HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Gainey protects Brisebois

Closed Thread

Old
09-28-2003, 05:30 AM
eddy

vCash: 500
I'm really glad Gainey said what he did, I was never a big fan of Brisbois but I also wasn't a fan of people booing him. He has had some brutal games but I always felt booing him would never make him play any better. Hopefully now with a little more fan support he can step his game up a notch.

Old
09-28-2003, 05:33 AM
Histrion

Send a message via MSN to Histrion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leph28
at 100$ a ticket, fans have a right to cheer or boo whoever they want.. Gainey is an ass. Maybe he's in the wrong league.. the PGA would love him.
Talk about getting it with philosophy.

Old
09-28-2003, 06:33 AM
gunnerdom
Go HABS Go!!!!

Send a message via MSN to gunnerdom
Quote:
at 100$ a ticket, fans have a right to cheer or boo whoever they want.. Gainey is an ass. Maybe he's in the wrong league.. the PGA would love him.
damn, Hull should`ve stayed Hull and not be part of Gatineau. Now I`m ashamed to live in Gatineau because of ignorant comments like this. Whatever your probably like what, 12 years old?

Old
09-28-2003, 06:45 AM
QcS

venant de quelqu'un avec un nick comme ca.. hah

Old
09-28-2003, 06:51 AM
QcS

tu devrais avoir + honte du fait que votre groupe est pourri.. et te meler de tes affaires :p

Old
09-28-2003, 07:01 AM
Nyclaus

You know some people should just leave with their Boos and 100$, and harrass some other team like the B's (Boston is only a 6 hour drive you know!).....

Let real fans (the ones that don't boo players but the team as a whole and refs like Fraser ) have a chance on their tickets for a change...

and BTW lots of people like booing in the red sections at Bell Center, not just the blue section like Gainey was claiming earlier.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:14 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike8
...As a fan of tough hockey, I can't stand Brisebois. But I know he's still an asset to the Habs and is a quality defenseman when used properly.
WHAT?

BRISEBOIS IS THE BEST D FROM DAY ONE OF THE TRAINING CAMP TO NOW. EVERY JOURNALISTS SAID THAT, OPEN YOUR EYES !!

LIKE HIM OR NOT, KNOWING HOCHEY OR NOT, LOOK AT THE REALITY NOW, BRISEBOIS PLAYS VERY VERY VERY WELL NOW !!!

BOOING HIM IS STUPID.
SABOTAGE YOUR OWN TEAM IS STUPID AND PATHETIC. ... loosers

I'm not pointing you especially Mike8 but I'm f**ing tired of all that Breezer bashing. Ostie d'criss de ********!!
You're making me pumping. It's not good for my heart. I don't wanna die young like Robert Palmer or John Ritter. lol

Peace everybody.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:15 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Well, I was there at the game last night. A small group of us behind the Habs net started cheering for Brisebois every time he touched the puck, about midway through the 2nd period, to counter the booing idiots. Apparently others had the same idea, for by the 3rd period, the cheers were almost drowning out the boos.

It is ridiculous that Brisebois gets booed more than the other team and the refs -- even when the Habs win. Gainey's remarks were courageous and direct. I hope that the mean-spirited, gutless sports columnist Jack Todd of the Montreal Gazette took notice, as well as the usual crowd of booing idiots.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:30 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
I suspect you're one of the booers? People have the RIGHT to boo him, that's true, I've also the right to curse at someone I don't know or decide to skip work when I don't feel like it, doesn't make it intelligent nor justified for that and it doesn't mean I won't have to respond of my actions afterward.

If fans have the right to boo, Gainey certainly has the right to tell them what he thinks of it.

Fans that come just to boo a player because they don't like him, not because he looks bad on the ice on that particular night, are nothing short of morons, and Gainey is far from an ass for saying it. I think 90% of the fans must agree with him and it shows here from the reactions so far.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:38 AM
skidboot

just wondering...when Brisebois plays his normal wuss way and ends up costing us, (and be guaranteed he will) will you guys still be saying "thats alright Breezer, you've come into camp in good shape blah, blah, blah..." Do a few of you guys tie his skates for him also??? Tuck him into bed at night? Kiss a boo boo??? Powder his bum???

how much more do we have to endure. I'll cheer on the Canadiens but I will not put up with this guy anymore. He is the gutless one, a true coward on the ice, a one dimensional wussbag matador.
When the going gets tough Breezer goes to France.

Brisebois is a stiff. If he didn't have that contract that he doesn't warrant he would be long gone from Montreal. The contract is not Breezers fault though.

what a joke this is....The Patrice Brisebois fan club is alive and well on the hockeysfuture message board.

how much longer.....

I can't wait for next year (if we have next year) to hear the faithful on hockeysfuture Montreals message board come to Breezers defense.

how much longer...

I'll boo him. Just to watch the tears roll down his eyes.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:40 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

On a side note, I think BG's comments are good for the whole organization. He showed the kind of leader he was and especially that he would stand behind (or in front) of his players to defend them when threated wrongly by fans or media. When was the last time we saw that in Mtl? That can only shed a positive feeling on the locker room and I know if I was a player, I would feel pretty damn good that I finally have a boss that will take a stand against unjustified crtiticisms directed at me.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:46 AM
skidboot

are you saying the criticisms towards Breezer are not warranted???

puhhhhllleeeeaaaaasssseeeeee.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:46 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot
That's (read you're) pathetic. Might have some unresolved issues like being the bullied kid in the school yard that makes you act and think like a frustrated jerk today.

I don't like Brisebois and don't like his play, but booing him for that is moronic and classless, especially when it's done the nights he plays very well. It hurts the whole team beleive it or not and sure doesn't help the team to win or players to feel backed by their fans. If hockey gets that kind of reaction out of you, I would suggest you switch to knitting.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:52 AM
Guy!

Quote:
just wondering...when Brisebois plays his normal wuss way and ends up costing us, (and be guaranteed he will) will you guys still be saying "thats alright Breezer, you've come into camp in good shape blah, blah, blah..." Do a few of you guys tie his skates for him also??? Tuck him into bed at night? Kiss a boo boo??? Powder his bum???

how much more do we have to endure. I'll cheer on the Canadiens but I will not put up with this guy anymore. He is the gutless one, a true coward on the ice, a one dimensional wussbag matador.
When the going gets tough Breezer goes to France.

Brisebois is a stiff. If he didn't have that contract that he doesn't warrant he would be long gone from Montreal. The contract is not Breezers fault though.

what a joke this is....The Patrice Brisebois fan club is alive and well on the hockeysfuture message board.

how much longer.....

I can't wait for next year (if we have next year) to hear the faithful on hockeysfuture Montreals message board come to Breezers defense.

how much longer...

Oh yes, because that will help the club. Because making a player on the ice play more and more nervous causing more mistakes will help Montreal just a load.

Brilliant.

What a tremendous fan!

And in case you need a little clarification, it's not a Breezer fan-club, it's a show of public support for a player who gets far too much negativity directed at him for the mistakes he makes.

If you feel the need to boo , try to do it with *shock* a little intelligence. Perhaps direct it at a coach who you feel plays Breezer too much. Or at Perreault when he's pushed off the puck with even more ease than Breezer.

Or maybe you're the sort that also boos players like Koivu who get injured.

Heck, if you work at it and start immediately, you can boo Komisarek enough to stunt his development and cause us to lose a potentially major cog in the Habs future!

Sadly though, I'd have to agree with Gainey. You classless clowns are welcome to continue your booing.

From anywhere outside the Bell Centre.

Don't let that turnstile hit you on the way out.

Old
09-28-2003, 07:53 AM
skidboot

the guy makes how much money???

his feelings get hurt because of the mean, awful people.
why don't you mash his potatoes for him.

lol.

So he can't do his job because of the people....he sucks but that is alright in your eyes. Make excuses for the guy. Do you think that when he took off to France that it had a detrimental effect on the team also? But that is OK since it is Pattycakes.

frustrated jerk.....lol.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:02 AM
Guy!

Quote:

lol.

So he can't do his job because of the people....he sucks but that is alright in your eyes. Make excuses for the guy. Do you think that when he took off to France that it had a detrimental effect on the team also? But that is OK since it is Pattycakes.

frustrated jerk.....lol.
And people wonder why other players around the league don't want to come to Montreal.

This club has the best fans in the game. We also have, by far, the worst.

*sigh*

Old
09-28-2003, 08:13 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:

lol.

frustrated jerk.....lol.
Man... I get a warm feeling inside when I read you while thinking that we finally have a management that will stand up to morons trying to run the show and boo players they don't like out of town in Mtl. No more gutless GMs that would bend over based on this kind of non-sense.

Gainey is a competent and hired GM that is the only one entitled to call the shots. Not the media, not the ignorant fans like you, him. His ultimate goal is to bring in a winning team. If he finds a player is hurting the team, he'll trade or release him, but never based on spoiled ****** that can't do anything but whine and nitpick about every god damn thing in this team.

He makes more money than me, He makes mistakes... Get over it. Or don't what do I care but stop being an ass.

edit - typo

Old
09-28-2003, 08:16 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy!
Oh yes, because that will help the club. Because making a player on the ice play more and more nervous causing more mistakes will help Montreal just a load.

Brilliant.

What a tremendous fan!

And in case you need a little clarification, it's not a Breezer fan-club, it's a show of public support for a player who gets far too much negativity directed at him for the mistakes he makes.

