HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Gainey protects Brisebois

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 04:49 PM
skidboot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov76
How much longer should we have to endure your blind hate?

Nothing blind about it.

Just sick and tired of Pattycakes and his wuss play.

How many years have we put up with Pattycakes???

Yeah....lets give him one more chance.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:09 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
I'd better check the other boards. You've got 'troll' written all over you, skidboot.

Old
09-29-2003, 07:24 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidboot
Tell ya what Munchy...next time I go to a game and Brisebois coughs the puck up resulting in a goal because he played his normal wuss way, I'll do what you do and applaud. How's that?
Yeah... You do that. Cause that's just what I do right? Moron...

Old
09-30-2003, 04:59 AM
skidboot

And you are nothing but a bonehead who enjoys watching Brisebois make the same mistakes year in and year out.

You tolerate it!

Hell you probably cheered on Reggie and Mario and would NEVER say a bad thing about them.

You are the type of guy who would be afraid to go straight up to someone and tell them straight up. You wouldn't want to offend them.

You are nothing but a follower who loves the status quo.

Dickwad.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:02 AM
skidboot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brisebois
I'd better check the other boards. You've got 'troll' written all over you, skidboot.

Why do I have "troll" written all over me?

Because I voice an opinion that differs from yours???

Poor ol Brisebois!

You think that having Pattycakes is a good thing for the Habs.
I don't.

Get over it.

I get sick and tired of watching and reading how people want to give the guy..."one more chance".

Old
09-30-2003, 06:02 AM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
And you are nothing but a bonehead who enjoys watching Brisebois make the same mistakes year in and year out.

You tolerate it!

Hell you probably cheered on Reggie and Mario and would NEVER say a bad thing about them.

You are the type of guy who would be afraid to go straight up to someone and tell them straight up. You wouldn't want to offend them.

You are nothing but a follower who loves the status quo.

Dickwad.

Wow this time you really lost it for good. "Enjoys watching Brisebois... You tolerate it... cheered on Reggie and Mario... afraid to go straight up to someone and tell them straight up... loves the status quo..."

Again:

I'm loving this! Keep 'em coming I just could use an other good laugh. Your IQ decreases by the post... OMG what a stupid guy. Doesn't even know what he's complaining about anymore! Just throws in the air random made up stuff about me to avoid answering his critics...

edit - typo

Old
09-30-2003, 08:21 AM
patp77

Quote:
If Breezers game gets affected by the booing of people then Pattycakes has the thinnest skin on the planet.

I've watched this stiff make the same mistakes year in and year out.

I'm sick of it.

And BTW Pattycakes would be crazy to have turned down the offer.
Is he worth the money??? Not even close...I wouldn't give him the steam off my pee but he did the right thing in taking the money.

If people want to defend and give Pattycakes yet another chance to redeem himself so be it. That is their choice. Just because I will boo him doesn't make me an unknowledgable fan...I'm just sick and frickin tired of his gutless cowardly style of hockey.
I just wonder that when he goes back to his matador style of playing will everyone still give him a pat on the back and a lollypop to make him feel better?

"I can't play well tonight because the people are booing me"...lol.

How much more do we have to endure?
Well, if it doesn't make you an unknowledgable fan, it sure makes you an annoying one. Just because you paid $100 for your ticket, it doesn't mean you get the special priviledge to annoy every other fan beside you who ALSO paid $100 for their ticket.

You're also not exactly intelligent if you don't think that someone booing you while you work won't affect your productivity. You can ignore it all you want but you know it's being directed at you and it makes you that much more nervous and tentative while you play. It only takes a little bit of thought to realize that it can be a huge distraction especially when your OWN FANS are treating you this way. It's one thing when the opposition's fans do it but...

Anyways, I've given you more time than your worth.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:57 AM
HABracadabra

I don't believe that booing PB everytime he touches the puck is normal and acceptable. But if a player keeps doing the same mistakes over and over, i can understand people to become frustrated and starting to boo a certain player.

