Notices

Danny Irmen's Future

Closed Thread

Old
07-28-2005, 09:26 AM
chaachie12

vCash: 500
Danny Irmen's Future

I know not all of you are from MN, so you don't get to see our beloved Gophers every week, but I was curious where people think Danny Irmen's future is with the Wild. When he was drafted I was thinking he would fit in the "checking line" role, but now I am not so sure he couldn't be on a "scoring line" for us. His stats are getting pretty good, and he has the size, and certainly the speed to be a dangerous pro. I am hoping for a 30-30 season this year. Those numbers might not be tough to reach with Kessel on the team. I would imagine they will be on the first PP together, if not on a line together. I think he has second line potential.

edit: I had written could instead of couldn't be on a scoring line...I think he can.

Last edited by chaachie12: 07-28-2005 at 10:12 AM.
Old
07-28-2005, 09:45 AM
tk421

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaachie12
I know not all of you are from MN, so you don't get to see our beloved Gophers every week, but I was curious where people think Danny Irmen's future is with the Wild. When he was drafted I was thinking he would fit in the "checking line" role, but now I am not so sure he could be on a "scoring line" for us. His stats are getting pretty good, and he has the size, and certainly the speed to be a dangerous pro. I am hoping for a 30-30 season this year. Those numbers might not be tough to reach with Kessel on the team. I would imagine they will be on the first PP together, if not on a line together. I think he has second line potential.
Wes Walz type of player. Remember Wes was a scoring machine early in his career. He’s a perfect fit for the Wild system. I think he has possibilities of centering any line. He has the speed and the defensive awareness to put him on your first line. Now that I think of it, he reminds me of Kris Draper.

Old
07-28-2005, 10:39 AM
ceber

Supposed to have good leadership aspects, right? Decent points, but I think his contributions are going to be bigger off the scoresheet. Good 2-way guy, good leadership. Long NHL career.

Old
07-28-2005, 07:19 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

fukk man

danny irmen is the missing component to the gaborik-o'sullivan line

he's the guy who does the dirty work...gotta love the kid, he's already the captain for the 05-06 gopher squad

Old
07-28-2005, 07:42 PM
chaachie12

they have announced captains?

Old
07-28-2005, 10:02 PM
firstroundbust
lacks explosiveness

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaachie12