HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

your first prospect

Closed Thread

Old
06-28-2005, 08:24 AM
lakonigla

vCash: 500
your first prospect

got this from another HFBoard. Do you remember your first prospect you followed thru his junior years or the event, player that makes you interested in NHL prospects? I brought this up to this board because most stories should be about the Kings players or drafts etc. Here is my story. In June 1999 the Kings made the Plaffy trade and because we gave any NHL proven player back to the NYI I looked at the players and found out that the Kings gave there last four first selections (J.Green 30th overall in 1996, Jokinen 3rd overall in 1997, Mathieu Biron 21st overall in 1998 and our first round choice in 1999, 8th overall). I started to look at the development of those players to get a feel how the trade turns out in the long run. From that point I realized the importance of the draft and followed the 2000 Draft very intense. Don't know much about the players the Kings took in this year at this time, but it was fun to follow A.Frolov thru the Russians leagues and counting his points and trying to found out what they tell in comparison to other, older players in the "low scoring" Russian League. Tell your story...

Old
06-28-2005, 09:25 AM
B-MEL

Just an FYI.

Jokinen was not in the original trade for Ziggy, but Gary Bettman felt Dave Taylor was riping off the Islanders and made the Kings amend the trade to include Ollie.

Old
06-28-2005, 09:58 AM
jt

Yep, I think the original guy in the deal was Scott Barney and a ton of cash. But Bettman said he wasn't going to let the Kings essentially buy Palffy so until the Kings agreed to send a "real" prospect to the Isles he said no deal.

The first prospect I ever followed really closely was Jason Allison when I was still a pretty big Caps fan. With all the hype of Caps prospects and how bad the Kings prospects always were I followed Caps prospects more. I read damn near everything I could get my hands on about that kid because it looked like the Caps had really gotten a gem. I followed him into Portland...to the Caps...to the Bruins...and on to the Kings. What a disappointment...

The first Kings prospects I followed really really closely were Storr and Berg. I really didn't follow the draft when they took Carson and I sort of followed Gelinas, Sydor and Hocking but Storr and Berg were the first ones I actually had really high hopes for. What a couple disappointments...

Old
06-28-2005, 05:15 PM
washie

First guy I ever saw was Bernie Nichols, and Lucky Luc and iv never loved any other team but the Kings.

Closed Thread