HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Who are your top 3 realistic trades for Comrie, and in what order?

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 04:07 PM
Aziolkowski

vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Aziolkowski
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
The fact that he gets more points than most Oilers should be an indication he'll be nothing like Bonsignore. And like Speeds said, I've never actually seen a one-for-one proposal mentioned. He's just itching for a breakout season. My only concern would be injuries. He's never played a full season.
He is also penceled in as the third line centre in atl that should say something. Yes he has potential and lots of it but to my knowlege he has yet to have a 40 pt season. He has been penceled in as the checking line centre in atlanta for the last two years. He would be excelent in edmonton but he is in no way shape or form comparable to that of comrie, york, hemskey or isbister.

At this point I wouldn't give up much more more then Jason Chimera to get him. End of story.

Aas for the rest of the trades floatinmg around the reason people like lundmark myself included is because he is an edmonton kid stuck in ny where they don't give him enough of a chance.

Gomez, Legwand and Hartnell would be fine straight up for comrie even lundmark and a pick but not stefan.

Old
09-28-2003, 04:55 PM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
sorry man, kovalchuk dif not play on the third line and that is who Stefan centered

Old
09-28-2003, 05:40 PM
speeds

Just realized I haven't even tossed in my 2 cents on which guys I might not mind seeing EDM acquire if they have to trade Comrie.

for young F's:

PHX: Kolanos, Taffe
FLA: Weiss, Jokinen
NSH: Legwand
BUF: Connolly
ATL: Stefan
SJ: Marleau, Goc, Michalek
LA: Tambellini

D:

PHX: Mara, Knyazev
FLA: Krajicek
SJ: Fahey, Hannan, Stuart
LA: Grebeshkov
NSH: Hamhuis

obviously some guys cost more than others, some EDM would be adding to get and others the other squad would have to be to make the deal workable for EDM, not to mention variables like EDM including a pick(s), or the other team including a pick(s).

Old
09-28-2003, 05:56 PM
FacelessButcher

nice list of possible talent speeds many of these guys have not been talked about much here

Old
09-28-2003, 06:02 PM
Eddie The Eagle

vCash:
3 guys id want.

Hannan and 1st for Comrie and Bergeron

Mara and Doan 2nd for Comrie Isbister Bergeron

Fischer 2nd for Comrie Bergeron

Bergeron becomes expendable with us getting a good d-man in all these deals..

personally i like the Phoenix one .

Old
09-28-2003, 06:09 PM
FacelessButcher

I'd say all those trades are ludicrously in favour of Edmonton Eddie, I think u r probably over rating Bergeron we like him but his value around the league is not that high

Old
09-28-2003, 07:38 PM
Holly Gunning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aziolkowski
(Stefan) has been penceled in as the checking line centre in atlanta for the last two years.
Nope. Have another look.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:28 PM
OYLer

Hey OilBeDrillin'

A very cool Avatar.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:31 AM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
The reason I keep bring up Hartnell is that he could give the team a pretty interesing set of top 4 wingers: Smyth, Isbister, Hemsky, Hartnell. A unique blend of size and skill, with a kid who could be a killer.

The Islanders used to do that you know. Gillies-Bossy between Trottier, who was 5'11, and then Goring (5'10 and skinny) between Tonelli and Nystrom. Their third line center was Bob Bourne who was a big man. The difference of course is that Trottier and Goring were demons on the forecheck.

However, you could reasonably have York and another smaller guy centering if Smyth, Hartnell and Isbister and still get a good result.

This might be the last time we get to mention Hartnell in a trade conversation too. He'll break out and be a core player pdq.
The Canucks I think are trying to copy the success of the Islanders - I've been saying that for a while now

You're right about Hartnell, but I think that is part of the reason why I do not believe the Predators would move him just yet. Even for Comrie. The centre situation in Nashville isn't too bad, and while they are looking for scorers, I get the feeling they are looking for veteran scorers they can get cheaper than Comrie.

Poille is a pretty shrewd guy, but he loves physical players who can score (Suter, Harthell, Upshall - for example).

As for the guy who couldn't understand why Legwand is so highly regarded:

The guy plays with Andreas Johansson and Scottie Walker and was on pace to put up 60-some points. Johansson and Walker are okay players, but you and I both know they are not 1st line players. Legwand, I feel, has 80 point potential with a good linemate or two.

But beyond that, Legwand may be Mike Modano redux. Modano himself said that Legwand was the best checking centre he's faced at one point this year. Legwand is a ridiculously good skater, good hands, good shot, better passing, but he is just so good defensivly, even already at his young age. Add that in to his size, his reach (which seems longer than it should be for his height), and the array of moves he can pull 1 on 1, Legwand has superstar upside. The key here again, I feel, is that A) He needs to play an injury free season next year, and B) His linemates MUST be improved upon.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:22 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

stefan
boynton
legwand

Old
09-29-2003, 10:28 AM
USC Trojans
I have a plan.

I don't know if anyone has said this before, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Comrie to Pittsburgh for Kris Beech and Milan Kraft. If not both, then one of them (preferably Beech) along with a draft pick or defensive prospect.

Beech and Kraft have been unable to crack into the Penguin's lineup, but they have the size and the offensive upside that the Oilers are looking for. Comrie would provide the Pens with a young center who can take the load off of Lemieux.

Old
09-29-2003, 10:52 AM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1
I don't know if anyone has said this before, but I wouldn't mind seeing a Comrie to Pittsburgh for Kris Beech and Milan Kraft. If not both, then one of them (preferably Beech) along with a draft pick or defensive prospect.

Beech and Kraft have been unable to crack into the Penguin's lineup, but they have the size and the offensive upside that the Oilers are looking for. Comrie would provide the Pens with a young center who can take the load off of Lemieux.

Hmmm i am not too big on this at all.... I think we have plenty of size now and if we do trade Comrie we need pure skill in return

Old
09-29-2003, 10:57 AM
FacelessButcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by alzardnp1

Hmmm, how does this sound?

To Pit:
Comrie
Mikhov
3rd pick

To Edm:
Beech
Kraft
Lupaschuck

edit: thought about it maybe Salmelainen would be a better fit for the deal opposed to Mikhov

Old
09-29-2003, 11:44 AM
G-Double

Send a message via AIM to G-Double
i've seen kraft and beech play and well, lets just say, PASS< either of them offers the Ooilers anything they don't already have in niinimaki and Pouliot except guys who are older and still no where near having a major impact on a team. Beech, i've almost written off except that according to Edzo he has had a solid camp and is looking good...maybe they will salvage the jagr trade after all, but Sivek looks like crap right now...Lupaschuk has improved from being the disaster he was in the defensive zone lastyear to only being a extreme liability...i'd say pass. If you could get me Brooks Orpik or even maybe Noah Welch then we can talk...and there is no reason to throw Mikhnov into any trade at this point IMO.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:28 PM
Aziolkowski

Send a message via Yahoo to Aziolkowski
Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyG
Nope. Have another look.
my bad... Just looking at his stats on sportsline they don't impress me all that much still not close to comrie's numbers.

Old
09-29-2003, 12:43 PM
Asiaoil

I consider guys like Legwand, Chistov, Frolov, Jokinen and Marleau unrealistic for Comrie - so here is my realistic top 3:

1 - Blackburn (we need a potential top 10 starter. Conklin isn't that and JDD is at least 3-4 years away (if ever). NYR likely ditches Lindros and Nedved next year and Comrie-Holik would be a decent 1-2 punch)

2 - Boynton (we may have to make the deal a little bigger to make it work and include a dman like Cross while we get a pick back in addition to Boynton)

3 - Hartnell (agree with LT in that he brings a lot to the table - but another forward?)

Old
09-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Mizral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asiaoil
I consider guys like Legwand, Chistov, Frolov, Jokinen and Marleau unrealistic for Comrie - so here is my realistic top 3:

1 - Blackburn (we need a potential top 10 starter. Conklin isn't that and JDD is at least 3-4 years away (if ever). NYR likely ditches Lindros and Nedved next year and Comrie-Holik would be a decent 1-2 punch)

2 - Boynton (we may have to make the deal a little bigger to make it work and include a dman like Cross while we get a pick back in addition to Boynton)

3 - Hartnell (agree with LT in that he brings a lot to the table - but another forward?)
I'm not sure if either of those are realistic either.

Some similar options:

1 - Ari Ahonen (Not Blackburn, but he could be as good. Ahonen is behind Brodeur & Shwab at the moment. The Devils could use Comrie, and Ahonen is their best prospect, and would be dynamite as an Oiler I figure)

2 - Jiri Fischer (The Bruins cannot really afford to move Boynton, but the Wings can move Fischer. This is one ofthose deals that just makes so much sense, you wish you could call up Holland & Lowe & fire up the fax)

3 - Taylor Pyatt (Dissapointed last season. Could be a good one, could stink - too early to tell. Might be worth the gamble. If not him, maybe the Panthers would move along Victor Kozlov?)

Old
09-30-2003, 02:32 PM
OilBeDrillin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by OYLer
Hey OilBeDrillin'

A very cool Avatar.
thank you.

Old
09-30-2003, 06:26 PM
hunter orange

(Don't mean to be insensitive but) Isn't a Comrie and change for Stefan and Exelby deal looking like more of a real possibility now?

Closed Thread