For various reason (some, not of his resort) Patrice makes people want to boo him, it's sad, but it's the harsh reality of sports.

Other athletes have been systematically booed in other town, they either have enough mental toughness to live with the booing (which his not Patrice case, it seems) or have been traded to start back under a new sun (which was requested by PB himself)

I think the booers need to cut some slack to Patrice, but people should never expect this to completly stop, Patrice as reach a point where people who hate the guy, will hate him forever, even he scores the game winner in the 7th game of the Stanley cup final for the Habs next june !!! (Not bloody likely

Old
09-30-2003, 10:18 AM
RIWhaler

Send a message via AIM to RIWhaler
In my opinion, Bob Gainey did what any human being should do - stand by his man. I don't care if Savard wants to go around saying he's risking losing fans who purchase tickets. How would you feel if you were the GM, listening to the fans boo a guy who is the senior member of the organization? It's about time someone stood up for Brisebois. I am sickened by the fans in Montreal that think a guy should have the mental toughness to put up with this kind of treatment. To hate a guy - booing him, trashing him, bad-mouthing his character - because of defensive mistakes that almost every Canadiens defenseman has made consistantly over the last ten years, is pure lunacy. It wears on a man's psyche. This man was reportedly having heart problems last year (stress-related chest pains are nothing to scoff at), and yet some Montreal fans insist upon calling for the guy's head. Where is your humanity? Unfortunately, some people can't put themselves in the position of Brisebois, subscribing to the juvenile mentality that a player receiving millions of dollars a year should be able to contend with a little fan resentment. That's horse hockey. Brisebois has made a concerted effort to improve his physical condition - his solid play, along with his well-mannered nature, has been a pleasant sight for this Canadiens fan.

Montreal fans get a bum-rap partly because of unjustified boo-birds. It's a wonder why the organization has been unable to lure a decent free-agent for years.

Old
09-30-2003, 11:45 AM
Brisebois

Quote:
Why do I have "troll" written all over me?

Quote:
Dickwad.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:00 PM
Darz

I think I'll throw my two cents in.

I applaude Bob Gainey's comments. When I heard them my first reaction was 'bout time!'.
I think fans have the right to do whatever they want (as long as it's legal), but I also beleive management and others have the right to comment on what they do. I've always felt if a player screws up, he gets booed. He does something good, he gets cheered. Pretty fricking simple. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out a player will play better when being cheered that booed! Ask Larry Murphy!
By booing a player regardless of weather he plays good or bad, imo, is about the stupidest thing you can to. The bottom line is you are hurting the team. The team you are supposablely a fan of. Brisebois play can only get worse with the booing.

How does this help the team??
-Makes him harder to trade, if the team wanted to take that route.
-Makes potential free agents, look at Montreal and go 'NO WAY'

I'm just curious...all the fans who applauded Gainey's hiring AND boo Brisebois, what is your feeling about Gainey now???? He basically called you every name in the book. How do you like him now. Personally, I'm a bigger Bob Gainey fan now, than I ever was!!

Old
09-30-2003, 04:28 PM
skidboot

If I don't do my job I have to change the way I do my job or I get fired.
They won't wait years and years to fire me either.

Pattycakes has been the same piece of crap for years. Oh but lets give him one more chance.

And Munchy....don't forget to cheer on Pattycakes! Write him a letter, I'm sure he could use the encouragement. Poor little guy had his feelings hurt. Maybe he should go to a spa in France.

Brisebois...sorry for not sharing your point of view....

And just to make everyone happy.....this will be my last post on this thread.
I'll still be around to talk Habs Hockey.....I'm sure you'll all be waiting.
lol.

How much more do we have to endure......

Old
09-30-2003, 04:55 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
And Munchy....don't forget to cheer on Pattycakes!

Ok bud. Will do. Whatever you say... If that's what it takes to make you happy I say why not, I might give it a shot next time I go.

Old
09-30-2003, 05:13 PM
Brisebois

*yawn* glad this thread is over.

Closed Thread