If you feel the need to boo , try to do it with *shock* a little intelligence. Perhaps direct it at a coach who you feel plays Breezer too much. Or at Perreault when he's pushed off the puck with even more ease than Breezer.

Or maybe you're the sort that also boos players like Koivu who get injured.

Heck, if you work at it and start immediately, you can boo Komisarek enough to stunt his development and cause us to lose a potentially major cog in the Habs future!

Sadly though, I'd have to agree with Gainey. You classless clowns are welcome to continue your booing.

From anywhere outside the Bell Centre.

Don't let that turnstile hit you on the way out.
100% agree with you.
Brisebois booers are sad, frustrated, pathetic and loosers. They don't think very much. They are stuck with old perception, they are one-dimension minds. Calling them morons is appropriate. They like to do sabotage to their team. It's sad and pathetic. As some says: GET A LIFE.

GAINEY WAS 100% RIGHT.

Old
09-28-2003, 08:21 AM
Souffle
A soupçon of nutmeg

Quote:

lol.

frustrated jerk.....lol.
I think you miss the point: Brisebois does not deserve to be booed BEFORE he even touches the puck, let alone before he makes a mistake. What kind of excuse are you making for that?

You sound jealous of Brisebois' salary. If it disgusts you that much, don't watch hockey. Don't watch Lindros, Leclair, Yashin and a bunch of others who make even more money than Brisebois and produce even less for that money.

Go ahead and criticize his play -- sometimes he deserves it. But what this "fan-club" is saying is that the personal attacks are directed towards Brisebois the person as opposed to Brisebois the player.

If you think that Brisebois is really as bad as you make him out to be, then you really don't understand hockey. If you want be an angry little person who just wants to piss on people who have it better than you, then go into politics and leave hockey to the fans.

Old
09-28-2003, 09:16 AM
HABitual

If Gainey likes to have an underachieving veteran player on the team then let him. Brisebois will NOT get any better than he is. He will be consistently mediocre at best and the only person Gainey can blame for keeping a mediocre player is himself. Good luck, Gainey. You're really going to need it!

Old
09-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:
Originally Posted by ejaculine
damn, Hull should`ve stayed Hull and not be part of Gatineau. Now I`m ashamed to live in Gatineau because of ignorant comments like this. Whatever your probably like what, 12 years old?
you know whats the worst? he probably is a 35 year old kid! lol

Old
09-28-2003, 10:04 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitual
If Gainey likes to have an underachieving veteran player on the team then let him. Brisebois will NOT get any better than he is. He will be consistently mediocre at best and the only person Gainey can blame for keeping a mediocre player is himself. Good luck, Gainey. You're really going to need it!
I think that it is safe to say that Gainey wishes he didn't have the Brisebois contract situation as it makes it impossible to deal with it as a pure hockey situation. The name of the game in pro sports today is 'asset management'. Gainey is doing 2 things, he is protecting his asset, an asset that he doesn't want to be further devalued by controversy. #2, he is reacting as a human, you don't treat people that way and he voiced his opinion. Of course I'm not thrilled with Brisebois' play last year. when AS overpaid for him though, you can rest assured that he would have had lucrative offers elsewhere. Probably not as lucrative, but good offers nonetheless.

Old
09-28-2003, 10:07 AM
GB

vCash: 370
Send a message via ICQ to GB
I've commented on Briesbois in a thread on the NHL board so I won't go over that again. I am how ever pleased that Gainey is starting to show people that he runs the club now and their are things he won't suffer in silence. It's really good to have a GM who's not afraid to defend his players, even if it's goin to piss the fans off.

Liam

Old
09-28-2003, 10:27 AM
Mike8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
WHAT?

BRISEBOIS IS THE BEST D FROM DAY ONE OF THE TRAINING CAMP TO NOW. EVERY JOURNALISTS SAID THAT, OPEN YOUR EYES !!

LIKE HIM OR NOT, KNOWING HOCHEY OR NOT, LOOK AT THE REALITY NOW, BRISEBOIS PLAYS VERY VERY VERY WELL NOW !!!

BOOING HIM IS STUPID.
SABOTAGE YOUR OWN TEAM IS STUPID AND PATHETIC. ... loosers

I'm not pointing you especially Mike8 but I'm f**ing tired of all that Breezer bashing. Ostie d'criss de ********!!
You're making me pumping. It's not good for my heart. I don't wanna die young like Robert Palmer or John Ritter. lol

Peace everybody.
What are you ranting and raving about? I said I don't like Brisebois since I like tough hockey. Brisebois isn't a tough hockey player. But I realize he's still a quality player and an asset when used properly. What part didn't you understand exactly?

Old
09-28-2003, 10:30 AM
Hab at it

Quote:

A $100 a ticket? Here we're led to believe that most of the losers that boo are in the molson-ex zone and those tickets are listed at $22 bucks a ticket. Unless of course you're one of those high price - low class people.

Closed Thread