HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LA looking for a top 6 LW

Old
08-17-2013, 02:22 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree with each of your points but more so your last one than anything else.

We picked up Frattin and have Pearson ready along with other options. We don't need a top 6 LW and imo we don't need to get any other players from outside our org anywhere on our roster. If anything we are going to have to move a few pretty solid NHLers to make room for our team already.

We don't need another star, we needed a solid young ready to break out player who can play a skill grind game and we got him. We also have a couple of talented skill kids who might be able to move in soon as well.

No need for any more players at this point.
Would you do a toffoli+ for jvr?

HolyShot* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 02:29 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShot View Post
Irrelevant.

Leafs definitely wouldn't. Can't give up a piece as important as JVR.

Honestly means so much to us because of his work in front of the net. Something we've lacked for a while

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 02:31 AM
Hatter
All about the Bob

It is hilarious to me how much my fellow Kings fans are overrating Fratboy

Hatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 02:43 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatter View Post
It is hilarious to me how much my fellow Kings fans are overrating Fratboy
Frattin looks like a top 6. Just inconsistent. Time well tell, young padawan.

Old
08-17-2013, 02:45 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Irrelevant.

Leafs definitely wouldn't. Can't give up a piece as important as JVR.

Honestly means so much to us because of his work in front of the net. Something we've lacked for a while
What if we traded you someone that can work in the crease, muck it up and is big? And trade you more on top of that. Would you then consider moving jvr?

Old
08-17-2013, 02:50 AM
Djp

Vanek (at 50%) ~ Willie Mitchell.....then add a few picks/prospects.

Djp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 03:00 AM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djp View Post
Vanek (at 50%) ~ Willie Mitchell.....then add a few picks/prospects.
Those picks/prospects better be substantial. Mitchell has close to zero value to a team like Buffalo.

Clear Eyes. Full Hearts. Can't Lose!
Horvat2Virtanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Blad Meaning Gud
Yu - Behr - Doe

vCash: 50
Fleischmann

Blad Meaning Gud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVW View Post
Cammy for Muzzin and Kozun?
That's good value I guess, but no chance Cammalleri ends up back in L.A. He burned his bridge a long time ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MW6 View Post
Marcus Johansson for Kyle Clifford and Derek Forbort?
I'm not sure Johansson would fit in L.A. He's skilled sure, but guys like him don't do too well in L.A. He'd remind me of Teddy Purcell.

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Those picks/prospects better be substantial. Mitchell has close to zero value to a team like Buffalo.
To be fair, it was a Buffalo fan who proposed it.

Old
08-17-2013, 01:50 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyShot View Post
No.

Here's why. Of course JVR is the better player at this point and by far no doubt about it. But that is the problem, TT looks like the real deal so far (has at every other step of his career and looks great in the NHL so far) but his greatest value today to us is that he is going to cost us SIGNIFICANTLY less cash for the next 3 years and could, with allot of luck be as good or maybe even better (though it would be unlikely and speculation) than JVR in time.

So no, considering everything I would rather play TT than pay for JVR at this point. We won a cup and went to the WCF last year with the same roster. We are going to already be significantly better in a couple of positions then we were last year this coming season and I think that adding to many top players can make a team off balance.

A mix of vets, solid players early in their careers trying to establish themselves and a few rookies are what makes a great balance and typically what it takes to win it all. Adding JVR is great for fantasy hocky but I would rather stick with TT for all the actual reasons.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 02:17 PM
BudMaster17
Gap Inspector

Matt Frattin

BudMaster17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 02:20 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
No.

Here's why. Of course JVR is the better player at this point and by far no doubt about it. But that is the problem, TT looks like the real deal so far (has at every other step of his career and looks great in the NHL so far) but his greatest value today to us is that he is going to cost us SIGNIFICANTLY less cash for the next 3 years and could, with allot of luck be as good or maybe even better (though it would be unlikely and speculation) than JVR in time.

So no, considering everything I would rather play TT than pay for JVR at this point. We won a cup and went to the WCF last year with the same roster. We are going to already be significantly better in a couple of positions then we were last year this coming season and I think that adding to many top players can make a team off balance.

A mix of vets, solid players early in their careers trying to establish themselves and a few rookies are what makes a great balance and typically what it takes to win it all. Adding JVR is great for fantasy hocky but I would rather stick with TT for all the actual reasons.
That's right. On the open market JVR is worth more than Toffoli. Toffoli's a guy you trade at the deadline for a JVR if you're lacking in scoring late in the season and you need that player to either qualify or to make it a round further.

But, for the Kings' current situation Toffoli is worth more to us than JVR. TT is making base salary less than Tanner Pearson, Nick Shore and Linden Vey! Let alone multi-million dollar vet JVR.

Don't think about how good JVR is, he's just fat; think about how much meat and muscle we have to cut off to fit his contract in.

Rorschach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 02:37 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
That's right. On the open market JVR is worth more than Toffoli. Toffoli's a guy you trade at the deadline for a JVR if you're lacking in scoring late in the season and you need that player to either qualify or to make it a round further.

But, for the Kings' current situation Toffoli is worth more to us than JVR. TT is making base salary less than Tanner Pearson, Nick Shore and Linden Vey! Let alone multi-million dollar vet JVR.

