HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Listening to 97.5

Old
06-25-2013, 06:37 PM

vCash: 500
Listening to 97.5

Is it always like this? Some guy saying that the likes of Hartnell, Simmonds, Couturier are 'slow, old hockey' and we need to get rid for players of the likes of Chicago and Boston...presumably players like Lucic and Bergeron

1865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:38 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Is it always like this? Some guy saying that the likes of Hartnell, Simmonds, Couturier are 'slow, old hockey' and we need to get rid for players of the likes of Chicago and Boston...presumably players like Lucic and Bergeron
Yes its almost as bad as WIP, they both suck IMO

Giroux It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:40 PM
GingerFetish

Send a message via Skype™ to GingerFetish
wow thats terrible

GingerFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:46 PM
MP92
G & V

Everytime I listen to guys on 97.5 or 94.1 talk hockey, I want to punch a wall. So much friggin stupid it's mind blowing.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Go For It

Rob Ellis (94.1) is the only one I can listen to talk hockey. He's no Metzler, but he usually has some good points and isn't a moron when it comes to the Flyers.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:53 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1865 View Post
Philadelphia breeds a lot of morons who really don't know what the hell they're talking about. Most of them frequently call these stations. That's why I always shake my head when people say we're knowlegdable. If they listened to 94.1 or 97.5 they would change their minds quickly on that assertion.

There are some knowledgable people here but they rarely call into these shows. The morons far outweigh them.

LegionOfDoom91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 07:00 PM
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beef Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
Philadelphia breeds a lot of morons who really don't know what the hell they're talking about. Most of them frequently call these stations. That's why I always shake my head when people say we're knowlegdable. If they listened to 94.1 or 97.5 they would change their minds quickly on that assertion.

There are some knowledgable people here but they rarely call into these shows. The morons far outweigh them.
I tuned in years ago while driving through the area. A guy called in and made a valid point about some damned Flyers thing, and he was shouted down by a guy babbling about the Sixers. I changed the channel and have never been back on either station.

06-25-2013, 07:06 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
I tuned in years ago while driving through the area. A guy called in and made a valid point about some damned Flyers thing, and he was shouted down by a guy babbling about the Sixers. I changed the channel and have never been back on either station.
Had a similar experience and now Imhomestly don't listen to any sports talk radio shows. It's rough out there.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 07:09 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Yeah it's pretty brutal but good for laughs. I remember the day Richards & Carter got traded it was right around the 3 o'clock show which had Howard Eskin & Ike Reese at the time. Since it was in June with nothing really to talk about with the Eagles these trades were really the only noteworthy thing going on. Eskin left the show for good a couple days prior to that so they had a fill in for him but it was hilarious hearing Ike Reese trying to understand what half of the callers were talking about.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:13 PM
FlyersFan61290

Anyone listening to this now? He's saying nothing for about 10 minutes now.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:17 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I hate the one guy on 97.5 with the nasally voice and asks rhetorical questions after every caller. I can't remember his name for some reason.

I also hate Phil from Mount Airy and his Skip Bayless mentality. I don't why you would give a frequent caller and who says nothing but outrageous stuff a show.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:17 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

You guys have more patience than I do. I cannot and will not listen to either station. They are both so ignorant and annoying

Old
06-25-2013, 07:20 PM
FlyersFan61290

It's been a while since I listened to radio but is this really what's its like now. This is unbearable.

Old
06-25-2013, 07:21 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
It's been a while since I listened to radio but is this really what's its like now. This is unbearable.
Thank God for XM radio

Old
06-25-2013, 07:23 PM
DayoftheGreek

My experience with these stations has also been very poor.

DayoftheGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

The problem is, they aren't just asinine with Hockey, its all the sports.

Old
06-25-2013, 08:14 PM
Coppy
Good Luck Richie!

I used to intern for 97.5 in 2010 when the Flyers made their run. I can tell you that pretty much everyone there (producers and hosts) care absolutely nothing about hockey. Most of them couldn't wait for the Flyers playoffs to end so they could go back to talking about baseball.

Coppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:50 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 50
WIP is fine as long as you find the right hosts to listen to. Rob Ellis is good, and I listen to Glen Macnow and Ray Didinger every Saturday, both of whom have been around hockey since there's been hockey to be around. They usually have Sarah Baicker call in for a segment.

One of the issues is that people who actually call in are completely oblivious about things-hockey-not-Flyers because they only care if it's a hot topic and they're tired of crying about the Eagles and Phillies. If they make a trade, no one has any clue about who they traded for.

GKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 08:58 PM
Go For It

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKJ View Post
WIP is fine as long as you find the right hosts to listen to. Rob Ellis is good, and I listen to Glen Macnow and Ray Didinger every Saturday, both of whom have been around hockey since there's been hockey to be around. They usually have Sarah Baicker call in for a segment.

One of the issues is that people who actually call in are completely oblivious about things-hockey-not-Flyers because they only care if it's a hot topic and they're tired of crying about the Eagles and Phillies. If they make a trade, no one has any clue about who they traded for.
I forgot about Macnow. He's good as well, but I can't stand whoever it is he's usually partnered with.

Go For It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:00 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coppy View Post
I used to intern for 97.5 in 2010 when the Flyers made their run. I can tell you that pretty much everyone there (producers and hosts) care absolutely nothing about hockey. Most of them couldn't wait for the Flyers playoffs to end so they could go back to talking about baseball.
How was being an intern if you don't mind me asking?

Always wanted to get into sports radio a few years ago, but kinda faded away when I learned the cut-throat business it is along with the salary isn't all that great either.

Sniped is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:03 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
I forgot about Macnow. He's good as well, but I can't stand whoever it is he's usually partnered with.
He's with Anthony Gargano, the guy who tries to live up to the Italian stereotypes. I personally don't mind him but I've heard people complain about him usually for the reason I stated above.

I like those guys over that clown Mike Missanelli and his annoying partner and of course the wonderful Howard Eskin who they replaced.

Old
06-25-2013, 09:06 PM
healthyscratch

vCash: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go For It View Post
The "Cuz" is brutal. Simply brutal. He doesn't even let MacNow talk or finish his stories. He started out ok, but dudes ego has blown up and is out of control.

Love the Saturday show with Mac and Didinger. A real shame they could never get Didinger on a full time show. He's awesome.

But I listen to sports talk for laughs, certainly not for knowledge. And when Missanelli goes off on one of his rant days, or basketball shows about LeBron(which makes zero sense) I just plug my phone in and rock out.

healthyscratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Giroux It
Rookie User

The problem I have with "Sports Radio" is the level of sports they talk is childish at best

Old
06-25-2013, 09:47 PM
lancer247

the sports hosts only know stereotypes of old Flyers teams but little about current Flyers let alone the rest of the NHL.

lancer247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:15 PM
bendersauce

Listen to the Marek vs Wyshynski podcast from puckdaddy. Its on itunes and I think its really good. Its not flyers specific but much better than the clowns in the philly radio media.

bendersauce is offline   Reply With Quote