HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Beauchemin Deal

View Poll Results: Would you undo the Beauchemin trade?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 36 64.29%
Who cares, its an even trade 7 12.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old
08-21-2013, 07:49 AM
JabbaJabba

vCash: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckNoire View Post
100% agree. Doubt they factor in at all to be honest unless you have 2 identical offers and situations. You probably make some friends with your new team anyway so no point in joining another friend somewhere. What is important is money, role on the team/minutes and chance at winning the cup. For older players also probably what the family wants (children probably reluctant to move and lose their school friends).

On a sidenote: Schultz still is a ******.
Well, Koivu signed with the Ducks because of Selänne. I mean there were better options available for him in terms of competing for the cup.

Losing Gardiner sucks more than losing Lupul and a conditional pick. Lupul had no place in the team or in payroll (just like Ryan), and he needed to go. At the time, they were trading a injury prone second liner who was too expensive for the Ducks, a promising prospect to sweeten the deal and a conditional pick, for Beauchemin, a type of player the Ducks needed and who was familiar with the team.

It all played out well for Toronto because Lupul found his place and started scoring like a first liner and Gardiner is developing nicely. The pick was traded. At the time, the price was right but since then, Lupul's and Gardiner's values have gone up more than Beauchemin's (values combined at least). Nowdays, it would be an overpayment for Beauchemin.

It could have gone other way though, Lupul could have been the same or worse in Maple Leafs and Gardiner could have been a bust (he still can but, it's doubtful). You never know how trades and signings will turn out, there's always a risk.

JabbaJabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:02 AM
Lord Flashheart
Squadron Commander

vCash: 500
No I wouldn't. Lupul would have likely sucked rest of the contract with Ducks as he wasn't nearly as dedicated to hockey while he was in Anaheim as compared to Toronto. Also Ducks wouldn't have made playoffs that season without Beauch, and would also really miss character and leadership he brings.

Lord Flashheart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 11:13 AM
bootsgaudet

if we had retained james wisniewski like we should have i'd be for not doing the beauch deal.

However it was apparnt we needed lupul off the books.... but i will never understand the gardiner side of it. I mean beauch was bad on the leafs not sure why we needed to trade a top 6 when healthy forward + a type A definsive prospect (burke is a gardiner lover to the extreme) i felt like we could have given them somthing lesser... however it was probally burkes stranglehold on murray's ballsack that got that one done. (i agree that sounds a little extreme but the leafs poached everything from us in the burke era)

bootsgaudet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 02:30 PM
Sojourn
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bootsgaudet View Post
if we had retained james wisniewski like we should have i'd be for not doing the beauch deal.

However it was apparnt we needed lupul off the books.... but i will never understand the gardiner side of it. I mean beauch was bad on the leafs not sure why we needed to trade a top 6 when healthy forward + a type A definsive prospect (burke is a gardiner lover to the extreme) i felt like we could have given them somthing lesser... however it was probally burkes stranglehold on murray's ballsack that got that one done. (i agree that sounds a little extreme but the leafs poached everything from us in the burke era)
Wisniewski? He wanted way more than he was worth to us, and he really isn't nearly as good as he thinks he is. I have zero regrets that we let him go.

08-21-2013, 03:41 PM
Paul4587

Yeah Wisniewski was a tool and is a bit of a mess in his own end. He's a #3-4 guy making #2 money while missing a good chunk of games on the IR every year.

Paul4587 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaheim Ducks View Post
Shouldn't have let him walk in the first place, but I'm not mad at the deal at all
Agree with this. I don't mind the deal because we got Beach back. But at the same time he wanted to stay here. So wtf??? We lose two very good players for a d man who wanted to stay with the team in the beginning. Horrible asset management Murray needs to be b slapped

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-11-2013, 02:29 PM
John Cenaaaaa

vCash: 533
It's easy to say yes now, but Lupul didn't do jack all in Anaheim.

John Cenaaaaa is offline   Reply With Quote