HPK and Karpat

Closed Thread

Old
09-23-2003, 03:27 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
HPK and Karpat

Question, who will be the starter for HPK? Puurula or Tallas or will they rotate them?

Also for Karpat fans, Topi Jaakola and Ari Vallin, how old are they, and how good are they? Will Korpikari stay in the lineup or will he see anytime in the tier-2 league (I assume it's tier-2) Thanks.

Old
09-23-2003, 10:12 PM
Spiffy

vCash:
Right now it looks like Tallas is the starter of HPK, Puurula will get a fair share of games as well though.

Ari Wallin is 25 years old and Topi Jaakola is 20 years old. One of the Kärpät posters could tell you a little more of their ability.

I don't think Korpikari is going to see minor league action this season as from what I hear he has looked very good out there and has one of the coaches full trust.

Old
09-24-2003, 01:30 AM
Jeff

Both are pretty good players. Ari Wallin came in to the team for this season so can't say that much about him. He has been playing pretty good though the start of the season and I think he has surprised many hockey fans, especially the fans of other teams. He is good with the puck, good passes , in my oppinion pretty good eye for the game overall. In the teams defencman hierarchy I'd place him now on place 2 or 3 now.

Oskari Korpikari on the other hand is one of our own boys. I was very impressed many times last season of this youngsters play and he has continued on that pretty much now. He'll be a good allaround defencman in the future, but he is still very young and he has lots of progress to do, but at least he has all the potential to make it to the top. In the teams defencman hierarchy I'd place him now on place 6 now and with seven defencemen on each game he'll probably will play all the games in the league.

Old
09-24-2003, 01:37 AM
Spiffy

vCash:
How about Jaakola?

Old
09-24-2003, 09:08 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Thanks that was helpful.

Old
09-24-2003, 11:50 AM
jepjepjoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
Thanks that was helpful.
Tallas has played the first 5 games of the season (4W 0T 1L) and has been pretty good so it will be much harder for Puurula to get ice-time this season... I think he'll start in 10-20games...

Joni will start his season this saturday against Ilves

Old
09-24-2003, 04:03 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by jepjepjoo
Tallas has played the first 5 games of the season (4W 0T 1L) and has been pretty good so it will be much harder for Puurula to get ice-time this season... I think he'll start in 10-20games...

Joni will start his season this saturday against Ilves
thanks. this isn't good news.

Old
09-24-2003, 05:52 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

I'm getting ready to hand in my prospect report, does this look right,

Korpikari 3 games, 0-1-1

Any idea on +/- and pims? guess there's no where to find these numbers in english?

Old
09-24-2003, 08:31 PM
SergeiK

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal
I'm getting ready to hand in my prospect report, does this look right,

Korpikari 3 games, 0-1-1

Any idea on +/- and pims? guess there's no where to find these numbers in english?

You can find those stats here:

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/tilasto.asp?o...arm=5&stats=69

And just choose the team you want closer look at. Off course those are not in english, but the logic is the same

O=games (ottelut)
M=goals (maalit)
S=assists (syötöt)
P=points (pisteet)
P+=Plusses
P-=Minuses
+/-= +/-
RM= PM (rangaistusminuutit)

Old
09-24-2003, 09:18 PM
Jeff

Forgot to mention Topi Jaakola. I am a little bit disapointed about his performance. Althgouh he is still very young, he has been playing at the Elite league team sometime already and in my oppinion his progress has somehow stopped or at least slowed down. Somehow I expected more of him before this season. He still has the potential and talents to make it to the top but I think he needs some change for his career now. In my oppinion he is the 7th ot 8th defenceman in the team and I think he'll find himself in minor league team Hokki at some point of the season which isn't a bad thing at all for his progress. There he would get resposibility and lots of play time and the game is still pretty good at that level. This year sensation, Janne Pesonen, played the whole last season in that team after playing few games in Karpat and now he game back to the elite league team this season and he has been outstanding.

I forgot to mention one thing about ari Walin earlier: He is a damn good skater.

Old
09-25-2003, 08:55 AM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by SergeiK
You can find those stats here:

http://www.sm-liiga.fi/tilasto.asp?o...arm=5&stats=69

And just choose the team you want closer look at. Off course those are not in english, but the logic is the same

O=games (ottelut)
M=goals (maalit)
S=assists (syötöt)
P=points (pisteet)
P+=Plusses
P-=Minuses
+/-= +/-
RM= PM (rangaistusminuutit)
Great. Thank you very much, this makes things a lot easier on me, so I don't have to bug everyone here for the stats!

Old
09-29-2003, 12:19 PM
jepjepjoo

Joni Puurula was the starter against Ilves last saturday made one great save then injured his ancle after 2 minutes of game play...

Closed Thread