HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto - San Jose

Closed Thread

Old
08-16-2013, 05:52 PM
Sarcastic

vCash: 500
Toronto - San Jose

To Toronto:
Brent Burns
2nd Rounder 2014

To San Jose:
John Michael Liles
Cody Franson
Nikolai Kulemin
1st Rounder 2014

Toronto does this in order to acquire a strong complementary player to the roster in Burns. Coming to the Leafs, he is somewhat overpaid as he doesn't slot into the #1 slot on RW or D so San Jose sends the 2nd to compensate as such. Burns is also close to hitting his peak so San Jose sells at his highest possible value. Playing with guys like Kessel and Phaneuf should squeeze the last bit of potential that Burns has.

San Jose does this to signal the start of their rebuild process. They gain a great bargain in JM Liles who can fill in on the 2nd pairing and score a lot of points. They gain Franson who is young and full of potential coming off an amazing season. Kulemin is a rising force to be reckoned with and can hit 50 points carrying Thornton on the top line. The 1st Rounder also has the potential to be the #1 pick so there's great value in there for SJ. Franson and Kulemin also bring a ton of intangibles coming off of their playoff series. San Jose will lose in the short term in this deal but the potential coming there way makes this a premium package.

Last edited by Sarcastic: 08-16-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old
08-16-2013, 05:54 PM
ThorNton Apologist
Jumbo needs a cup

Does your username have something to do with this proposal?

Old
08-16-2013, 05:58 PM
AJ SF4L
#GoSharks

Not a chance for San Jose. There's nothing in the proposal that makes them even consider moving Burns.

Old
08-16-2013, 05:59 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Wow you try to rob San Jose?

Old
08-16-2013, 05:59 PM
Volcanologist
Spark up a Dubas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic View Post
To Toronto:
Brett Burns
2nd Rounder 2014

To San Jose:
John Michael Liles
Cody Franson
Nikolai Kulemin
1st Rounder 2014

Toronto does this in order to acquire a strong complementary player to the roster in Burns. Coming to the Leafs, he is somewhat overpaid as he doesn't slot into the #1 slot on RW or D so San Jose sends the 2nd to compensate as such. Burns is also close to hitting his peak so San Jose sells at his highest possible value. Playing with guys like Kessel and Phaneuf should squeeze the last bit of potential that Burns has.

San Jose does this to signal the start of their rebuild process. They gain a great bargain in JM Liles who can fill in on the 2nd pairing and score a lot of points. They gain Franson who is young and full of potential coming off an amazing season. Kulemin is a rising force to be reckoned with and can hit 50 points carrying Thornton on the top line. The 1st Rounder also has the potential to be the #1 pick so there's great value in there for SJ. Franson and Kulemin also bring a ton of intangibles coming off of their playoff series. San Jose will lose in the short term in this deal but the potential coming there way makes this a premium package.
There's a lot to choose from, but this part was my favourite.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:01 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Um ok...what about 1st + JVR or Gardiner? At least that'd be closer to a realistic starting point?

Old
08-16-2013, 06:01 PM
morrielly

...lol?

Old
08-16-2013, 06:02 PM
TieClark

...why are the Leafs finishing bottom 5 with Burns?

Old
08-16-2013, 06:07 PM
Mafoofoo
:facepalm:

Quote:
To Toronto:
Brett Burns
2nd Rounder 2014

To San Jose:
John Michael Liles
Cody Franson
Nikolai Kulemin
1st Rounder 2014

Did I read that correctly? Kulemin carrying Thornton? We have Joe Thornton not Shawn.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:08 PM
veedubn1

hahaha, again?!

Old
08-16-2013, 06:09 PM
morrielly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDmitriy View Post
Um ok...what about 1st + JVR or Gardiner? At least that'd be closer to a realistic starting point?
starting point... jvr>burns as a forward.

gardiner + first is more fair but i dont see either team doing this.

Also, to my fellow leaf fans, burns i would assume is not being shopped and thus, there is no point offering a quantity proposal. It would have to be a value for value.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:11 PM
rgb63

10/10 would read again

Old
08-16-2013, 06:12 PM
DuckEatinShark
GET ALL THE PPs!!!!

We signal the start of the rebuilding process by trading our 28 year old top line winger that we just re-signed?

Kulemin will be carrying Thornton?

Not to mention you spelled Brad Stuart wrong in your trade proposal. I can do Stuart and the 2nd for that package.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:18 PM
Hatrick Marleau
Nikolay GOALdobin

Really??!

Old
08-16-2013, 06:19 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post

Also, to my fellow leaf fans, burns i would assume is not being shopped and thus, there is no point offering a quantity proposal. It would have to be a value for value.
You have to also consider Burns' ability to play top-pairing D. I think JVR+1st is a very fair asking price...that is what Burns would probably cost you.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:23 PM
ARSix

The Sharks should absolutely trade Brett Burns to the Leafs.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:25 PM
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 855
Quote:
You have to also consider Burns' ability to play top-pairing D. I think JVR+1st is a very fair asking price...that is what Burns would probably cost you.
Agreed. Burns has more value than JVR at this point, really shouldn't even be debatable.

08-16-2013, 06:28 PM
morrielly

Quote:
The point that i was trying to make is that san jose would be getting way more value for what they are giving up as from everything i have heard, they intend to continue playing burns as a forward. For the leafs, we would definitely put burns with phaneuf on our top pairing, and we'd be giving up a young top line LW + mid first for a Top pairing dman, which is okay(a bit more than i'd like to give up for a top pairing RHD) but, SJ would be giving up a 28 year old top line LW for a 24 year old top line LW on a bargain of a contract and a first rounder.

Take out the first and i think it's pretty fair(jvr for burns), however i think both teams should just stick with what they have

Old
08-16-2013, 06:30 PM
morrielly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kesler2Burrows View Post
Agreed. Burns has more value than JVR at this point, really shouldn't even be debatable.
Not to the leafs he doesn't. We already have three first line wingers. We value burns as a top pairing dman

Old
08-16-2013, 06:30 PM
The Nemesis
Global Moderator
Semper Tyrannus

I'm sure the Sharks would be more than happy to take that package for Brett Burns.

Just as long as they can hang on to Brent Burns.

Otherwise no chance in hell. I think you have the wrong idea about who would carry whom between Kulemin and Thornton.

"Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent."
'14-15 Sharks CI Tracker: 12 GP, 4-6-2 (home-away-Nat'l/In-Region)
Sorry, I am not taking signature requests at this time.
Old
08-16-2013, 06:34 PM
hockfan1991

Quote:
To Toronto:
Brett Burns
2nd Rounder 2014

To San Jose:
John Michael Liles
Cody Franson
Nikolai Kulemin
1st Rounder 2014

First off sj is not rebuilding. If everything you said was true of the players Toronto is giving they wouldn't make this trade and neither would you. Jml scoring lots of PTS second pairing? He's a cap dump. Franson bottom pairing and kulemin rising force to be reckoned with? Third liner and a 1 pick that will never exist

Old
08-16-2013, 06:37 PM
hockfan1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by morrielly View Post

I have no doubt burns will out perform jvr this year as a forward time will tell

Old
08-16-2013, 06:40 PM
Dunny777

I find it funny how both sides feel they'd be getting absolutely boned in this deal. I'd certainly prefer the package of Leafs.

Old
08-16-2013, 06:45 PM
morrielly

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockfan1991 View Post
I have no doubt burns will out perform jvr this year as a forward time will tell
One has bozak as his center and the other has thornton.

Despite that, i'd do an avatar bet based on ppg.

care to put your avy where your mouth is?

Old
08-16-2013, 06:58 PM
Clowe Me

Counter:

Kessel for Wingels, Havlat and a 3rd...

These proposals from Leafs and Canadiens fans are comical, just like their assessment of the Sharks. Even if they decide to move away from Thornton, Marleau and Boyle, they have Couture, Pavelski, Burns, Vlasic etc signed for years. They don't need to rebuild.

Closed Thread