transaction with 8 pieces involved, 5 of which have fairly significant value? These things simply don't happen.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:29 AM
Beastly Bozak

Quote:
I'll stand corrected for now. I think what threw me off was the CBC's constant badgering when we wasn't a first star.
Haha agreed. They love to throw our stars under the bus whenever we lose and they don't score.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:30 AM
duul

vCash: 50
RNH is simply too valuable to trade for any package like that. There's not a single player the Leafs can offer to come close. Something around JVR+Gardiner is what it would take, and even then I think Edmonton would be hesitant. They have no centre depth, and if RNH is traded and they don't get a centre back:

Gagner
Gordon
Lander
???

Old
08-15-2013, 08:31 AM
Dr Quincy

Quote:
the biggest troll post of the thread.

i always hear oilers fans saying how they need an offensive rhd top 4 and better bottom 6ers but as soon as rnh comes up on comes the stupid bashing of leaf(other) players.
Needing something and being willing to pay for it with a #1 C are too different things.

I realize Leafs fans get a lot of flack here, but honestly, if some Leafs fans continue to propose trades asking for other teams' elite young players while offering useful, but spare, parts, then yeah be prepared for some overgeneralizing ridicule.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:31 AM
sokocanuck

vCash: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
This pretty much says it all.
Maybe we should come dead last for half a decade and get a bunch of 1st overalls.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:35 AM
CreeksideStrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by vespa99 View Post
I see Rnh leaving and No one I like coming back. no thanks
I see kadri amd kulemin leaving and no one i like coming back. No thanks

Old
08-15-2013, 08:36 AM
tempest2i
Myxomatosis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
Maybe we should come dead last for half a decade and get a bunch of 1st overalls.
If you want first overalls, that's the best way to get them.

Old
08-15-2013, 08:38 AM
duul

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sokocanuck View Post
Or maybe just come dead last twice?

Old
08-15-2013, 09:12 AM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
I'd offer up nuge if hall moved to centre

It would still take biggs, rielly, kulemin and two 1st rounders.

Closed Thread