HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Pit-tor

Closed Thread

Old
08-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Prattio

vCash: 500
You would think the long term deal he just did would end these awful proposals.

Old
DoctrSteveBrule
BrooksOrpeck

lol leafs

I don't really think there is any reasonable combination of leafs players that would get them Malkin. Like Weber for Malkin is something that I could realistically see the Penguins doing but they don't want quantity for Malkin. Reilly will probably be a good player but Phaneuf has minimal value to the pens.

Old
Freeptop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
That is totally unreasonable.

I know it is Malkin, but please. Teams don't give up 4 of their top players + a 1st for any player.
Teams also don't tend to trade a player the caliber of Malkin in his prime when they've already got him locked up for several years and don't have financial issues to deal with.

So, if no team wants to give up something like that for Malkin, then the Pens will just have to keep him. Somehow, I doubt that idea is distressing to Penguins' management or Pens' fans.

Quote:
Especially one who has an injury history.

Only way Pitts trades Malkin anyways is if they can't make him work under the cap (which they most likely could), and in that scenario he wouldn't fetch something like that ^
Here's the thing - the Pens are not in that scenario. So of course any Pens fan is going to ask for the moon. We don't want to give him up, the team doesn't want to give him up and he doesn't want to leave. Yet, for some reason, we get constant Malkin proposals on these boards where other teams' fans seem to get incensed that we're not interested in trading him.

Look, his value to us is higher than his value to you (as evidenced by what you're willing to trade for him vs what we're willing to accept). This always ends up the case, so I don't know why this surprises anyone at this point when we respond this way.

It's truly gotten ridiculous - I'm starting to wonder if it's just blatant trolling at this point.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:31 AM
domaug*
Flahr Pahr

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeHabsMan View Post
:

This no longer happens.

Dion Phaneuf + Nazem Kadri + Morgan Rielly + 1st rounder is a very good deal.
not for the Pens. the Leafs take that deal and run. they upgrade their 1C MASSIVELY AND they unload a lousy UFA contract and all they have to add is a top D prospect (which is the ABSOLUTE LAST THING the Pens need right now) and a late 1st?

it's terrible for the Pens, much like 99.99999999999999999% of all Malkin proposals anyway.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:34 AM
The Brewmeister
#Winning.

Send a message via MSN to The Brewmeister Send a message via Skype™ to The Brewmeister
i love Malkin and all but the cost is too great and there is no way I'd want that contract on my team. We already have a stupid length/cost contract with Clarkson.

Old
08-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens

I don't want Phaneuf in Pittsburgh to be honest. Never been a big fan of his game.

Kadri+ Rielly+ Kessel + 1st

Leafs most prob say no and Geno isn't for sale anyways

Old
08-19-2013, 11:05 AM
Nuckles
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Sidebar

vCash: 50
Let's just end this now. (it's an outlandish proposal)

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Closed Thread