Don't think about how good JVR is, he's just fat; think about how much meat and muscle we have to cut off to fit his contract in.
That's exactly what I was saying. Great Minds.

In the end I would gamble on TT's potential out of the two considering our current team anyways. Salary or not I think that in time TT is going to be a good one and anytime you can bring home grown talent on to your team I think you go the bit extra to do so.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 03:41 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
That's exactly what I was saying. Great Minds.

In the end I would gamble on TT's potential out of the two considering our current team anyways. Salary or not I think that in time TT is going to be a good one and anytime you can bring home grown talent on to your team I think you go the bit extra to do so.
Yeah. And I feel TT is a good, managed risk. I used to think his knock on him would keep him off the Kings...he was drafted before Sutter was here and in the same draft we got Weal if I'm not mistaken (the draft in LA). Frattin is a good managed risk as well. JVR, lets be real, he's a real deal. Be nice to have him...if we could afford him.

Old
08-17-2013, 03:57 PM
ZeroPT
Tanky as ****

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
To be fair, it was a Buffalo fan who proposed it.
Djp meant Willie Mitchell to even out the cap. It's well known that Buffalo will do anything to increase the Value of their players such as retaining salary or taking on cap dumps.He didn't mean Mitchell straight across for Vanek

ZeroPT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 04:04 PM
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade

vCash: 177
poach selanne and call it a day

AlowlyOilersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 04:30 PM
Reaper45

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Djp meant Willie Mitchell to even out the cap. It's well known that Buffalo will do anything to increase the Value of their players such as retaining salary or taking on cap dumps.He didn't mean Mitchell straight across for Vanek
I understand that. Djp proposed Mitchell + picks and prospects. The other poster said Mitchell would have no value to the Sabres. I said it wasn't even a Kings fan who proposed it, so maybe a player like Mitchell would have value to the Sabres.

Old
08-17-2013, 04:46 PM
James Franco

if you can find a top 6 winger for -86k a year you are good to go

James Franco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 04:47 PM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
Some people are saying good value, I say no. Why? Because of the four players in the deal, the only one that the Kings really want is Voynov, the player we're trading away in this deal.
To put it like this, you don't make a change unless you have to and I see little reason for LA to trade Voynov besides maybe it being better for them if he was a LD instead of a RD (so that he and Doughty would be better fits together on the PP).

So I am not saying that LA would trade Voynov for Del Zotto. But I don't for a second doubt that LA really would want Del Zotto.

He is 23 y/o and already has a 37 pts season and a 41 pts season. The problem for NYR is that he is a LD and he has to compete with Marc Staal and Ryan McDonagh for ice time. Something gotta give there, the game is about winning games and not the World Championships in left defenders. Hence he is often mentioned in suggestions, and people who haven't seen him play much probably figures that he is player with good stats that isn't that good. I don't know.

In the end, I fully understand that LAK see no reason to even contemplate moving Voynov unless there is some gross overpayment. But I don't quite agree with you that MDZ wouldn't be of value for LAK. I think you would be suprised. If MDZ got to play 6 months for LA, I think people would consider his value to be scary high.

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 05:55 PM
WillyBilly1990

vCash: 537
Milan Michalek for Toffoli + conditional pick, condition he play at least 60 games = 3rd and if he resigns = 2nd

WillyBilly1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 07:02 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ola View Post
To put it like this, you don't make a change unless you have to and I see little reason for LA to trade Voynov besides maybe it being better for them if he was a LD instead of a RD (so that he and Doughty would be better fits together on the PP).

So I am not saying that LA would trade Voynov for Del Zotto. But I don't for a second doubt that LA really would want Del Zotto.

He is 23 y/o and already has a 37 pts season and a 41 pts season. The problem for NYR is that he is a LD and he has to compete with Marc Staal and Ryan McDonagh for ice time. Something gotta give there, the game is about winning games and not the World Championships in left defenders. Hence he is often mentioned in suggestions, and people who haven't seen him play much probably figures that he is player with good stats that isn't that good. I don't know.

In the end, I fully understand that LAK see no reason to even contemplate moving Voynov unless there is some gross overpayment. But I don't quite agree with you that MDZ wouldn't be of value for LAK. I think you would be suprised. If MDZ got to play 6 months for LA, I think people would consider his value to be scary high.
Kings go for players with high Corsi and are two-way. MDZ doesn't scream that to me. Especially not when we alread have Voynov.

Old
08-17-2013, 07:07 PM
The Newfoundlander
#51 and #44

vCash: 652
Something around Joffrey Lupul for Slava Voynov?

The Newfoundlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by weak5holeguy View Post
Something around Joffrey Lupul for Slava Voynov?
Basically Voynov isn't for trade.

Old
08-17-2013, 07:39 PM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Quote:
No.

I like what you have to say here. But given the fact that dean has built this team to run on a PF-Playmaker-Sniper type of a system, i dont see toffoli fitting our PF need as we have it right now. True, we should give the team some time to see how they gel, but Toffoli doesnt fit that mold. Hes more of a sniper/playmaker and hes not that big either. This team is built around big bodies.

Toffoli will be a great player but i think jvr will too. I think its worth it to trade for jvr and make him a part of the core. I know TO would be asking for the world, but perhaps we could target another PF of the same potential.

We're contenders right now and have to remain as such.